Fair Weather Fans?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker B @ Oct 13 2007, 06:52 PM) 238428[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I'm not a masochist. I don't sit through pain and punishment and consider it fun.

A list of things I also do not do:

Eat an overcooked steak I am paying a lot of money for

Tip for bad service

Stay through movies that are horrible from the start and devolve over time

Continue to drink disgusting beer just because I bought the six pack

etc.

etc.

etc.

You get the point. How is this any different?

You don't keep buying the same beer or go back to see the same movie.

10-4 thats a good point. However, I do occasionally watch different movies that have the same actors, or drink beers by the same brewery.

In any case, we're going off in a different route.

I have no problem with people saying people need to be fired, people booing or whatever. But I just think it's funny when the "Best fans in College Football" leave at halftime. It's easy to be the best fans in College Football when we win 9+ games a year. I commend all the fans that stayed through the end of the game, and cheered these kids when they scored in the fourth quarter. It's just funny to think of Nebraska fans as fair weather, but everyone across the country who sees the footage on ESPN2 of 1000's of people leaving before half is going to be saying that.

BTW, it was worth going to the game to see the '97 team run through that tunnel. Not too many dry eyes in the house at that point.

I'm going to assume that A) your very young or B) you haven't been an NU fan for very long. I was in colleg from 93-96. We played for a NC each and every year I was in college. The stands were always empty by middle of the 3rd quarter because we were winning by 30-60 points. I guess the same rules apply. If you're getting shelled by 30-60 points it's ok to leave. If you're winning by 30-60 points it's ok to leave. I never once heard one complaint back then about all the fans leaving. It's only when our asses are getting kicked that a few "sensitive" people start to complain about fans abandoning the program?

Putting blame on the fans leaving at halftime is pretty low on the list of things to worry about. If they left at halftime, they showed up for two more quarters than the team did.

Zing!!

Hey, if it takes ending the sellout streak and playing before a half-empty stadium to get the University to can Pederson and Callahan, I'm all for it. Fans can have a say in the direction of the program - and they have the right to.

I actually stayed for the entire game, thought why the hell not. I love watching the Huskers play football, not as easy to watch when they are getting killed but I still stayed.

And when the 97 team ran out, that was awesome. Seeing TO jog onto the field one more time with his players is something that I will never forget.

Putting blame on the fans leaving at halftime is pretty low on the list of things to worry about. If they left at halftime, they showed up for two more quarters than the team did.

Dude, very well put. We're all fans, some just react differently. It doesn't make you a fair weather fan cause you sit through some of the worst coaching college football has ever seen. That was pure stink and it ALL comes rolling down from the top.

What a gay-ass thread...

Nice comment.

It is a gay-ass thread.

Let's just say I'm not surprised that a guy with the alias of "TrueHuskerFan" would start a thread like this...

Hey, guess what?!? You win. Nebraska football has derailed, isn't it fun!!! Here, I'll slap your back for you. Why are you wasting your time on what fans are doing at the stadium?!? Shouldn't you be anointing the feet of some mysterious Savior of this program who is going to come in and have NU winning 90-0 every game from now until eternity?

Seriously, I think these coaches are a joke and should admit they are and just go, but then there are posters who think they have any clue of a solution and they don't. Yell 'FIRE!', burn down everything, and hope to God something works out.

Amazing. It's just so easy to fix everything, isn't it? Of course it is, because no one is trusting you to do it.

Well I paid my $30 to get up at 9 this morning to watch this nonsense. I don't know what's wrong on either side of the ball, but it needs to be fixed. Kellen Winslow made a good comment when he asked what all of those words on his card were and why we had only seen 5 different plays. The announcers can even call our plays before they are ran. Something HAS to be done. Whether it's the defense getting some stops or the offense getting some scores. I don't have the answers, but I hope someone does!