All this might be good for husker nation

NPhusker

Think about it

If we get Bo Pelini (which i hope we do) or another great coach like P. Johnson, J. Grobe, G. Patterson, etc. we will be better off than if we got one of these guys in 2003 instead of Callahan.

That might sound crazy but first of all when we get back to the top of college football jsut think how much more we will appreciate it now that we had to go through this. People i think started to take for granted the 9 win seasons and now we will appreciate them.

Also i think that we will have a much better all around coaching staff. If we hired Bo Pelini in 2003 he said he was planning on keeping the current staff pretty much intact. Do you guys really want Barney Cotton back as our OC, i dont think so. Also if things work out the way a lot of the rumors are stating we could have Bo Pelini as head coach and Mike Stoops as DC, now that is scary, you think any coach in Big XII is looking forward to facing that D.

The one thing BC did well when he was at NU was recruit, if Pelini comes in next year he will have twice the talent to work with than BC had when he came in. Given none of this talent that BC recruited is showing up on the field, but beleive me it will with a new coach.

So this all could turn out to be a blessing in disguise in some sort of sick, cruel, and twisted way.

Think about it

If we get Bo Pelini (which i hope we do) or another great coach like P. Johnson, J. Grobe, G. Patterson, etc. we will be better off than if we got one of these guys in 2003 instead of Callahan.

That might sound crazy but first of all when we get back to the top of college football jsut think how much more we will appreciate it now that we had to go through this. People i think started to take for granted the 9 win seasons and now we will appreciate them.

Also i think that we will have a much better all around coaching staff. If we hired Bo Pelini in 2003 he said he was planning on keeping the current staff pretty much intact. Do you guys really want Barney Cotton back as our OC, i dont think so. Also if things work out the way a lot of the rumors are stating we could have Bo Pelini as head coach and Mike Stoops as DC, now that is scary, you think any coach in Big XII is looking forward to facing that D.

The one thing BC did well when he was at NU was recruit, if Pelini comes in next year he will have twice the talent to work with than BC had when he came in. Given none of this talent that BC recruited is showing up on the field, but beleive me it will with a new coach.

So this all could turn out to be a blessing in disguise in some sort of sick, cruel, and twisted way.

not only that, but I think people will have more patience for whoever we bring in.

The next coach that is brought in needs to be given some time! We need to keep whoever it is this time because if we go through another 4 seasons and your out of here type of thing we are going to be in big trouble for 10+ years!

This may be true but if we dont see some improvement quickly i think we need to jump ship again. Look at what Oklahoma did, they started going throuhg coaches like Mark Mangino goes through twinkies and they eventually land Bob Stoops who almost immediately won a National Championship

Another example is Urban Meyer, exit Ron Zook bring in Urban Meyer and suddenly Flordia wins a NC.

Given i am not saying that if the next coach doesnt win the NC in 1-2 years we need to get rid of him, but we do need to see results and i think we will with the talent we have.

The next coach that is brought in needs to be given some time! We need to keep whoever it is this time because if we go through another 4 seasons and your out of here type of thing we are going to be in big trouble for 10+ years!

This may be true but if we dont see some improvement quickly i think we need to jump ship again. Look at what Oklahoma did, they started going throuhg coaches like Mark Mangino goes through twinkies and they eventually land Bob Stoops who almost immediately won a National Championship

Another example is Urban Meyer, exit Ron Zook bring in Urban Meyer and suddenly Flordia wins a NC.

Given i am not saying that if the next coach doesnt win the NC in 1-2 years we need to get rid of him, but we do need to see results and i think we will with the talent we have.

WOW that's a dangerous message to send to me. I think every now and again schools get lucky, but I'm not willing to play russian roulette with coaches and just hope we find a good one eventually. I want this next search to be a good one and make sure that the guy is going to fit in well with Nebraska. We need some stability in this program because without it we are going to head down the tubes! I can see and appreciate what you are saying though. ;)

Just a few thoughts:

1) I think this sort of thing is positive in the long run, because it's gut check time for fans. True Husker fans will be there on the other side of this. The people that turned on the players will be the first to bail. We're better without them.

2) Whatever coach we end up with will be an improvement from the current regime. If not, we'll be having this conversation again in a few years. I think NU learned a lot from the last hiring search, and I have faith that we'll end up with a great coach.

Times are tough now, but the future is very exciting for Nebraska Football.

not only that, but I think people will have more patience for whoever we bring in.

Until they start losing. Same old cycle.

I think the majority of fans were very patient with cally. the guy barely has a winning record. you cant expect people to be ok with that. this isnt just any school.........

I agree, even I had patience with Callahan and defended him. Until the team started playing with no fire at all. I don't see BP or any of the other coaches having this issue. The new Coach, and I pray we have a new one, will hopefully be a college coach. You are not a college coach for long if you can't motivate. I think the fans are very loyal until it is obvious the coaches have lost control and confidence in the coaches. Plus I believe the family feeling will be back before long due to TO and hopefully an increase concerning the walk-on program. Ped did alot of damage and we can't foget that and say the fans turned on them for no reason, that is rediculous. There were MANY reasons. The idenity of Nebraska was seriously damaged. Lets get back to the Nebraska we all love. I can deal with loses as long as the division of husker fans and the old nebraska idenity is intact. Pride, Family feeling, Coaches and the atheletic dept working with and for each other and the AD understanding what unites the husker nation is a must.

Absolutely, fxtoy. The losses certainly don't help, but when you talk down to the fan base, lessen the access to the team and facilities (although this was probably SP's doing), and basically severe ties with the successful history of the program, ones bound to not WANT to give the regime a "second" chance. Certainly winning may have cured all, but since that didnt/hasnt happened, BC has nothing else to fall back on.

Until they start losing. Same old cycle.

I think the majority of fans were very patient with cally. the guy barely has a winning record. you cant expect people to be ok with that. this isnt just any school.........

I agree, even I had patience with Callahan and defended him. Until the team started playing with no fire at all. I don't see BP or any of the other coaches having this issue. The new Coach, and I pray we have a new one, will hopefully be a college coach. You are not a college coach for long if you can't motivate. I think the fans are very loyal until it is obvious the coaches have lost control and confidence in the coaches. Plus I believe the family feeling will be back before long due to TO and hopefully an increase concerning the walk-on program. Ped did alot of damage and we can't foget that and say the fans turned on them for no reason, that is rediculous. There were MANY reasons. The idenity of Nebraska was seriously damaged. Lets get back to the Nebraska we all love. I can deal with loses as long as the division of husker fans and the old nebraska idenity is intact. Pride, Family feeling, Coaches and the atheletic dept working with and for each other and the AD understanding what unites the husker nation is a must.

absolutely. I just want progress. I have even tolerated a hiccup if it was small. but 4 years in there is no excuse for us to be THIS BAD. we should never be this bad unless we have a large amount of injuries(and I mean very large) AND we play a insane schedule. neither of those things have happened.

you know if we came out and played great(20+ point wins) these last 3 games and a bowl I would still give cally another year. but that is not happpening