New Head Coach? THREADS - ALL OF THEM

I wasn't stomping on Boise. My point is that most football players don't really like the cold. I'm not sure of many/any having condos and such around Aspen. Most good college football players aren't really avid outdoor enthusiasts either. Peterson may be a big fish there, but just imagine to what size he would grow as HC of NU. A successful coach at NU is all but viewed like a God here with a much larger fanbase than Boise State.

I agree with the big fish thing. Winning at NU makes you a huge fish.

Boise is much warmer in the winter than Lincoln and is cooler in the summer. it is low elevation and the weather is fantastic --- virtually never snows (except in the higher elevations) and rarely gets daytime temperatures much below freezing. No humidity or bugs!

Did the cougs hire Bronco Mendenhall. I used to work at Uof U medical center in the ER. I loved it there.

I used to get alot of crap on Saturday wearing my Blackshirt scrubs......those have since been retired for obvious reasons.

I was actually back there when Edwards was still at BYU and we had some coach named Ron McBride -- you might have heard of him...probably not... :)

Did the cougs hire Bronco Mendenhall. I used to work at Uof U medical center in the ER. I loved it there.

I used to get alot of crap on Saturday wearing my Blackshirt scrubs......those have since been retired for obvious reasons.

I am a current BYU student, but also a big Nebraska fan. That being said, I still vote for Gill over Sarkisian. I love the option and the tradition of Nebraska. Bring it back!!!

I know we've all been thinking Bo P. and Turner G. are at the top of the list to take BC's place but there is another possibility. Bobby Patrino may be on his way out at the Atlanta Falcons. He was the hot college coach last year and hasn't been in the No Fun League long enough for it to have ruined him. ...T_O_B

Things I learned from these post.

1. Nebraska coaching job-

30 other potential positions as being equal to or better

2. Option - Can't win a conference or NC ever using it.

3. Boise St - Right up there with Texas, Florida, Ohio St, LSU

4. Nebraska - Right there with Iowa St, Baylor, Iowa, Vanderbilt, Duke

5. Nebraska - No matter who is the coach Nebraska will never win the NC Ever.

This reminds me of the Movie Let it Ride. Where Richard Dreyfuss as Trotter, a cab driver goes around the horse track asking people what horse to pick for the next race. Then he scratches every horse off his list they suggest and goes with the horse thats left.

Just, glad some of you people were'nt around and in charge in the 60's or this program would be like Iowa St.

Here we go again. No disrespect to you, but most of us don't want another NFL coach. I doubt T.O. would want one either. It will be a college coach, whether HC or AC.

Do you even know who he is??? He has only coached in the NFL once for ONE year. He is a college coach.

That said......He will not be coming to Nebraska.....not under any circumstances

I have been big on Bo Pelini and still am, but Paul Johnson does interest me. Actually, as far as long term goes, Johnson might come in wanting to stay at NU for many years. I don't know about Pelini. Would he make Nebraska a career or do you think he'll jump for the NFL after a few years as HC?

All right, I admit I didn't do my research, but T.O. will want someone with some type of Husker connection. Or at least someone who understands the culture and the traditions here. Whether a guy like Patrino would understand it, I don't know.

Problem is even those who understood the culture and traditions and who have been associated with the NU program have not respected it -- S.P. But he never played or coached the game here, so maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges. But all I am saying is even if they hire someone with a connection to the program, there is that risk that he could have a different visision than what the people around here have. Hiring an AD and a HC can be a risky thing. I just hope it all turns out OK.

Look at what he is doing with the best talent in college football? The huskers won't be able to land USC's talent, yet they were beat by Stanford at home and nearly lost to Washington and Arizona! We need a better HC than that!

Yes, let's just ignore the past three years AND put all of the blame for USC's play on Sarkisian's back.

Wonderful analysis...