Rank Your Potential Candidates

Try reading the post and knowing a little about his history would be a better idea.

While at Nebraska anyone with a pulse he got beat by and badly. Other than the bowl game.

I was talking about his bad mouthing the program and turning kids and families against the program. Trying to create mutiny with the team, which he did.

He is no savior for this program. He would only be here a short period if he did end up here. I do not want him representing the program.

1.Turner Gill

2.Bo Pelini

3.Paul Johnson

I like Bo as HC and Gill as OC. Is Mike Stoops going to be available as DC? If not why not go after Muschamp.

These are the six that I like -- not sure I have a favorite...

Turner Gill

Chris Peterson

Paul Johnson

Bo Pelini

Will Muschamp

Hate to point this out but where they tought me to count that is only 5 names, not six!

Try reading the post and knowing a little about his history would be a better idea.

While at Nebraska anyone with a pulse he got beat by and badly. Other than the bowl game.

I was talking about his bad mouthing the program and turning kids and families against the program. Trying to create mutiny with the team, which he did.

He is no savior for this program. He would only be here a short period if he did end up here. I do not want him representing the program.

Do you even know how to speak English?

And again, look at the #s for his one year at Nebraska - 2nd IN THE NATION in scoring defense, 11th IN THE NATION in total defense.

Research a little before posting, you just come across as ignorant.

Won 10, Lost 3

Big 12: Won 5, Lost 3, second place North Division

Coach Frank Solich (Bo Pelini acting head coach for bowl game)

Date Opponent Site Result AP Rank Att.

NU/Opp

08/30 #Oklahoma State Lincoln W 17- 7 /24 78,058

09/06 Utah State Lincoln W 31- 7 23/ 77,284

09/13 Penn State Lincoln W 18-10 18/ 78,008

09/25 S. Mississippi Hattiesburg W 38-14 15/ 36,125

10/04 Troy State Lincoln W 30- 0 12/ 77,825

10/11 #Missouri Columbia L 24-41 10/ 68,349

10/18 #Texas A&M-HC Lincoln W 48-12 18/ 77,604

10/25 #Iowa State Lincoln W 28- 0 14/ 77,483

11/01 #Texas Austin L 7-31 12/16 83,308

11/08 #Kansas Lawrence W 24- 3 19/ 50,107

11/15 #Kansas State Lincoln L 9-38 18/ 78,014

11/28 #Colorado Boulder W 31-22 25/ 53,434

12/29 *Michigan St. San Antonio W 17- 3 22/ 56,229

Nebraksa Total Defense Rank (by yardage) - #11

Nebraksa Total Offense Rank by points - #83

In the Missouri LOSS the offense had 4 fumbles on the road

In the Texas LOSS we had 173 total yards on offense, 9 punts and an INT on the road

In the KSU LOSS we had 293 total yards, 7 punts, 2 INT's, 2 Fumbles, & we were 4 of 16 on 3rd down.

The OFFENSE should have been taken out back and shot in 2003.

Bo didn't bad mouth the UNIVERSITY he bad mouthed that *(^_#$#@_ Athletic Director that we had. They totally screwed him over, and he wasn't very political about it. The "mutiny he created" was that the players loved him and wanted him to stay.

You seem very Anti-Bo but your facts don't add up.

You'll see a common theme here. I favor coaches who have done better than expected in difficult circumstances and who would excel if given a chance with a program like Nebraska. My top guys do lots with very little talent, and play to the strengths of what they have.

Brian Kelly (Cincinnati) - Excellent coach at a small school. Exciting offense.

Joe Glenn (Wyoming) - Another excellent coach - has done more with no talent at Wyoming than anyone could have hoped.

Paul Johnson (Navy) - A great coach at a school where recruiting is difficult.

Turner Gill (Buffalo) - Young coach with tons of potential - has done a lot at Buffalo, which would be a recruiting nightmare (like recruiting kids to play in Siberia).

Bo Pelini (DC LSU) - A great DC - is he really ready to be a head coach?

Kevin Steele - Great recruiter - Baylor project was a problem

Jim Grobe (Wake Forest) - Unlikely

Jim Leavitt (USF) - Not leaving SF

Gary Patterson (TCU) - Good Texas connections, but would take A/M interview first.

Bobby Petrino (Atlanta Falcons) - Not coming back to college after one rough year.

Greg Schiano (Rutgers) - Waiting for JoPa to die.

I'll be lazy and quote your list fatirish because it looks good to me.

Kelly looks to be a great coach but no NU roots. Probably the best looking younger coach that might consider coming here.

Glenn would have been my pick once frank got the boot. Has done well at all levels. Not as successful at Wyo. but Laramie is probably worse to recruit to than Buffalo. Nebraska roots, integrity. At 58 getting a little long in the tooth.

Johnson would be a great hire. Successful in getting Navy into winning every year. Seems to have integrity and runs a tight ship. Must admit I'm partial to the ground game and Johnson knows how to run the ball. No NU roots. Has good gig with Navy making good $$$. Not sure if he would be interested.

Gill seems to be doing a good job at Buffalo too early to really tell. As about as deeply rooted in NU as possible. Too early for a step up to a major college IMHO. Rather passive in his approach and demeanor. Huge risk.

Bo is about as fiery as you could as for, maybe too much. Has a year here and knows what he would be getting himself into. Not good with the press. Has never run a program so nobody knows what to expect. I have to wonder why 4 years removed from NU he is still a coordinator and not a HC somewhere. Huge risk.

Of all the rest I like Gary Patterson but don't think it is very likely he will end up here but if A&M doesn't take him who knows.

I'm not sure any of the coaches listed above would have an interest in taking over a program a pathetic as NU at this point. Additionally, other programs, some more attractive and with deeper pockets will be looking for a coach after the season. We may not get our first or second choice.

I am jsut curious if all you Bo bashers actually have some evidence or anything to actually back up what you are saying. I have never really heard anything about Pelini creating mutiny among the team when he left.

I heard he talked bad about NU to some recruits when he was at OK but that is totally specualtion no one actually has proof that he said anything bad about NU. Kids decide to go to OK because they actually want a chance to win a NC and suddenly Pelini is telling these kids about all the bad things in Lincoln. I highly doubt Pelini actually took these recruits and started telling them how bad UNL was, the kids probably just wanted to play for a great defense.

Everyone keeps saying how these teams are putting up all these points on his D. If all these bashers would do some research they would know that LSU's offense is leaving the D out to dry with bunches of turnovers, Kentucky scored 16 of there point on 3 possesions in OT, and in OT you start at the 25 yard line. Also LSU has had a bunch of injuries and the play the 9th toughest scheduel in the nation. So the 11th ranked scoring D and 2nd in total defense is pretty good in my book. Ill take BO!!!