New offense in making..

What's wrong with your offense now? The West Coast offense will work for you. I think you will set yourselves back a couple of years if you change again. In my opinion, the issue with Nebraska is Callahan has made the defense an after thought. I don't think offense is your problem, I think it is defense.

What's wrong with your offense now? The West Coast offense will work for you. I think you will set yourselves back a couple of years if you change again. In my opinion, the issue with Nebraska is Callahan has made the defense an after thought. I don't think offense is your problem, I think it is defense.

Clearly you haven't watched Nebraska football this season.

X

X

You're right, I haven't. But look at the season scores and the defense hasn't shutdown anyone. Looks like the offense has scored well in all but the last two. The defense on the other hand used to be great also, not much talk on that. I think too much focus on the offense.

Quick rundown for you. Nevada, enough said. Wake Forest the offense did sputter but did put up enough to win. Actually, the D kind of kept us from losing that game. USC, the offense didn't do jack after the first quarter until the cheering squad was put in for USC in the 4th. Ball State hasn't had a winning record in a decade, so scoring on them probably doesn't mean much. Mizzou had the 95th ranked D and we put up a measely 6. Okie State's D is about like Mizzou's and totally shut us down. Both sides of the ball suck. In order to have a good D, you must have a running game to slow the game down. Teams that have a lights out offense running a 2 minute offense the entire game rarely have a very good D for obvious reasons.

All you need are athletes and agood DC to play great defense. Offense takes brains. You can have all the xs and Os you want, but if you don't have the talent and depth you are not gonna stop to many folks. Offensive minded coach that beleives in a tough, physical running game and a good recruiter that will build the walkon program and run the FB once in a while. That offense can't run the ball consistantly!

I honestly don't think running the option is the answer here. We have the kids now to run the WCO (at least that is what we are told). If we run an offense such as Meyer's or Zook's I will be happy. As fun as it was to watch NU line up and have the offensive line tell them what they were running and where it was going to run and the defense still could not stop it, the way the game is now, the Sooners, Floridas, Longhorns, etc... are just too fast for it now.

Just because you run the option doesn't mean you have to run it every play. The idea of a power running game is to use power AND speed to wear down your opponent. I still haven't seen a single good argument against the option/power running game. The "too fast" thing is just ridiculous in my opinion.

X

Ya HuskerX what you say is true .but you have to have the horses up front to do any of that and right now I dont think our line can run block to save their lives! :hellloooo

Turner Gill is turning a SORRY Buffalo program around! They are 3-1 in conference and this year he beat Solich's Ohio team. Don't be against Gill before checking him out. Why would Pelini run the option, most of his experience was in the pros?

with what we have if Bo was hired the best bet for him is to get a stud o- coordinator and actually let him be the 0- coordinator.

Turner Gill is turning a SORRY Buffalo program around! They are 3-1 in conference and this year he beat Solich's Ohio team. Don't be against Gill before checking him out. Why would Pelini run the option, most of his experience was in the pros?

I watched a little bit of thier game with penn state, they really played psu well. I really enjoyed watching thier offence, looked like a mix of every system Turner has been in, I think it could be really effective at a higher level school. The defence flew to the ball as well but psu had too many horses on offence.

I honestly don't think running the option is the answer here. We have the kids now to run the WCO (at least that is what we are told). If we run an offense such as Meyer's or Zook's I will be happy. As fun as it was to watch NU line up and have the offensive line tell them what they were running and where it was going to run and the defense still could not stop it, the way the game is now, the Sooners, Floridas, Longhorns, etc... are just too fast for it now.

Just because you run the option doesn't mean you have to run it every play. The idea of a power running game is to use power AND speed to wear down your opponent. I still haven't seen a single good argument against the option/power running game. The "too fast" thing is just ridiculous in my opinion.

X

X

I dont agree that defenses are to fast for the option. It has nothing to do with it. As long as your guys are blocking properly and your QB can learn when to and when not to pitch, you should be able to run it on everyone. The best is when it gets going and the defense sells to the option run and then we run the option pass, thats when it is all over my friend.

Did you happen to watch the Rose Bowl when NU played Miami?????

If we go to more of a running offense with some west coast/modern passing, why wouldn't Gabbert want to come here. He doesn't have Vince Young wheels probably, but the new NFL QB proteige is a guy who can pass and run. I think he will stay no matter what. Callahan may have been hand feeding him but probably not nipple feeding.

We could turn back the clock and have Harrison Beck become our qb of the future:

Here are his stats from a pathetic performance thus far this year - wonder what his 'momma' is thinking now?

Passing

Name G QBRat Att Comp Pct Yds Y/A Y/G TD Int Long Sack YdsL

Harrison Beck 5 94.0 144 77 53.5 831 5.8 166.2 2 9 53 4 -32

Daniel Evans 5 114.2 82 52 63.4 458 5.6 91.6 4 5 26 11 -75

He still sucks in the ACC too...

ENOUGH WITH THE TURNER GILL TALK.....

OFFENSE/DEFENSE TEAM STATS

OFFENSE DEFENSE

Points/Game 25.4 (135th) 30.9 (176th)

Total Yards/Gm 351.1 (159th) 399.9 (168th)

Rush Yards/GM 145.9 (146th) 170.6 (156th)

Pass Yards/GM 205.3 (136th) 229.3 (158th)

IN THE MAC....NO THANKS!!!

X

You're right, I haven't. But look at the season scores and the defense hasn't shutdown anyone. Looks like the offense has scored well in all but the last two. The defense on the other hand used to be great also, not much talk on that. I think too much focus on the offense.

Defense does win championships ,94,95,and 97, all had outstanding defenses. The WCO can work in college, it just needs to be toned down a bit so the players can actually understand and learn it. It should not take a player two years to learn their offense. Simplify it Bill !!! OOPs , might be too late.

X

X

I dont agree that defenses are to fast for the option. It has nothing to do with it. As long as your guys are blocking properly and your QB can learn when to and when not to pitch, you should be able to run it on everyone. The best is when it gets going and the defense sells to the option run and then we run the option pass, thats when it is all over my friend.

Regardless of how bad it was, one game is not the determining factor of the validity of an offensive strategy.

X

X

X

Regardless of how bad it was, one game is not the determining factor of the validity of an offensive strategy.

X

You also have to look at the talent level of that miami team and how many of them went to the pros.