Marlon Lucky

Pretty much meaningless when we have a losing record. Last time I checked it is a team game. Plus the reason he is getting these records is because out of the 300 page play book these guys have to memorize, they only know about 4 of the pages, and half of those plays are screens and dump passes. Lucky isn't a game breaker. Castille and Helu could do the same thing if given the bulk of the snaps.

Didn't people say the samething about Glenn last year that he could do what Lucky is doing if he was just given the chance. Where is he at these days? :madash I heard running on the Scout team. Castille needs to hang on to the ball and what exactly has Helu shown that proves he could do what Lucky has? Once again the guy gets no credit from some folks. I'm sure that Lucky going into the flats or over the middle is the same play. I'm sure he doesn't do that on multiple plays. It's xbox just keep calling the same plays. :wacko:

So unless the team is winning stats mean nothing? Troy Davis back to back 2000 season don't mean crap because those teams sucked. Most of Barry Sanders and Walter Payton's pro stats are meaningless because their teams were terrible most of the time. <_<

As of this week WE don't have a losing record it is 4-4 and to use the logic of the "Talking heads" after the 02 season that is not a losing season. :sarcasm

Helu by far was the fastest back out there. He was able to turn the corner and gain good yardage. There were many times when Lucky caught a dumpdown pass that there were receivers open downfield. Swift and Hill were open on a couple of different occasions. Don't know why SK isn't throwing them the ball. It was good to see the young kids finally get the ball. Lucky avg 2.9 ypc while Castille had nearly 7 ypc and Helu had nearly 8 ypc.

it is because he doesnt have the time to wait for them to get open. by the time he makes his first and second read the d-line is on him and he has to drop the pass off........or that was the play call in the first place and Lucky was the first read

Oh don't give me that no time BS. SK had plenty of time against A&M. I was at the game. A good pocket was formed and he had 5, 6, or 7 seconds to throw the ball. He would look to one side of the field, lock in on a receiver, then check down to Lucky. Trust me, I wasn't the only fan in the stands that noticed this. Keller was only sacked twice in the game, and I believe both of them came in the second half.

read the whole post,

and since you were at the game, are you telling me that SK had 5-7 seconds to throw the ball every time he dropped back to pass? he was only sacked 2 times but how many times did he get rushed, hit after he threw the ball, ect

Pretty much meaningless when we have a losing record. Last time I checked it is a team game. Plus the reason he is getting these records is because out of the 300 page play book these guys have to memorize, they only know about 4 of the pages, and half of those plays are screens and dump passes. Lucky isn't a game breaker. Castille and Helu could do the same thing if given the bulk of the snaps.

Didn't people say the samething about Glenn last year that he could do what Lucky is doing if he was just given the chance. Where is he at these days? :madash I heard running on the Scout team. Castille needs to hang on to the ball and what exactly has Helu shown that proves he could do what Lucky has? Once again the guy gets no credit from some folks. I'm sure that Lucky going into the flats or over the middle is the same play. I'm sure he doesn't do that on multiple plays. It's xbox just keep calling the same plays. :wacko:

So unless the team is winning stats mean nothing? Troy Davis back to back 2000 season don't mean crap because those teams sucked. Most of Barry Sanders and Walter Payton's pro stats are meaningless because their teams were terrible most of the time. <_<

As of this week WE don't have a losing record it is 4-4 and to use the logic of the "Talking heads" after the 02 season that is not a losing season. :sarcasm

Helu by far was the fastest back out there. He was able to turn the corner and gain good yardage. There were many times when Lucky caught a dumpdown pass that there were receivers open downfield. Swift and Hill were open on a couple of different occasions. Don't know why SK isn't throwing them the ball. It was good to see the young kids finally get the ball. Lucky avg 2.9 ypc while Castille had nearly 7 ypc and Helu had nearly 8 ypc.

it is because he doesnt have the time to wait for them to get open. by the time he makes his first and second read the d-line is on him and he has to drop the pass off........or that was the play call in the first place and Lucky was the first read

Oh don't give me that no time BS. SK had plenty of time against A&M. I was at the game. A good pocket was formed and he had 5, 6, or 7 seconds to throw the ball. He would look to one side of the field, lock in on a receiver, then check down to Lucky. Trust me, I wasn't the only fan in the stands that noticed this. Keller was only sacked twice in the game, and I believe both of them came in the second half.

read the whole post,

and since you were at the game, are you telling me that SK had 5-7 seconds to throw the ball every time he dropped back to pass? he was only sacked 2 times but how many times did he get rushed, hit after he threw the ball, ect

I read the whole post, now you go and read previous post.

