We're not the only ones looking for a new HC

I went over to the Texas A & M message board (have to be a member to even read the board!) and here are some names they are throwing around for their next head coach. Sound familiar:

Mike Ditka

Tommy Tuberville

Bo Pelini

Butch Davis

Gary Kubiak

Will Muschamp

Jim Leavitt

Jeff Tedford

Steve Spurrier

Craig Bohl

Charlie Strong

Bobby Petrino

Cowher?

Art Briles

Their favorites seem to be Butch Davis then Tommy Tuberville. Someone who is an Aggie fan but lives in Lincoln (NE) said that Bo Pelini had been up here last weekend to talk to Tom Osborne so they could take Pelini off their list. This whole thing just cracks me up! It's happening all over the place not just here. They even had a thread on their board that said, 'Will Fran resign tonight?' LOL Too funny! It will be interesting to see how it all plays out both here in NE and at the other universities that are looking for new HC's. It's like a soap opera! "Tune in tomorrow as we await the fate of (insert university name) head coaching positions for the 2008-2009 football season!" ROFLOL!

I went over to the Texas A & M message board (have to be a member to even read the board!) and here are some names they are throwing around for their next head coach. Sound familiar:

Mike Ditka

Tommy Tuberville

Bo Pelini

Butch Davis

Gary Kubiak

Will Muschamp

Jim Leavitt

Jeff Tedford

Steve Spurrier

Craig Bohl

Charlie Strong

Bobby Petrino

Cowher?

Art Briles

Their favorites seem to be Butch Davis then Tommy Tuberville. Someone who is an Aggie fan but lives in Lincoln (NE) said that Bo Pelini had been up here last weekend to talk to Tom Osborne so they could take Pelini off their list. This whole thing just cracks me up! It's happening all over the place not just here. They even had a thread on their board that said, 'Will Fran resign tonight?' LOL Too funny! It will be interesting to see how it all plays out both here in NE and at the other universities that are looking for new HC's. It's like a soap opera! "Tune in tomorrow as we await the fate of (insert university name) head coaching positions for the 2008-2009 football season!" ROFLOL!

It sounds like it may be a good year to be an up and coming coach.

Mike Ditka He's not going there. No need to discuss.

Tommy Tuberville Why would he leave the gig he has now?

Bo Pelini This could happen if we don't have him tied up.

Butch Davis Highly doubt he leaves NC after just one year.

Gary Kubiak Maybe it could happen, I don't know.

Will Muschamp Heard his name a lot. It could happen.

Jim Leavitt He's not leaving the program he built. He's paid over a mill now.

Jeff Tedford If he is looking, I can see him going to A&M well before us.

Steve Spurrier He's not leaving the Gamecocks.

Craig Bohl If there's a God, A&M will hire him!

Charlie Strong

Bobby Petrino I think he tries at least 1 more year in the NFL

Cowher? See Ditka

Art Briles

Everyone that wants someone with HC experience that has built teams should look no further than A&M right now. Franchione has a history of building teams up. He hasn't fared so well at A&M. Give me an up and coming assistant anyday over a HC with experience just leap frogging jobs. We might get a quick fix with one of those, but it won't be a lasting affair.

Tommy Tuberville Why would he leave the gig he has now?

Everyone that wants someone with HC experience that has built teams should look no further than A&M right now. Franchione has a history of building teams up. He hasn't fared so well at A&M. Give me an up and coming assistant anyday over a HC with experience just leap frogging jobs. We might get a quick fix with one of those, but it won't be a lasting affair.

1) How he was a loved coach at A&M..

2) How hard is the SEC

3) How easy is the Big XII

although.. a negative is playing second hand to UT...