Almost Daily on ESPN

anyone just watch the nice little rant by Rome? I've always liked Rome. not always agreed with what he's said.. but i like him and how he puts things.. he could not have hit the nail on the head anymore.. our D did quit.. and cally should resign and forfeit the rest of his paycheck as it is the honorable thing to do..

although it wont happen.. it would be the proper thing on his part... oh well 2 more games.. hopefully a 3rd if we can pull off a couple of upsets.. although the 3rd would probably not have the same HC...

:cheers:cheers:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Jim Rome has again called for Calli to resign, "do the honorable thing resign and leave all that money on the table." This isn't the first time Romie has said those words. Its also a position Steven A. Smith has taken the same position saying on "The Sports Reporters" Sunday that Calli should have been given his walking papers before he left the Kansas field Saturday. Dick Vitale said yesterday on "Mike and Mike" that Calli should be fired and that we should take a look at Skip Holtz. The unfortunate thing for Nebraska is that BC probably won't leave any money behind and its too bad we don't have any recourse. Pederson got his and will probably land on his feet. He extended Calli's contract and in so doing took good care of his boy. Maybe Calli will send SP a couple hundered grand as a way of saying thanks.

You naturally want stability in a program and extending contracts is a way of doing that. Unfortunately coaches never loose. If they get fired they collect, if they decide to leave the new employer buys out their contract for them. A win win situation. It stinks.

Lets just hope TO can find a guy with integrity enough to stay put and produce.

...T_O_B

:cheers :cheers :cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

That's a new one. Since when was quitting honorable? He's made his bed and he's still here. The kids he's recruited deserve better than him packing it in before the season is over. He, like it or not deserves better than calling for his head with two games left. I enjoy Jim as well but I always remind myself that he is an entertainer first, a showman second a reporter third and NEVER, EVER under any circumstances should he be considered a sportscaster.

TO and the fans riding it out with him for two more games says a lot about the program and the fans. Canning him now say a lot as well. Everybody, even BC figures he's gone after the CU game so all this talk about how he should quit or TO should fire him is a lot like kicking a defenseless dog, too old and too tired to bite.

The thing Rome, S.A.S., Dickie V and all the other talking heads have in common is that they're outsiders to Husker Football, and never have and never will be anything more than parasites trying to glom on to what makes sports great. I'm pretty tired of all these talking heads (thats you, Collin Cowherd) who yap about our program as if they know the first thing about it. They don't.

We're born and bred Huskers. It's in the blood of all true fans. These guys? Outsiders. Who needs 'em?

Personally, I couldn't care less what any of these guys has to say about this program. They don't know, they don't get it, and I don't care.

I really didn't like Colin Cowherd's point. Hey, keep kicking us while we are down & thanks for the help recruiting. l

I really don't think that matters when it comes to whether a kid will come here or not. Unless I missed it, I have never heard someone say "You know, I was seriously considering the Huskers until I heard what Colin Cowherd said. Then I dropped em."

The thing Rome, S.A.S., Dickie V and all the other talking heads have in common is that they're outsiders to Husker Football, and never have and never will be anything more than parasites trying to glom on to what makes sports great. I'm pretty tired of all these talking heads (thats you, Collin Cowherd) who yap about our program as if they know the first thing about it. They don't.

We're born and bred Huskers. It's in the blood of all true fans. These guys? Outsiders. Who needs 'em?

Personally, I couldn't care less what any of these guys has to say about this program. They don't know, they don't get it, and I don't care.

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

You are right, these guys don't know jack about Husker Nation, the University and the team but I would like to see BC resign after the Colorado and who knows maybe he already has with the stipulation that it not be made public until after the last game. If this were the case it could go a long way towards making the transition go a lot smother.

...T_O_B

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez