Sam and Joe

T_O_Bull

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Talked with a friend of both Sam Keller and Joe Ganz last night and it seems that Sam's attitude is in the dumper. This young man gave his all and unfortunately it wasn't enough. Too bad we didn't have him for for more than one season. Ganz though seems to be ready to take over the position and lead this team. The old phrase "Every dark cloud has a silver lining." fits our situation as it now stands. Keller's injury gives Ganz the opportunity to get valuable game time experience and let's face it he will not only be under a lot of pressure to first prove he has what it takes to lead the Husker offence but also to somewhat salvage some respect by winning a game or two. Too bad that this had to happen for him to get playing time, we all know HCBC wouldn't have had the foresight to begin preparing for next year by by getting his backup QB some game experience. Callihan obviously knows he won't be back and isn't about to do anything that will help make next year better than this or any other under his administration.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Zach Lee Zach Lee

Zach Lee Zach Lee

Zach Lee Zach Lee

That is your QB next year and the 2 years to follow. there is a high and i mean high percentage chance that whatever coach we hire will install some sort of spread and Zach Lee will be the man.

Open Competition and he will win the job.

I for one thought Joe Ganz played awful on Saturday. He should have thrown 9 picks if the Ks defense could catch. Many of the balls he threw that were caught by our guys were floaters. He has no juice behind the ball.

Zach Lee has the best arm on the team, better than SK's and oh yeah he can RUN

Also, open comptetition and Lucky will still be the starting RB. I cant wait to see what he can do when the offense runs misdirection and gets out side and has lineman that are told "hey, dont stand up and dance with the Def(zone blocking), instead, bury the Mother Fer across from you" It will be awesome and Lucky will be awesome

Zach Lee Zach Lee

Zach Lee Zach Lee

Zach Lee Zach Lee

That is your QB next year and the 2 years to follow. there is a high and i mean high percentage chance that whatever coach we hire will install some sort of spread and Zach Lee will be the man.

Open Competition and he will win the job.

I for one thought Joe Ganz played awful on Saturday. He should have thrown 9 picks if the Ks defense could catch. Many of the balls he threw that were caught by our guys were floaters. He has no juice behind the ball.

Zach Lee has the best arm on the team, better than SK's and oh yeah he can RUN

Also, open comptetition and Lucky will still be the starting RB. I cant wait to see what he can do when the offense runs misdirection and gets out side and has lineman that are told "hey, dont stand up and dance with the Def(zone blocking), instead, bury the Mother Fer across from you" It will be awesome and Lucky will be awesome

Lee has the talent . Was quoted by the coaches as having the strongest arm of any of our qbs. Can flat out run too. Great athlete. If he can grasp a new system. I too believe he will give Ganz one hell of a run for it.

Might be too much talent not to be on the field.

I'll say it again, even if Ganz does have a better spring, as long as Witt or Lee doesn't completely bomb, Ganz will not start next year. I think the new coach will go with youth and build this team for the future, not a one year run. I really believe Ganz will be informed of this and will transfer to a smaller school possibly as early as next semester. Althought it may suck, I think it's the best and smartest way to do it.

I totally agree, except our O-line has been ruined. It will take 3 years just to unlearn the garbage blocking schemes they have been taught. The O-line next year will be worse than it is now. They are just now mastering the art of sucking at blocking and if the coach changes the scheme it will be like starting all over from scratch. Next year is going to be as brutal as this year if not worse. I'm affraid we are stuck in a black hole for another 3 years until our players unlearn the garbage that has been spewed from the current staff.

Good luck to Joe (and I hear Lee is great), but I'm still thinking Witt is going to be the guy. He's a stud. If nothing else, it'll be another interesting spring (which is something we'll need after the season we are enduring now).

Isnt it funny how the 2nd string QB is always the greatest. Ganz was the greatest when SK was starter, now all we can wait for is Zac Lee. LOL. However, I do believe Lee will be our starter next year. Supposedly there is alot of talent there, and if we go to a spread option he will be the obvious front runner. Witt is like a turtle and Ganz is mobile to an extent just not as mobile as Lee. The one bright side for all of the QB's is if we do change the offense, everyone will have an equal chance become the starter. They will all be learning a new system and we will get the guy who is the best.

Yea i was at the KU game and some friends of Sam said he only went with the team so he can get drunk in Lawrence. He said thats all he ever does now is drink

I hope that is not the case. I feel bad for Sam but he still has a legitimate chance at playing or at least suiting up on Sundays. I am rooting for him to be successfull.