Joe Dailey

Square Peg -> Round Hole :madash:bang

Story of HCBC. No fan of JD but trying to force him into being a WCO QB was incredibly stupid, pig headed and shows a complete lack of coaching competence. A good coach, hell even a mediocre coach would have come in and adapted his system to the talent and skill sets that the team possessed. But oh no, not for former super bowl uber coach Callhan. He has to come in and ram this incredibly complex variant of the WCO down the throat of a group of players that were recruited to run the option. Well, that didn't work out very well did it Bill? But come to think of it, it's working even worse now that you have your own players in here.

This whole last 4 years pisses me off so much I want to puke. What is even worse was I supported HCBC even though the warning signs were there from day one that the whole ADSP/HCBC was not going to work. I dismissed the haters as a bunch of bitter Solichistas. I'm sorry for that now, I should have listened. I saw the same things you guys did but choose to ignore them.

:rant This season can not end soon enough for me. The sooner it ends, the sooner this group of incompetent :asshat coaches will hit the bricks. :rant

:restore

Dailey is a senior whose qb-skills are more-suited to run-based attack. The move to wr made sense in that context. This will be a tranisition year for NC anyway, might as well let your future starter learn the ropes.

Dailey was the starter at the end of last season for NC, he did get his job back.

Part of Dailey's undoing is that he was recruited to be a dual-threat guy that ran as much as he threw. He never got to do that for BC or at NC.

Another big part is that every year Dailey played qb he had to learn a new offensive system, that takes significant time that could have been spent working-on his bad habits. I think if Gill had Dailey playing in a system he was suited for and in the same system throughout his tenure the kid would've became a solid qb.

Dailey is a senior whose qb-skills are more-suited to run-based attack. The move to wr made sense in that context. This will be a tranisition year for NC anyway, might as well let your future starter learn the ropes.

Dailey was the starter at the end of last season for NC, he did get his job back.

Part of Dailey's undoing is that he was recruited to be a dual-threat guy that ran as much as he threw. He never got to do that for BC or at NC.

Another big part is that every year Dailey played qb he had to learn a new offensive system, that takes significant time that could have been spent working-on his bad habits. I think if Gill had Dailey playing in a system he was suited for and in the same system throughout his tenure the kid would've became a solid qb.

He was'nt much of a run threat when he played here. To many times he ended up running out of bound when he could have gotten the first down.

Dailey was a solid qb that got ruined by these coaches. HAd Barney and the gang stayed or any type of normal offense, he probably would of done well. He is not a West Coast qb and def. not a Callahan West Coast qb.

Yeah Barney, he really tore it up at NC didn't he?!!!!!!!! Hmm and they didn't run the WCO either.

Barney Cotton coached at Iowa State

Daily was a solid QB. What the hell are you smoking. Frank's jock still. He could not even play when Solich was coach. He did not have the ability to throw 15 passses. It would have been 15 attempts and 5 interceptions.

The purpose in Daily was to change to a spread offense. It was suppose to happen Lord's last year. He was not good enough to do it. There fore we continued with the QB left/right so called option.

BC may not be what we needed, but he started without a QB period.

Daily was a solid QB. What the hell are you smoking. Frank's jock still. He could not even play when Solich was coach. He did not have the ability to throw 15 passses. It would have been 15 attempts and 5 interceptions.

The purpose in Daily was to change to a spread offense. It was suppose to happen Lord's last year. He was not good enough to do it. There fore we continued with the QB left/right so called option.

Callahan screwed Joe Dailey, went to juco to get Zack Taylor, Sam Keller landed in his lap with no effort of his own. In the meantime, none of his QB recruits have panned out. They sit, do not play even one down, and then transfer. Everyone talks about Callahans recruiting. If he were such a good recruiter we would have a good team. Quarterback is a mess. Joe Gantz is getting screwed and no one in their right mind would want to play for this guy. He shows no loyalty toward players, just like in his NFL days.

Todays game is going to be a laugher. The worst loss in history of nebraska football.

He was'nt much of a run threat when he played here. To many times he ended up running out of bound when he could have gotten the first down.

I wonder if that was part of BC's doings. I don't think he likes his qb's to run (unless its 3rd and 2 inside the 10 and you are playing A&M, but that's a different story). His NFL mentality sticks and he wants to protect his qb as much as possible, teaching them to throw the ball away, instead of tucking it and running.

Dailey was a solid qb that got ruined by these coaches. HAd Barney and the gang stayed or any type of normal offense, he probably would of done well. He is not a West Coast qb and def. not a Callahan West Coast qb.

Yeah Barney, he really tore it up at NC didn't he?!!!!!!!! Hmm and they didn't run the WCO either.

Barney Cotton coached at Iowa State

I was referring to Benard aka Barney. The guy with all the "insightful" information but never any facts to back it up. Benard is a legend for that spacific reason!

Callahan screwed Joe Dailey, went to juco to get Zack Taylor, Sam Keller landed in his lap with no effort of his own. In the meantime, none of his QB recruits have panned out. They sit, do not play even one down, and then transfer. Everyone talks about Callahans recruiting. If he were such a good recruiter we would have a good team. Quarterback is a mess. Joe Gantz is getting screwed and no one in their right mind would want to play for this guy. He shows no loyalty toward players, just like in his NFL days.

Todays game is going to be a laugher. The worst loss in history of nebraska football.

At least I am pleased to say this game was close and the huskers nearly won it. Good effort by defense.

I thought the same thing of Dailey til I saw him play QB at UNC. Guy was a horrible QB, just stared down his receiver the whole time (that's why he got benched half way through last year). He was definitly made more for the option where he could run more and pass a lot less.

:yeah

I thought the same thing of Dailey til I saw him play QB at UNC. Guy was a horrible QB, just stared down his receiver the whole time (that's why he got benched half way through last year). He was definitly made more for the option where he could run more and pass a lot less.

Kinda how Sam Keller stares down his guy most of the time????