Embarrassing firsts

macroboy

My biggest embarrassment is the COMPLETE collapse of the team THIS year after such a promising ending last year and such a good spring and fall.

I was vacationing in Utah and someone asked me about betting on NU this year. I said, "don't sell them short and always bet that they will beat the spead". BOY WAS I WRONG! :o

I just want to know where people think we had a good spring or fall. Is it because our starters beat the third stringers? Is it because the media continued to over-hype this team: 4 senior linebackers, a qb that put up nearly 400 yards on USC 2 years ago. Or is it because BC's initials should be BS, because that's what he is full of. It just seems that there have always been lies from him. I do wonder what he is telling the recruits we keep getting. "Come here and you'll make the NFL." BC seems to have the gift of the gab, but not the gift on the field.

Get this.

So Nebraska had beaten KU like, 40 years strait.

I went to my first Nebraska game. It was in 2005.. In kansas... The first time NU loses, i was there...

Get this... I didnt go last year... last year we won... I went this year... another embarrassing loss

Am i bad luck or does the team just suck?

Well, going back a little ways . . .

62-36 against Colorado.

That wasn't this coaching staff, although it was embarassing. Going 7-7 under Solich was too.

Here's another: Getting beat by KU last time we went to Manhattan 40- 15 (I think)? We've already got 3-4 and we're not out of Cally's first year.

Thats a terrible thought.

It gets better this year:

Giving up about 500 yards/ game.

Only beating Ball State by 1 point

Giving up 38 points at home to Ok State by half time

Giving up 200+ rushing yards in the 4th quarter to Texas

76 points by Kansas

Offensive play calling has been ...well.....offensive at times.

I think we could go through just about all of the post game shows and press conference and find comments that represent something Nebraska coaches have never done or said before.

Well, going back a little ways . . .

62-36 against Colorado.

That wasn't this coaching staff, although it was embarassing. Going 7-7 under Solich was too.

Here's another: Getting beat by KU last time we went to Manhattan 40- 15 (I think)? We've already got 3-4 and we're not out of Cally's first year.

Thats a terrible thought.

It gets better this year:

Giving up about 500 yards/ game.

Only beating Ball State by 1 point

Giving up 38 points at home to Ok State by half time

Giving up 200+ rushing yards in the 4th quarter to Texas

76 points by Kansas

Offensive play calling has been ...well.....offensive at times.

I think we could go through just about all of the post game shows and press conference and find comments that represent something Nebraska coaches have never done or said before.

That's all to technical for you. :sarcasm

I'm 35. In my lifetime I've never seen anything like this. Thought maybe I'd start a thread to list all of the embarrassing firsts this coaching staff has so graciously given husker nation.

The first is a 5-6 season. I'd never seen a losing season as a Nebraska fan. I wrote it off to new system, old players. Deep down I felt like a better coaching staff could've taken what was a 10 win team and still won the weak Big 12 North that year.

Your turn.

Were 4-6!

If there is anything I think a lot Husker fans and myself might agree upon would be, who said the option offense is dead? We won a NC on running the option, you guys won 3 in the 90's running, how has college football changed so mch in 10 years that you cannot line it up and run the football down people's throat? I hate the West Coast Offense, and I really cannot stand the spread offense.

I agree that the option in a nut shell is not dead but the days of the triple option are over for the most part. Yes there are a FEW teams that still run the triple option but the majority of the successful option teams run the spread option. A very dangerous system that can really create mismatches against Defenses. I am hoping like hell that the next HC/OC that we get has the spread option mentality!

I really feel like as fans ages 25+, we are products of our environment. Some of us, like me, were never around back in the early and mid 60's when we were a bad team. We grew up and even when we were "terrible," we were at least 9-3. As a fan, I really feel like crap when a small contingency of our fan base is just acting like a bunch of spoiled brats. I read this crap about, "boycott games" and all this and I start to wonder if our "best fans in America" label has been tarnished. This season is definately the worst I've seen, and there is no excuse for it. However, when supposed fans stop wearing their gear and refuse association with the team, that pisses me off. Some fans are straight up saying "F*** Nebraska." Come on folks, you can say F*** the coaches all you want but don't dis the team that you grew up on. I hope for two things to come out of this season for us, the fans. Number One: Hopefully all of the fairweather fans will get lost and stop calling up and dissing. There is nothing more to complain about. The game today is just cause for a rehash of everything that we've already bitched about at length. Number Two: As a fan who grew up in the era of 9 win seasons, I hope myself and other fans who grew up post 1965 will have a greater appreciation for the team and the program once we are good again.