Marlon Lucky

As of right now Lucky has broke the Single game, season, and career mark for receptions by a RB. More then likely within the next game or two he will have set the record for season & career yardage by a RB as well as the OVERALL season reception mark. He is on pace to end up with 73 receptions this year which would put him at 107 for his career 36 short of the career mark. Which would be very reachable if the "New" staff uses him like he should be used. Before you knock him take into consideration that the records he is breaking were set by Cory Ross, Jeff Kinney and Johnny Rodgers. Johnny "Freaking" Rodgers people. It is not like he is breaking records of guys that played on teams that only ran the ball. Those guys played on teams that weren't affraid to throw the ball around. He was also 1 catch short of the overall record for receptions in a game and 6 yards short of the yardage mark for RB in a game.

Say what you want about him hitting the holes or whatever else the "talking heads" on here complain about, this guy may be the best receiving threat to EVER come through NU as far as RB's are concerned. He gets short changed because we were spoiled by the likes of Ahman, Rozier, Phillips etc. and because Recruiting Websites put crazy expectations on him. This guy is good and is more then likely going to end up with more then 1500-1600 total yards and that is with a line that can't run block and splitting time with 2 other guys.

(disclaimer) For those that feel the need to bash this guy I've heard it all before blah, blah, blah. I'm tired of all the National Enquirer crap around here and want to talk some stinking football for a change.)

As of right now Lucky has broke the Single game, season, and career mark for receptions by a RB. More then likely within the next game or two he will have set the record for season & career yardage by a RB as well as the OVERALL season reception mark. He is on pace to end up with 73 receptions this year which would put him at 107 for his career 36 short of the career mark. Which would be very reachable if the "New" staff uses him like he should be used. Before you knock him take into consideration that the records he is breaking were set by Cory Ross, Jeff Kinney and Johnny Rodgers. Johnny "Freaking" Rodgers people. It is not like he is breaking records of guys that played on teams that only ran the ball. Those guys played on teams that weren't affraid to throw the ball around. He was also 1 catch short of the overall record for receptions in a game and 6 yards short of the yardage mark for RB in a game.

Say what you want about him hitting the holes or whatever else the "talking heads" on here complain about, this guy may be the best receiving threat to EVER come through NU as far as RB's are concerned. He gets short changed because we were spoiled by the likes of Ahman, Rozier, Phillips etc. and because Recruiting Websites put crazy expectations on him. This guy is good and is more then likely going to end up with more then 1500-1600 total yards and that is with a line that can't run block and splitting time with 2 other guys.

(disclaimer) For those that feel the need to bash this guy I've heard it all before blah, blah, blah. I'm tired of all the National Enquirer crap around here and want to talk some stinking football for a change.)

Yup. Remember one writer, Heisman Pundit I believe, picked Lucky to be a Heisman darkhorse this preseason. If he had a good O-Line this year its hard telling what positive accolades he would be getting. I think he has been unfairly judged in the light of the team's overall performance (or lack thereof). These stats you quote certainly put him with some very fine company. :cheers

I dont have a problem with Lucky. He should get 20 touches a game. Need a power back in there as well to mix it up. As for his records - congrats. This offense (WCO) is designed for a short control passing game, so all the catches he gets isnt surprising at all. To actually throw downfield, he would need to stay in the backfield and pick up a block, help protect Keller to give him more time to find a reciever.

Pretty much meaningless when we have a losing record. Last time I checked it is a team game. Plus the reason he is getting these records is because out of the 300 page play book these guys have to memorize, they only know about 4 of the pages, and half of those plays are screens and dump passes. Lucky isn't a game breaker. Castille and Helu could do the same thing if given the bulk of the snaps.

:yeah

Pretty much meaningless when we have a losing record. Last time I checked it is a team game. Plus the reason he is getting these records is because out of the 300 page play book these guys have to memorize, they only know about 4 of the pages, and half of those plays are screens and dump passes. Lucky isn't a game breaker. Castille and Helu could do the same thing if given the bulk of the snaps.

Didn't people say the samething about Glenn last year that he could do what Lucky is doing if he was just given the chance. Where is he at these days? :madash I heard running on the Scout team. Castille needs to hang on to the ball and what exactly has Helu shown that proves he could do what Lucky has? Once again the guy gets no credit from some folks. I'm sure that Lucky going into the flats or over the middle is the same play. I'm sure he doesn't do that on multiple plays. It's xbox just keep calling the same plays. :wacko:

So unless the team is winning stats mean nothing? Take away 234 of Barrett Ruuds tackles then since he got those during teh 02 and 04 seasons. Troy Davis back to back 2000 season don't mean crap because those teams sucked. Most of Barry Sanders and Walter Payton's pro stats are meaningless because their teams were terrible most of the time. <_<

As of this week WE don't have a losing record it is 4-4 and to use the logic of the "Talking heads" after the 02 season that is not a losing season. :sarcasm

It bugs me that he gets a lot of carries taken away from him in recent weeks because our offense is so lost right now. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the fact that Castille is getting a good share, I just think Lucky shouldn't have his role reduced, but what can you do when we're in this type of situation. Hopefully Lucky stays around for his senior season(I think he will) and what a 1-2 punch him and Castille will be. Maybe Glenn will be able to play by then as well.

Well, I think we have been talking about stinking football for the last several weeks at least!!

Well, I think we have been talking about stinking football for the last several weeks at least!!

Nice play on words. Well done. :thumbs

I don't care what anyone says.....marlon is our best player.

NO ONE can convince me that ANYONE on the defense even deserves to be in the top 5.

Sam has shown signs of brilliance, but....I was at the A&M game.....he did anything BUT impress me

Mo may have a case.....but how can we be sure?? since he never gets the ball.

Marlon is our best player. Hands down.

Didn't people say the samething about Glenn last year that he could do what Lucky is doing if he was just given the chance. Where is he at these days? :madash I heard running on the Scout team. Castille needs to hang on to the ball and what exactly has Helu shown that proves he could do what Lucky has? Once again the guy gets no credit from some folks. I'm sure that Lucky going into the flats or over the middle is the same play. I'm sure he doesn't do that on multiple plays. It's xbox just keep calling the same plays. :wacko:

So unless the team is winning stats mean nothing? Troy Davis back to back 2000 season don't mean crap because those teams sucked. Most of Barry Sanders and Walter Payton's pro stats are meaningless because their teams were terrible most of the time. <_<

As of this week WE don't have a losing record it is 4-4 and to use the logic of the "Talking heads" after the 02 season that is not a losing season. :sarcasm

Helu by far was the fastest back out there. He was able to turn the corner and gain good yardage. There were many times when Lucky caught a dumpdown pass that there were receivers open downfield. Swift and Hill were open on a couple of different occasions. Don't know why SK isn't throwing them the ball. It was good to see the young kids finally get the ball. Lucky avg 2.9 ypc while Castille had nearly 7 ypc and Helu had nearly 8 ypc.