Jim Rose

Three words: Pa Vel Ka

If you ask me this guy stunk and a lot of people only think he was good because of the time in history he was calling games. He should never be allowed to call games again because he thought he was "A Big Deal" and wanted crap-loads of money, so unless he has been humbled he can eat a fat one. FYI if you would like to see him in action turn to public access and watch him host the Metro Community College show, it is awesome. :wacko:

Just let Davison and Adrian do the games.

Pavelka sucked something awful. I have no problem with Jim Rose, at least he can describe the action.

Like describing brown algae to a vertabrae. He's good though. :wacko:

I hated hearing Touchdown, Touchdown, Touchdown each and everytime we scored. In a big game it was ok, but when we were up by 40+ points it got annoying in a hurry. However, getting the 1 yard by 1 yard countdown by Rose is just as annoying. I'm not a big fan of either one, but I will say Pavelka was a lot easier to follow. Rose just screws up so much. I've watched games while listening to them on the radio, and it was like it wasn't even the same game.

:yeah

Kent could at least give down and distance before the play. Rose can't.

Rose's describing of the opponent's uniforms is insufferable, as is his incessant referrals to the player's high school. I'll go to my grave knowing Matt Herian is a Pierce High Bluejay.

I wish Nebraska had better towns/nicknames - like Fordyce, AR: The Fordyce Redbugs. How cool is a team of chiggers??? :lol:

They have t-shirts, too. I think I'm a-gonna git me wun.

If you ask me this guy stunk and a lot of people only think he was good because of the time in history he was calling games. He should never be allowed to call games again because he thought he was "A Big Deal" and wanted crap-loads of money, so unless he has been humbled he can eat a fat one. FYI if you would like to see him in action turn to public access and watch him host the Metro Community College show, it is awesome. :wacko:

Just let Davison and Adrian do the games.

Pavelka sucked something awful. I have no problem with Jim Rose, at least he can describe the action.

Like the thread belows shows, it is a dead on assesment of one of Rose's calls...

Everyone else is jumping ship...Mr. "He's to the 24, 25, 28, 30 and finally dragged down behind the line of scrimmage at the 14 for a loss" might as well go too...

Rose sucks... he needs to not come back.

First choice would be Kevin Kugler.

Second would be Pavelka.

Well, I've listened to Rose and Pavelka and they both suck, IMO, but Rose sucks less. I agree, Kugler would be better, I think Matt Davison would be great. If you have the means, listen to Pavelka call Frazier's run that he breaks 8 tackles in the Fiesta Bowl. An absolutely awful play-by-play call that just about sums up his reign.

I like Jim Rose, he reminds me of a poor man's Dennis Miller. I even atended school with him. This is his dream job and I believe he is much better than Swain. I wanted to share something that I heard while I was listening to the pre-game two weeks ago (the Texas A&M), and Jim Rose was discussing the A&M quarterback and he mentioned his running ability was pretty good for a whitie(or a white guy). I did not believe what I heard,(I even asked a few people as I tailgated before the game) until the next day when I was attending a sporting event with my daughter. I asked a buddy if he listened to the pre-game show on Saturday. He said yes, and that he heard something strange and preceeded to tell me the same story I am sharing with you. It was approxiamtely around 9:27 AM. BTW this is my first post and I see all the people who are reading and trying to get a handle on this situation. Just thought others might have heard it to, and if that had anything to do with his unusaul absence.

I like Jim Rose, he reminds me of a poor man's Dennis Miller. I even atended school with him. This is his dream job and I believe he is much better than Swain. I wanted to share something that I heard while I was listening to the pre-game two weeks ago (the Texas A&M), and Jim Rose was discussing the A&M quarterback and he mentioned his running ability was pretty good for a whitie(or a white guy). I did not believe what I heard,(I even asked a few people as I tailgated before the game) until the next day when I was attending a sporting event with my daughter. I asked a buddy if he listened to the pre-game show on Saturday. He said yes, and that he heard something strange and preceeded to tell me the same story I am sharing with you. It was approxiamtely around 9:27 AM. BTW this is my first post and I see all the people who are reading and trying to get a handle on this situation. Just thought others might have heard it to, and if that had anything to do with his unusaul absence.

I heard that too.. I thought it was pretty off-color.

But a disciplinary action from 2 weeks ago? I mean, it should happen, but if that's what it's for, it's kind of strange it didn't happen on Monday after the A&M game.

I think Jim Rose is the least of our worries, guys.

:yeah

I am not worried about Rose. But it looks like now might be a chance to get rid of this buffoon. The timing just happens to coincide with the Callahan debacle. And with Tom at the helm, I am not really worried about the real worries. Thus, I can kick this Rose dog when he's down.

Rosie, you need to limit yourself to baseball and otherwise stay off the radio waves.

:thumbs

I don't know what most of you guys's problems is with Rose...yeah, you can analyze and nitpick, but his broadcasts are just EXCITING and great fun to listen to.

Oh well. I hope he's back. At least, I hope we don't get Sharpe again. Nice guy, commend him for picking up this broadcast for whatever reasons Rose couldn't make it, but I'd rather have Rose calling the plays than the former Voice of the Wildcats.

QUOTE(Foppa @ Nov 3 2007, 10:17 PM)

Everyone else is jumping ship...Mr. "He's to the 24, 25, 28, 30 and finally dragged down behind the line of scrimmage at the 14 for a loss" might as well go too...

Mr. Rose's job is to accuratly paint a picture of what is going on during the game. It's like he's painting by number and most of the time he can't get those correct either. :thumbs