Should have played Ganz earlier

LAHusker

What in the hell do you have to complain about re: Keller?

Was it the 65% completion rate?

Or the 2 TDs?

Or the almost 300 yards?

Or the ZERO picks?

Ganz should have played earlier? Huh?

None of those, most importantly, it was the loss. Or the fumble, Or the 4 possessions with no points.

You are an idiot. It's all Keller's fault that a 300-lb lineman got into the backfield? And you really think that Ganz would have led us to scoring drives on each freakin' series?

:rollin

Just keep drinking the kool-aid and calling names. I guess moral and statistical victories are ok with you.

If you've read this blog for any period of time, you know I'm no Kool-Aid drinker. Ask Foppa or newearth.

But I'm not unrealistic, and I'm not stupid. Keller was the least of our problems today. I don't see how any rational human being can look at Keller's performance and think he should not have been under center.

If you want to get pissed, get pissed at Cosgrove and his failure to make adjustments with the blitz packages. Or get pissed with the defensive line. Or get pissed that BC's dink-and-dunk passing game doesn't work.

But you are drinking something other than Kool-aid if you think Keller should have been benched.

Your threads really aren't even that interesting to read. With that said, all you can come up with is Coz not making adjustments. Keller and the rest of the offense had 4 possessions and did nothing. Keller should have been benched last week when the game was lost. TO benched Frazier in the 94 game when he was struggling. Well, it doesn't matter now, he'll be on the bench probably from now on. You seem to always want to have the last word, so I await your reply.

Or the 2 TDs?

Or the almost 300 yards?

Or the ZERO picks?

None of those, most importantly, it was the loss. Or the fumble, Or the 4 possessions with no points.

You are an idiot. It's all Keller's fault that a 300-lb lineman got into the backfield? And you really think that Ganz would have led us to scoring drives on each freakin' series?

Just keep drinking the kool-aid and calling names. I guess moral and statistical victories are ok with you.

If you've read this blog for any period of time, you know I'm no Kool-Aid drinker. Ask Foppa or newearth.

But I'm not unrealistic, and I'm not stupid. Keller was the least of our problems today. I don't see how any rational human being can look at Keller's performance and think he should not have been under center.

If you want to get pissed, get pissed at Cosgrove and his failure to make adjustments with the blitz packages. Or get pissed with the defensive line. Or get pissed that BC's dink-and-dunk passing game doesn't work.

But you are drinking something other than Kool-aid if you think Keller should have been benched.

Your threads really aren't even that interesting to read. With that said, all you can come up with is Coz not making adjustments. Keller and the rest of the offense had 4 possessions and did nothing. Keller should have been benched last week when the game was lost. TO benched Frazier in the 94 game when he was struggling. Well, it doesn't matter now, he'll be on the bench probably from now on. You seem to always want to have the last word, so I await your reply.

you couldn't be more wrong, about the player of the game for NU. drop the kool-aid, dude!

Or the 2 TDs?

Or the almost 300 yards?

Or the ZERO picks?

you couldn't be more wrong, about the player of the game for NU. drop the kool-aid, dude!

If I was a kool-aid drinker, I would have said we did an excellent job today.

It isn't Keller's fault that the play calling ran conservative after we got the 17-3 lead. If they hadn't tried so hard to run clock they would have won the game. I agree with playing smart, but you can't start running clock in the early 3rd quarter. They needed to keep trying to score. Too much run up the middle when Keller was playing so well. You saw what happened after we went down. We moved the ball well again. At least it was encouraging.

It isn't Keller's fault that the play calling ran conservative after we got the 17-3 lead. If they hadn't tried so hard to run clock they would have won the game. I agree with playing smart, but you can't start running clock in the early 3rd quarter. They needed to keep trying to score. Too much run up the middle when Keller was playing so well. You saw what happened after we went down. We moved the ball well again. At least it was encouraging.

