Effort

Apathy

I'm sorry, but Nebraska is not terrible. They played a great game and lost by 3 points. Granted, they should have won the game, but lets give them some credit. A lot of players played their hearts out.

Congrats, Huskers!

Somebody give me a bucket so I can throw up...this is whats its come down to...good job guys you just had a good effort at losing your fourth game in a row...SHUTUP with the "good effort" sh!t....a loss is a loss especially when its your fourth in a row

WOW, you have issues. The team tried and showed life that wasn't there the last three weeks. I am proud of the effort even if you are not.

Great job guys!!!!

The team went out and played their a$$es off and they deserve congrats.

But, it just shows me how much talent the team has and how its not being utilized well.

The defense played well but is still just terrible. We can't stop the run at all!!

Callahans play calling is a joke. Playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

He needs to go soon.

I just really hope that the team plays like they did today for the rest of the season.

Oh and give some props to Marlon Lucky. He has gotten lost in all of this mess but the guy is a stud and plays hard.

Is this another moral victory? Give me a break! Charles rushed for 290 yards mostly in the second half. 17-3 with the momentum and we blow it. We should have been going balls out to score more points instead of trying to hold the lead. The D was on the field entirely too much in the second half. Texas is still our nemisis.

we were competing at least. That's more than we could say during the last 3 weeks.

We played hard, with emotion. I saw emotion, I saw hard hits...I saw emotion finally.

Exactly, At least we are competeing again....

The talent is there!!!!!!!!!!!!

The coaching just has to change, I have faith that with a coaching change this team has the talent to get back on top ASAP and no rebuilding will be nessecary.

It's perhaps the biggest cliche' in sports, but we are what we are.

-An offence with 3 or 4 big plays per game in its bag, which is not enough to win games week in and week out.

-An offensive system that can't gain more than 2 yards in 3 plays, with no hope of a decent 3rd down conversion rate.

-A defence that can't tackle.

-A defence that consistently is gassed by the middle of the third quarter. No conditioning. Out of shape.

-A team that doesn't shoot itself in the foot. We shoot ourselves in the head.

Sorry to be a pesimist, but I'm finding very little to be happy or positive about. This hurts.

Man, we can never beat Texas. They always pull it out of their a$$. Or in this case, we give them the game. Ganz should have been put in earlier, he looked good for just coming off the sideline.

Are you kidding? Keller was a STUD! And Ganz came off the bench and filled in very admirably too.

I agree though. Texas ALWAYS pulls it out against us. 96. 98. 99. 02. 06. Damnit, how many times have they ruined our season :(

:boxosoap

I'm really upset right now but I'll be over it soon. The players gave it their best shot. But, man, man I am pissed we went conservative after going up 17-3 in the third qtr. We had this game won and the coaching absolutely blew it! We should have kept pouring it on but then we went to the predictable run, run, pass, punt offense and let Texas back in the game. It was so easy to see Texas would go ahead and win. I do not blame Keller at all. Basically after we give up the lead he is all of the sudden supposed to turn into Superman I guess. The playcalling was so predictable in the second half...we tried to sit on the lead and you will never win like that. McCoy is not that good of a QB...we had him down and out...to the point where he goes into the faking injury mode (he does this everytime Texas is about to lose). Why the hell would we let him get back in the game by giving him the ball back and giving him chance after chance?! The defense did the best they could...we got worn out...as expected because we kept giving them the ball and not putting together drives and additional points. I absolutely want coaches in here that know how to finish games. If we had put another TD on the board and gone up 24-3 I think Texas and McCoy melts down and they don't win this game. We let the Horns off the hook!!! :madash:steam:madash

:rant

we were competing at least. That's more than we could say during the last 3 weeks.

We played hard, with emotion. I saw emotion, I saw hard hits...I saw emotion finally.

Exactly, At least we are competeing again....

The talent is there!!!!!!!!!!!!

The coaching just has to change, I have faith that with a coaching change this team has the talent to get back on top ASAP and no rebuilding will be nessecary.

At least the game was exciting to watch, and wasn't over at halftime. We actually had life, and it had me pacing around during the end hoping something good would happen. We almost had a chance to pull it off if it wasnt' for Charles' run where he reversed his field after we had him corralled. That was a great run, the D went all out and had no one on the back side persuit. It was a little bit like the famous Rozier run back in the day.

I said the Huskers wouldn't get within two touchdowns the rest of this season. The players gave an inspired effort today and I have to eat my words. I know people say we still lost, but, if the team can give this type of effort the rest of the season, win or lose, I am willing to give at least part of the coaching staff a chance (however, they still did rush for over 300 yards on us, so maybe someone needs to go).

Did we do something drastically different this off-season in strength and conditioning? When you have to put 9 in the box all day long to stop the run, something tells me there is something devastatingly wrong with our front four. But it was the best game plan - we just got tired, then got burnt at the end.

Anyone who dogs the team for this game is a f'ing jackass. They were not expected to even play with texas and they played a hell of a game. Yeah, they have lost four in a row. Yeah, maybe callahan should go. But they played probably up to their potential this game. Why shoot down positives when there are few and far between!