The Pelini threads (all of them)

TLS2

I heard that Tom Osborne had all the photomats in Lincoln burned because he wanted no pictures. I also know the bum that sleeps on the heating vent outside the Osborne complex and he said that Pelini gave him half a gyro from Ali Baba's on his way to go key Cosgrove's car.

It's true. I had it on video tape. But Pelini saw me and kicked me in the nuts, then stole the tape out of the camera and ate it...

I heard that Tom Osborne had all the photomats in Lincoln burned because he wanted no pictures. I also know the bum that sleeps on the heating vent outside the Osborne complex and he said that Pelini gave him half a gyro from Ali Baba's on his way to go key Cosgrove's car.

It's true. I had it on video tape. But Pelini saw me and kicked me in the nuts, then stole the tape out of the camera and ate it...

LIAR!

pelini would have eaten the camera with the cassette still in it.

its pelini.

Sounds like it's most likely Pelini and although I like Pelini, I still have a problem that it seems like far too short a list of candidates.

Not like there is a line of candidates knocking at the door to be here...although it may be longer than what Pedey could generate now that Tom is here.

LIAR!

pelini would have eaten the camera with the cassette still in it.

Your thinking of pelinni. :)

It is about time to say good-bye to Coach Callahan. I am sure some of us alumni can put together three million and buy out his contract. I think Bo Pelinni should have been chosen. I think he can restore Nebraska Football back to it's roots of pound it in football.

So if the alumni put together three million to buy out Cally's contract, does that mean the next coach has to be their choice only? I'm sorry, but that thinking doesnt sit well with me. Because I'm confident that TO will interview several candidates after the season and make the best fit for Nebraska and the University. Nothing will happen during the season, no matter how many new threads get started and eventually become retreads.

Not sure, but this will either be merged with the coaching thread out there (you know, the one that says coaching thread for all possible candidates & is 4 pages long) or perhaps merged into the Get your Pelini here - All Bo, All the time thread.

BTW - I'm not trying to put you down at all Thunder.

Frankly, I'm growing tired of the anti-Pelinians.

He's proven, season after season (regardless of where he is coaching) that he has the tools and know-how to make a defense top-tier.

That's really all that matters to me, at this point. With a few tweaks of our offense...imagine what could happen. Low opponent scoring and, well...we'll see with the offense.

Cosgrove is gone. Period. I believe Cally is gone, at season's end.

If we don't seize this opportunity to get Pelini back at the end of this season, I believe we'll regret it for the rest of our Nebraska football fan lives.

Pelini will get a head coaching job, it's just up to Nebraska to determine whether it will be here.

Rather than hire AU's Stoops, who may be getting fired for poor performance; or Joe Glenn (Wyoming) -- I say, why not give a guy that has a proven record of performance and potential a shot -- Pelini. Bo Pelini hasn't even been afforded the opportunity to "prove" himself as a head coach. I say, give a young guy a shot.

Jim Grobe? Turner Gill (just not right, for right now)? You've got to be kidding me. Give me a legitimate name, and I'll shut my pie-hole.

:corndance:w00t:corndance:w00t:corndance:w00t:corndance:w00t:corndance:w00t

:w00t:corndance:w00t:corndance:w00t:corndance:w00t:corndance

I know we all want to see wins and results, but as even Dr. Tom said: you do things the right way, and things will come through.

Honestly, I think Bo might be able to produce results here. But convince me that telling Bill Snyder to "f--- himself" after the 38-9 debacle is ANYTHING close to the Nebraska Way.

Winning is important. Results are important. But we can do it the right way. That's what separates Tom Osborne from Barry Switzer, it's what has made this program Nebraska and it's what will continue to make this program Nebraska.

I know we all want to see wins and results, but as even Dr. Tom said: you do things the right way, and things will come through.

Honestly, I think Bo might be able to produce results here. But convince me that telling Bill Snyder to "f--- himself" after the 38-9 debacle is ANYTHING close to the Nebraska Way.

Winning is important. Results are important. But we can do it the right way. That's what separates Tom Osborne from Barry Switzer, it's what has made this program Nebraska and it's what will continue to make this program Nebraska.

Convince me that calling opposing team's fans "F**KIN Hillbiliies* is close to the Nebraska way. Convince me that a "throat slash" gesture is the Nebraska way.

What separates TO from Switzer is nothing other than Switzer got caught cheating. I guess everyone just conveniently forgets that he's the one that got OU put on probation and NCAA santions. TO was clean while Switzer was busy paying players. This is what separates them!

Personally, and remember...this is just me talking here -- I couldn't care less if our coach tells another rival coach to "FU@K himself." I like the fire...that's what football, I believe, is all about. I think that is exactly what Nebraska football needs. Not necessarily the "f-yourself" front...but that general attitude. We don't need to say it, more so, we need to present it on the field.

I sincerely doubt that Pelini, as a head coach for Nebraska -- or anywhere for that matter -- would ever tell another coach to, well, you know.

I love his intensity.

*Quick edit -- Again, this is just my opinion, but I would rather be 11-1/12-0 rather than be 4-8, 7-7, 8-4 and be losing the right way.