Effort

Apathy

I think it would be a huge risk to hire Bo as a HC. Although he has proven to be a good DC we have no idea how he would perform running a program. He might turn out to be a success as a HC OR he may be a total failure. The coaching world is full of great OC and DC that were complete flops as a HC. The fact he is 4 years removed from NU and still a DC seems to point to the fact others see something that is scaring him off from hiring him as a HC (even though the media always tells us he is the next great head coaching prospect). As far as I know he hasn't really shown to be a great recruiter, his ability to communicate and handle the media would have me worried. His organizational skills are unknown. Can he put together a staff that can work together and succeed? Some of his antics and reactions when he was here show a lack of maturity. The fact he was on the OU sideline during the 2004 Sugar Bowl while he was still acting HC at NU and drawing a paycheck from NU didn't sit well either.

If he does end up here I will support him like any other coach TO decides on but I would much rather see a young, up and coming coach with a proven track history running a program than taking a risk on such an unknown like Bo.

Honestly, I felt the only reason to let Cally go is if this team shows that it can't recover from the collapse. If he loses the team, then he's gone. But he's pulling through. In principle, I still believe the guy is a good coach who cares a lot about his kids and the players. What did he tell them this week? "Don't play for the coaches, don't play for us, this is about you guys."

I'll reserve judgment for now on Cally and see how the final three games play out. But goshdarnit, we are no longer a collapsing team unless the players take this loss as another straw on the camel's back instead of a sign that things are turning around.

I'd agree. Very solid effort today, the defense just ran out of gas at the end. Hopefully they can build on this.

Glad to see that it is accepted for this defense to now 'run out of gas'. Maybe they do that in the NFL also. God forbid a defense can be conditioned...oh yeah...NFL practices. Never mind.

I'd agree. Very solid effort today, the defense just ran out of gas at the end. Hopefully they can build on this.

Glad to see that it is accepted for this defense to now 'run out of gas'. Maybe they do that in the NFL also. God forbid a defense can be conditioned...oh yeah...NFL practices. Never mind.

Well, who do you want to pile the blame on?

Come on, cheer up. Our Huskers have been beaten like ragdolls are year, they're weathering a storm of criticism and tumult, and then they march down to hostile territory and give the Longhorns a game that's worlds better than what any of us could have hoped for.

If we had just lain down and taken it like everyone was thinking, if we had suffered another route, which could very easily have happened, then we say, "Okay, this team is giving up. This staff is giving up. There is something really wrong with this program."

But we showed FIRE, CHARACTER, and DETERMINATION today, and by 'we' I mean every one of the players and the coaches. They are digging deep and finding it in themselves in spite of everything against them. Yeah, we had a victory torn from our grasp, and yes, I really wanted to win this game. But I can't do anything but applaud this team. They proved everyone wrong today.

No, it is not acceptable, but they played balls out the entire game. I think Texas finally figured out how to handle all the blitzing at the end of the game and that was it.

Well, who do you want to pile the blame on?

Come on, cheer up. Our Huskers have been beaten like ragdolls are year, they're weathering a storm of criticism and tumult, and then they march down to hostile territory and give the Longhorns a game that's worlds better than what any of us could have hoped for.

If we had just lain down and taken it like everyone was thinking, if we had suffered another route, which could very easily have happened, then we say, "Okay, this team is giving up. This staff is giving up. There is something really wrong with this program."

But we showed FIRE, CHARACTER, and DETERMINATION today, and by 'we' I mean every one of the players and the coaches. They are digging deep and finding it in themselves in spite of everything against them. Yeah, we had a victory torn from our grasp, and yes, I really wanted to win this game. But I can't do anything but applaud this team. They proved everyone wrong today.

yes, everyone tried very hard, but in the end, we simply got out coached.......again.

We may very well have been out coached. But we were out manned as well. The defense got tired and Charles lived upt to what every one has said about him. He gets stronger and stronger and does his best runs the last ten of the game.

The defense we ran worked, but once he broke the plain there was no one there to stop him. We could have changed defense, but it was just a matter of time before depth and talent took over.

Give the team and the coaches some credit. Most on here were betting it would not even be close. This is a little light at the end of the tunnel. Could still be the train, but I will hold my breath that we have seen the change in this team.

Reading Zac's comments gives me the feeling we should hold off just a little longer on BC. Coz, well I think it is time.