BC asked to resign, told team today

Not too surprised on this actually. He probably wanted to address the team before their last home game. Also, this definitely means he and his staff will be doing absolutely zero recruiting during the bye week. He is gone no doubt. Wouldn't be totally surprised to see him reach a deal and leave after K-State but I think he'll likely just go through the motions and be here through end of the year and be gone after CU. Then TO will announce his search publicly. We have to remember that our future coaching targets are now getting into critical last games of their seasons. Heck, LSU is still in the national championship chase so that is going to keep Bo Pelini occupied for awhile. Here is my gues on Bo...if LSU reaches the national championship, he will remain at LSU through that game but potentially be named head coach at Nebraska after the SEC Championship in early December. If LSU does not reach the national championship, look for Bo to be named head coach and likely not coach with LSU in whatever bowl they reach. He would come to NU immediately if this is the scenario.

I'm surprised that none of the players have come out with this news if it turns out to be true. Thats a lot of players to keep quiet.

to be completely honest.. i asked a couple of them tonight if there was any talk with callahan being fired or stepping down.. both just simply said no.. and that he is their coach... these two would be Keith Williams and Phil Dillard.. i'm sure these are two pretty reliable sources since it was posted by channel 3 in omaha.. but the players are still saying (for now) that cally is their coach..

hah.. and Mike McNeill said that the offense is doing great.. its the defense that sucks.. just on a side note..

I'm surprised that none of the players have come out with this news if it turns out to be true. Thats a lot of players to keep quiet.

to be completely honest.. i asked a couple of them tonight if there was any talk with callahan being fired or stepping down.. both just simply said no.. and that he is their coach... these two would be Keith Williams and Phil Dillard.. i'm sure these are two pretty reliable sources since it was posted by channel 3 in omaha.. but the players are still saying (for now) that cally is their coach..

hah.. and Mike McNeill said that the offense is doing great.. its the defense that sucks.. just on a side note..

Defense is part of the game, not BC's specialty but still his responsibility. It isn't like our D had been good before, it just went from meh to crappy. Why was BC content with meh? Why didn't he do anything when we became crappy? If he showed more leadership, at least did a Leach-chewed some ass and canned the DC, he could've saved his job. But when you appear oblivious to coaching shortcomings it is hard to give the benefit of the doubt.

I would say great is a very big overstatement. 0-38 to okie st at half tends to make me think that the defense is not the only problem.

The more i think about it, I think that BC actually believes that his way is the only way to play football and if it is not working it is because it is someone elses fault. His tendency to call assinine plays over and over proves that he outthinks himself and plays right into the other teams hand.

I am fed up with him and most if not all of this staff and am ready to wash my hands of this. At the start of all this I was willing to back the thought of keeping him around, but as more comes out like the way SP changed things up top to the stories now about the walk on program and all the other crap true or not at this point.

I say start over by bringing in someone that will embrace our past and build a future.

I really think BC destroyed himself by trying to distance himself from our history and rewrite Husker football. He was to stubborn to see it wasn't working until we reached where we are now.

The more I think of what has gone on with Callahan, the more I am starting to think there is some thing really mentally wrong with him. Who in their right mind would stay and put up with what he has, for the last 6 weeks. Drawing national disdain from across the nation on radio, TV, news papers. Knowing that every time he walks on the field that the disgust from the Husker fans and the majority of sport fans is focused on him. I think he needs some kind of counselling, I'm serious. This rhetoric he puts out that hes not a quitter and the weird smile he has when talking about the excellent job he is doing, and he actually believes it!!, says some thing about the state of his mental being. I don't hate Bill Callahan, I had truly hoped he was going to be the coach that was going to get the program on top again, and be here a long time. It hasn't worked out and anyone with a little common sense would know this and walk away and look for a different job. IMO

GBR!!!

What Fat Travis :asshat reporting "inside" information as fact? That can't be true. :wacko: Wait his awesome radio station was reporting that Callahan and Coz were resigning on Tuesday. Yet it didn't happen. <_<

Fat Travis is to local sports as Coz is to College Football. Worthless. :madash

Maybe he's taking his reporting tips from the weatherman?