I agree with you. I think after we stopped playing like we had nothing to lose we got more conservative because we were thinking that we might actually win this game. If we would have stayed consistant in our thinking we may have seen a different outcome. The defense was alot better, but you can't blitz on every play or sooner or later your going to get burned.

FYI, idiotic does not = interesting...

I still can't believe Keller should be benched because he failed lead the team to points on four possessions. If that was the standard coaches kept, about 110 of the 119 starting QBs in college football would be benched.

But since Ganz came in when the team was inside the 30 and got a TD, he should be playing more, right?

What's next?? Are you going to call for Lucky because he didn't run for a TD on every carry?

Or the 2 TDs?

Or the almost 300 yards?

Or the ZERO picks?

Sometimes even when a player plays a great game, 1 or 2 bad plays can overshadow their performance. He should've known where the line of scrimmage was when he threw the ball in the ground.

Yeah, and Tom Brady should be completing every single pass he throws. Give me a break.

This is idiocy...

Appearantly you missed the Oregon State vs California game. The backup qb played great until at the end of the game he ran with it and california had no time outs and they lost. One play cost them the game.

But since Ganz came in when the team was inside the 30 and got a TD, he should be playing more, right?

To be fair when Nebraska got that turnover inside the Texas 40. Keller proceeded to go three and out with only a ten yard difference. Course Callahan didn't help by his play call selection.

No Ganz should not have played earlier.

The 2nd string QB is always the most popular guy on the team. He will get his chance these next few weeks and all the people calling for him to play will start to wonder if maybe Witt, Davis, or Lee should play.

Well maybe not Davis.

For the record even thought it pains me so to say this. I agree with Wash on this one. :bang

Or the 2 TDs?

Or the almost 300 yards?

Or the ZERO picks?

I guess that the Texas players had nothing to do with that.

Ganz really impressed me. After the 1st score in the 2nd half, the offense went cold. I think after one or two series of Keller struggling, they should have put Ganz in. He could have picked up a lot of yards by scrambling whereas Keller just stood there and fumbled. Oh well.

play for next year................. this year is shot, f#*k yes he should have played..................but at least there was some fire .......................

This is monday morning quarterbacking saying we should have played Ganz earlier. I have been saying for some time that we needed to be playing someone else at times that we were already blown out or something to get some experience for that quarterback for next season...didn't ever think that we would lose the starter for the season. That just don't happen at Nebraska very often, usually out o-line does an excellent job of protecting the qb.

I guess now we have no option....we will play a qb that we can use next year to rely on for some experience.

He's good, but he holds onto the ball way too long. And then the grounding penalty, just throw it out of bounds with his armstrength. He didn't have that great of a game. We needed a spark, 4 possessions with no points. TO put Berringer in for Frazier in the NC game to give the offense a spark.

If nothing else, sometimes you play the backup to give the primary qb a rest. That was something I remember both TO and Devaney doing.

As for Keller, I would never wish an injury on any player. I hope he is ok, but I have faith that Ganz will be able to step up if he is not.

:hellloooo

Or the 2 TDs?

Or the almost 300 yards?

Or the ZERO picks?

I guess that the Texas players had nothing to do with that.

When Keller had some problems, and the offense needed a spark, maybe Ganz should have gone in for a down or two. Who knows what might have happened. A rested Keller might not have gotten hurt.

Ganz really impressed me. After the 1st score in the 2nd half, the offense went cold. I think after one or two series of Keller struggling, they should have put Ganz in. He could have picked up a lot of yards by scrambling whereas Keller just stood there and fumbled. Oh well.

When I read the title of the thread, I thought you might have meant that "Joe Ganz should have played earlier", as in several weeks in garbage time.......... because the coaches certainly could have played the back-up QB vs. Mizzou (6-41), Okie St (14-45), and A&M (14-36).

It looks like someone other than Keller will have to play QB now... and only Ganz seems to have any 'real' prep work. Well, even that's only minimal game experience.