Effort

Apathy

I said the Huskers wouldn't get within two touchdowns the rest of this season. The players gave an inspired effort today and I have to eat my words. I know people say we still lost, but, if the team can give this type of effort the rest of the season, win or lose, I am willing to give at least part of the coaching staff a chance (however, they still did rush for over 300 yards on us, so maybe someone needs to go).

Did we do something drastically different this off-season in strength and conditioning? When you have to put 9 in the box all day long to stop the run, something tells me there is something devastatingly wrong with our front four. But it was the best game plan - we just got tired, then got burnt at the end.

Not to burst your bubble, but they did lose a 17-3 lead. How you could think that is going in the right direction is beyond me.

The talent is there and if we had better coaching we would have played much better all season, not just this game, but all season and we wouldn't be satsified with moral victories.

I'm proud of the way the team played and I feel bad for the players, but we should expect to win all the time and not be satisfied that we played hard and came close.

:boxosoap

I'm really upset right now but I'll be over it soon. The players gave it their best shot. But, man, man I am pissed we went conservative after going up 17-3 in the third qtr. We had this game won and the coaching absolutely blew it! We should have kept pouring it on but then we went to the predictable run, run, pass, punt offense and let Texas back in the game. It was so easy to see Texas would go ahead and win. I do not blame Keller at all. Basically after we give up the lead he is all of the sudden supposed to turn into Superman I guess. The playcalling was so predictable in the second half...we tried to sit on the lead and you will never win like that. McCoy is not that good of a QB...we had him down and out...to the point where he goes into the faking injury mode (he does this everytime Texas is about to lose). Why the hell would we let him get back in the game by giving him the ball back and giving him chance after chance?! The defense did the best they could...we got worn out...as expected because we kept giving them the ball and not putting together drives and additional points. I absolutely want coaches in here that know how to finish games. If we had put another TD on the board and gone up 24-3 I think Texas and McCoy melts down and they don't win this game. We let the Horns off the hook!!! :madash:steam:madash

:rant

I agree. Cali went into his shell after the score in the 3rd qtr. We needed to attack, but, I forgot who our head coach is. Just can't beat Texas, man that pisses me off. What is it now, 1-7 since the start of the big 12?

I said the Huskers wouldn't get within two touchdowns the rest of this season. The players gave an inspired effort today and I have to eat my words. I know people say we still lost, but, if the team can give this type of effort the rest of the season, win or lose, I am willing to give at least part of the coaching staff a chance (however, they still did rush for over 300 yards on us, so maybe someone needs to go).

Did we do something drastically different this off-season in strength and conditioning? When you have to put 9 in the box all day long to stop the run, something tells me there is something devastatingly wrong with our front four. But it was the best game plan - we just got tired, then got burnt at the end.

Yeah...I agree that they gave a good effort...and I certainly don't think you were the only one who felt we'd get blown out today. I remember when the fourth quarter was ours...when we had the superior strength and conditioning. I recall reading a thread some time back regarding our off season conditioning and how it's wrong. Don't recall all of the specifics but it boiled down to NOT concentrating on the short 5-10 seconds burst and strength. Does anybody else recall that thread?

That said...I refuse the get excited about a "moral victory". We are Nebraska...and that shouldn't be isn't enough

I'm sorry, but Nebraska is not terrible. They played a great game and lost by 3 points. Granted, they should have won the game, but lets give them some credit. A lot of players played their hearts out.

Congrats, Huskers!

Somebody give me a bucket so I can throw up...this is whats its come down to...good job guys you just had a good effort at losing your fourth game in a row...SHUTUP with the "good effort" sh!t....a loss is a loss especially when its your fourth in a row

Ya know, I'll bet that after the losses to USC and Mizzou and OSU when people said hey, we still had a winning record, you were one of the people saying "It doesn't matter that you've won more than you lost. What matters is how you lose, and we've been beaten badly."

Now we actually come out and play great for 3 quarters, get our blitzes figured out and come within an onside kick recovery of forcing overtime against a ranked team, and it doesn't matter, "a loss is a loss."

No, how you lose does matter. And this was still a much better game than any we've played since Nevada. You can't have it both ways.

It isn't enough, but it's better than anything we've seen for a good long while. On the one hand, this was even worse because I actually started to believe again for a while. But in the long run, I'll gladly take real effort and my team playing like they have a pair over the fiasco we've seen lately.

I'll gladly give the *players* credit for playing a real game and for fighting until the end. Unlike the Huskers of old, they lost again, but just like the old Huskers, they didn't give up.