BC asked to resign, told team today

Interesting that there is no reference to exactly who asked him to resign.

Well, who do you think did it??

Not TO - that would only reinforce BC's alleged dislike of the man; and I would not put it past Callahan to go off publicly if TO did ask him to resign since TO keeps saying "after the season".

My gut is an Athletic Dept. person that works for TO so they can play bad cop to TO's good cop.

Or perhaps an university leader that does not work in the Athletic Dept.

Interesting that there is no reference to exactly who asked him to resign.

Well, who do you think did it??

Not TO - that would only reinforce BC's alleged dislike of the man; and I would not put it past Callahan to go off publicly if TO did ask him to resign since TO keeps saying "after the season".

My gut is an Athletic Dept. person that works for TO so they can play bad cop to TO's good cop.

Or perhaps an university leader that does not work in the Athletic Dept.

Well, yeah, that's true...

But he could've asked him to resign after the season is over, too. Callahan would still finish out the year, and TO could still make his changes after the season...

not a good motivational tool. if this is true and he actually did say this to his team, then he must think that he has the complete support of this team. a few players might come out publicly and say they do support him, but it is obvious from the way they have played the past 6-7 weeks that they don't support callahan and have essentially quit on this season.

It couldn't be anyone from the Ath. Dept. because that would mean they would be making an end run on TO. I doubt TO would put anyone up to it, I can't see TO playing those types of games. It must have been by boosters with checkbooks in hand. If so, BC will be losing money to stay the next three weeks. They would have to have offered more than the buyout, to be taken seriously. Patience is apparantly wearing thin with the $$$ types.