Do you think T.O. would come out of retirement for 1 year to coach.

He's not prepared to coach. Having not done it for 10 years, I don't think he'd be able to get up to speed in time. Yes, he was a great coach--but he's just not ready to do it.

And, of course, what recruit would want to come to NU knowing that the coach is only there for 1 year?

No. He'll find a new coach, and possibly mentor him as needed.

That might be the single most insanely, rediculous statement i have ever heard pondered in the entire existence of the universe. What purpose would the serve? One year!!! He would be a lame duck coach, and once agian we would have no way to recruit. Those guys on 590 must really have nothing to talk about.

Yes it is crazy and makes no sense. How would that help the program in any way?!?

I would have to listen to the podcasts to get the exact reasons but it was something about keeping Shawn Watson and building a bridge for the recruits and players so it's not such a shaky change.

why not just promote watson to HC then???? Those guys on 590 are :asshat

Yes it is crazy and makes no sense. How would that help the program in any way?!?

I would have to listen to the podcasts to get the exact reasons but it was something about keeping Shawn Watson and building a bridge for the recruits and players so it's not such a shaky change.

Way to blast the people on 590 without listening to what was said.

Way to blast the people on 590 without listening to what was said.

Yeah, i suppose your right. I am just not a Perrault fan. He should stick to talking about something he knows about........like his beloved Red Sox.