Coach Bob Devaney

Won 10, Lost 1, Tied 0

Big 8: Won 7, Lost 0, Tied 0, 1st

Coach Bob Devaney

Won 9, Lost 2, Tied 0

Big 8: Won 5, Lost 2, Tied 0, 3rd

Coach Bob Devaney

After his second 6-4 season in 1968?

Depends. How many games did his opponents score 40 or more points? Was his D ranked last in his conference? Did he fail to score a TD against one of the worst D's in D1? Did he get absolutely crushed at Homecoming to a mid conference foe? Was he quoted in the OWH as stating, "I think I'm doing a good job" after getting his a$$ kicked?

Not sure if NU had the reputation of a powerhouse football program before Devaney.

Issues around Devaney which could have threatened his job are probably not documented in any history book.

Not as clean-cut as TO, but who is?

One thing I remember hearing was the Bobfather was very good at beating the point spread (for the gamblers) whereas TO was not as good, or did not want to be as good, as Devaney in this respect.

Fact or fiction? One of the Devaney-Osborne legends I remember.

Not sure if NU had the reputation of a powerhouse football program before Devaney.

Issues around Devaney which could have threatened his job are probably not documented in any history book.

Not as clean-cut as TO, but who is?

One thing I remember hearing was the Bobfather was very good at beating the point spread (for the gamblers) whereas TO was not as good, or did not want to be as good, as Devaney in this respect.

Fact or fiction? One of the Devaney-Osborne legends I remember.

The '95 Huskers beat the point spread every week. Not sure any other college football team has ever done that.

Devaney had a whole lot more success in his early years than Callahan has had -- assuming that's the point -- and took over a program that was at a low point after several down years -- not quite the case with Callahan.

Remember, the point was to avoid gravitating to mediocrity when we hired Bill. Not to beat a dead horse, but that was his mission, at which he very clearly has failed.