Jim Rose

Has he been officially fired? is he comming back? if not ... why not?

Hey, holmz, good question!

The answer is that nobody knows right now. Pinnacle Sports Network (Rose's employer) hasn't released a statement other than that Rose was replaced for the Kansas game.

It may mean nothing, but PSN's website still lists Rose as their football play-by-play announcer.

Hope that helps.

Pavelka sucked something awful. I have no problem with Jim Rose, at least he can describe the action.

On what planet?? Pavelka knew Nebraska football. With Rose you have no idea what is going on with the game. He calls it as if he's watching tv instead of actually watching the game!! But the thing I dislike the most about Rose's play calling is that you have no idea which team he is representing. Even when Nebraska was losing Pavelka stayed positive and excited. Once Nebraska gets behind Rose starts spouting the greatness of the other team. Then when Nebraska does score Rose calls it in a bored, monotone.

I would like to see Pavelka come back along with Adrian Feala, Matt Davison and Kevin Kugler. Kevin's awfully busy these days though so I don't see him taking that job.

Rose is done - just announced it on KFAB. Let the full house-cleaning begin...

It's important to remember that Rose is not directly connected with the team or its troubles. Pinnacle Sports contracts with the University to broadcast games, and they have control over who they hire to call the games. To us the end product melds the announcer to the team, but they really are unconnected.