Effort

Apathy

I'm tempted to say they made a good effort, but with the caveat that they BLEW IT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, WHEN IT MATTERED. Look at Jamaal Charles' rushing statistics and tell me that the defense did a great job. The guy hit three homeruns in the fourth quarter. There were many missed tackles that helped facilitate his near-300 yard rushing day.

This was still a huge improvement over what we've been seeing for the last month and a half, but seriously folks, is this Nebraska football? We have to blitz on every down in order to get ANY pressure on the QB or contain the runs up the middle. The front seven should be able to hold their own on run containment and pass rush without bringing the whole house.

I wouldnt put the 4th qtr entirely on the players. Cosgrove didnt make any adjustments to his defensive scheme..

This team today did not win. Obviously.

They played with spirit and effort. That is more than I can say about the last three weeks.

Moral victories suck. I am simply looking at the fact that this team did not cash it in. They played very hard until the end.

Kellers injury is unfortunate, but I honestly feel and have felt since the Z Taylor era. ( No offense to Zac)

that we need at least some mobility at QB and haven't had a lick.

Ganz could provide a spark to this offense. He certainly was unfazed by the urgent time he came in today.

When you gripe about poor effort, you have to take your hat of to good effort and that is what I am doing.

Offense, defense. Very good effort! Thank you.

I, too, was very pleased with the passion and effort the team put forth today. This is the type of effort that has been lacking.

Did Callahan call plays in the second half? It seems to me that once Nebraska got a good lead, the play calling changed.

I'm tempted to say they made a good effort, but with the caveat that they BLEW IT IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, WHEN IT MATTERED. Look at Jamaal Charles' rushing statistics and tell me that the defense did a great job. The guy hit three homeruns in the fourth quarter. There were many missed tackles that helped facilitate his near-300 yard rushing day.

This was still a huge improvement over what we've been seeing for the last month and a half, but seriously folks, is this Nebraska football? We have to blitz on every down in order to get ANY pressure on the QB or contain the runs up the middle. The front seven should be able to hold their own on run containment and pass rush without bringing the whole house.

I wouldnt put the 4th qtr entirely on the players. Cosgrove didnt make any adjustments to his defensive scheme..

Very true. The Texas coaches knew if they kept running the middle with the all out blitz that they would break through eventually.

Perhaps if the D line could come off of blocks then Cosgrove wouldn't have designed a blitz package for every play of the game. I know it's his job to put his players into position to make plays, but like I said before: we HAVE TO BLITZ in order to get any pressure in the backfield. And what about the missed tackles in the fourth quarter?

Did anybody see that play on third and long where Charles was bottled up on the right side of the field, broke 2 or 3 arm tackles, reversed the field, and picked up 14 yards for a first down?? Cosgrove put his guys in the right spots there, but nobody wrapped up and made the tackle to get the ball back for the offense. If you're going to give it your all for 3 quarters, you might as well make it 4. It's not like they don't practice all year for this sh#t, anyway.

I'm sorry, but Nebraska is not terrible. They played a great game and lost by 3 points. Granted, they should have won the game, but lets give them some credit. A lot of players played their hearts out.

Congrats, Huskers!

Somebody give me a bucket so I can throw up...this is whats its come down to...good job guys you just had a good effort at losing your fourth game in a row...SHUTUP with the "good effort" sh!t....a loss is a loss especially when its your fourth in a row

Some of you guys would bitch about anything. I won't say the coaching is great, but I'm tired of people throwing insults at the players.

:yeah

The kids played hard and with passion. Winning is as much attitude as anything. These kids have to LEARN how to win again.

After Texas' last score, they could have given up. But they did not. You have to give Texas a little credit, too.

Even though today was a loss, its one of the best games the Huskers have played all year..... and against a quality opponent.

quality opponent? these guys got rolled by KSU at home.

Your definition of a quality opponent? Top 20? Top 10? Undefeated? I will say it again...Texas is a quality opponent. They are in the Top 20 with great talent on the team. Yes, they have struggled this year but that by no means makes them a bad team.

:yeah

Semper Fi!

Bitch, complain, and say what you will about us losing today but I was at the game and these kids played their asses off! There was a lot of intensity on the side line. Our players were constantly high fiving each other and Watson was really cheering the offense on. These kids left it all on the field today and I really appreciate that! You could tell that they were really wanting/trying to win today. There was nothing greater then to see 80,000 UT fans pooping in their "britches" for 3 and half quarters wondering if they were going to pull it off or not. I also loved how the Blackshirts (yes they played like BLACKSHIRTS today) were knocking the piss out of McCoy on just about every play. If any of you students see any of the players around campus this week, you walk your ass up to them and say THANK YOU for giving it your all! I am proud to be a Husker fan! :woo

I have wanted to ask you why the "Don't hire BO." I want whoever TO thinks will work.

Because I think he is an unprofessional assjockey, at least my perception after the events of 2003/2004. Also in response to the numerous Bogasms that are dished out on this board.