Did SK have 5-7 seconds to throw the ball in every one of his 44 pass attempts, probably not. Did he have ample time to throw the ball to other receivers in many of the 17 or so pass attempts to ML. Yes. The A&M fans were joking after they got the first sack of the day, "Our first sack of the year." I highly doubt that is true, and not going to take the time to look it up, but that says to me that even they know they have a

sh!tty DL and pass rush.

I believe with the 6 catches he had today Marlon is now tied for the season reception(55) record with Johnny Rodgers. Marlon had a heck of a game to with his 111 yards rushing and 41 receiving.

Marlon Lucky is talented.

But at this point, what does it matter?

I believe with the 6 catches he had today Marlon is now tied for the season reception(55) record with Johnny Rodgers. Marlon had a heck of a game to with his 111 yards rushing and 41 receiving.

Marlon Lucky is talented.

But at this point, what does it matter?

I'll tell you how it matters. If he was the No.1 I-back on the 95 or 97 teams he would be an icon in Nebraska. We would have had the same season whether it was ML or LP or AG being the top guys. As far as this season is concerned, ML was one of the few guys I thought was going "balls out" all the time. He deserves mad props. He should not be looked down upon because the team is not opening holes for him like they should.

I am the BIGGEST TRUEST NEBRASKA FAN there possibly could be in this state. But realistically Marlon Lucky is only good at one thing and that is catching the ball & running with it. When he has been given the ball against a good team (in other words besides Nevada) he doesn't find the holes, he pauses, he loses yardage all the time HE STINKS. Q Castille should be the Running back for right now then next year look out for Kenny Wilson he will be the best of them all.Callahan needs to really pay attention to ALL running backs because otherwise we are going to miss out on a good one just like poor Brandon Jackson from last year he had to sit almost 2 years before they understood he really was a good back.

I am the BIGGEST TRUEST NEBRASKA FAN there possibly could be in this state. But realistically Marlon Lucky is only good at one thing and that is catching the ball & running with it. When he has been given the ball against a good team (in other words besides Nevada) he doesn't find the holes, he pauses, he loses yardage all the time HE STINKS. Q Castille should be the Running back for right now then next year look out for Kenny Wilson he will be the best of them all.Callahan needs to really pay attention to ALL running backs because otherwise we are going to miss out on a good one just like poor Brandon Jackson from last year he had to sit almost 2 years before they understood he really was a good back.

Marlon had over 100 yards rushing yesterday against a good Texas team.

Marlon played one of the best games I have seen so far. But, he is still not that short rardage back. When you NEED 2 yrds, he is not the guy that is going to get it done. I seriously doubt he will be a RB in the pros. He would be a very good reciever and let Castille run the ball. Now that would be a very tough thing to defend.

I like Marlon Lucky as an ok multi-purpose running back, but he lacks that ability to make a quick cut and get back to full speed in an instant (something I see a bit of in Helu Jr who is just flat out quicker)...if there's an obivious hole, he'll hit it, but he hesitates too much. He has good hands and I've seen him make some good blocks in the backfield.

He had a good game -- I was pleasantly surprised. I don't know how much of the difference was his play vs. improvement from the O-Line though.

It did give me goosebumps to see Nebraska come out and pop UT in the jaw with 5 or 6 runs in a row on their opening series. They couldn't finish it, but it did actually work for a while there.

It's cool that Lucky has/will have the receptions record. The fact that it has quite a bit to do with Callahan's shift of offensive system does little to tarnish it.