New Head Coach? THREADS - ALL OF THEM

Haven't seen his name mentioned yet. Very interesting though. He was actually born in Omaha. Maybe he'd consider coming back? Even heard he has family still in the Omaha area.

Has done some impressive things at UGA while staying atop the SEC most years and did some VERY good things at FSU as an offensive coordinator where he coached 2 Heisman trophy winners. A young coach with a lot of passion. The more I read about him, the more I like him as NU's head coach than Pelini. His bio:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Richt

He also has a son, Jon, who is a senior high school quarterback who's committed to Clemson. Maybe he could follow Dad back to his roots?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewp...sp?pr_key=61263

:thumbs

Haven't seen his name mentioned yet. Very interesting though. He was actually born in Omaha. Maybe he'd consider coming back? Even heard he has family still in the Omaha area.

Has done some impressive things at UGA while staying atop the SEC most years and did some VERY good things at FSU as an offensive coordinator where he coached 2 Heisman trophy winners. A young coach with a lot of passion. The more I read about him, the more I like him as NU's head coach than Pelini. His bio:

He also has a son, Jon, who is a senior high school quarterback who's committed to Clemson. Maybe he could follow Dad back to his roots?

No

I just don't get it! All these coaches names that are being tossed around as potential candidates. First off just because they were born in Nebraska does not mean that they automaticially want to come here because the job is open! Second, what makes ya think they want to leave the jobs they have now? This football program is broke at the moment. Don't kid yourself but that will shy a lot of coaches away. Yes we have a rich and valued tradition at Nebraska, but right now it's in complete turmoil. I have faith in TO and his search committe to find the best coach to fit not only the University but the people of Nebraska.

I just don't get it! All these coaches names that are being tossed around as potential candidates. First off just because they were born in Nebraska does not mean that they automaticially want to come here because the job is open! Second, what makes ya think they want to leave the jobs their have now? This football program is broke at the moment. Don't kid yourself but that will shy a lot of coaches away. Yes we have a rich and valued tradition at Nebraska, but right now it's in complete turmoil. I have faith in TO and his search committe to find the best coach to fit not only the University but the people of Nebraska.

Never said that he would want to come back here. Didn't even say that he was unhappy in his current position. Not assuming he would want to come here "just because he was born here". Just found it interesting that he was actually from Omaha and I love what he's done with a Georgia program that was fairly mediocre before he took over.

Also, if you're going to say "no", I'd love it if you could expand on that opinion a little. This is a message board, so maybe you'd like give us a little more than........"no" :box

Never said that he would want to come back here. Didn't even say that he was unhappy in his current position. Not assuming he would want to come here "just because he was born here". Just found it interesting that he was actually from Omaha and I love what he's done with a Georgia program that was fairly mediocre before he took over.

Also, if you're going to say "no", I'd love it if you could expand on that opinion a little. This is a message board, so maybe you'd like give us a little more than........"no" :box

I think a lot of us are just getting tired of the out of control rumor mill. It seems "everybody and his brother" who has any ties to Nebraska has had his name thrown out as a potential candidate. There's nothing personal intended here. You are welcome to share you views. I just think nerves are getting a little frazzled right now so people are getting short with their responses. It's going to be a LONG four weeks until the end of the season when, hopefully, TO will make some decisions.

I think a lot of us are just getting tired of the out of control rumor mill. It seems "everybody and his brother" who has any ties to Nebraska has had his name thrown out as a potential candidate. There's nothing personal intended here. You are welcome to share you views. I just think nerves are getting a little frazzled right now so people are getting short with their responses. It's going to be a LONG four weeks until the end of the season when, hopefully, TO will make some decisions.

I agree. I've had enough of th 'what about this guy?' posts. give it all a rest for a while.

This thread was not intended to be a "rumor". Just a guy I thought was interesting. Nothing I've read or heard says he is even interested in coming here. Was just a thought. Geez

I agree. I've had enough of th 'what about this guy?' posts. give it all a rest for a while.

Thought this was a place we could post our "opinions". Guess the only opinion worth posting is the popular one. Don't get me wrong, I believe Pelini will be a great head coach for any team. I also believe that TO will select the right guy for the job. Just wanted to throw this name out there. If you don't like it, don't read it