Heard from my brother, who is a former Regent...

Pelini??? Heaven help us. I thought that Osborne had some class.

Come on freemason, you are acting like Pacman Jones is the top candidate for the job. Pelini might not be your top choice but its not like we are handing this program over to a criminal. Pelini is a proven winner, motivator and under TO's direction i think he can lead this program to great places.

:tv <-----Pac-man watching TV? At Least Pac-man would make it rain. He'd bring back the thugs TO was recruiting so we could win! Strippers all around!!!

My neighbor is a state senator, and he said the same thing that Callahan's buyout will be roughly around $2.3 and the University has a $2 million limit on Pellini. Bo is willing to leave LSU depending on the conference title game. Most likely, he will not attend it --to jump start recruiting. If we are to attend a bowl game, he might or Watson will coach. Common sense would tell me that we would have to interview a few more candidates or suffer the wrath of Jesse Jackson etc... I think Jesse threatened us last time we searched for a coach. If it is all true and Bo is the next coach (ticking time bomb) I hope we can get Marvin Sanders to come back and be the DC. I think Bo is a great choice for a short term solution. I have reservations about the long term and his temperment. I think we would tire of him in about 4 years. I love his style for an assistant coach, but have a few reservations about him being our HC. He just gives me a weird vibe. The cool thing is our cupboard is not bare. We will be back and in the hunt for the north next year regardless who is coach. Even if BC is allowed to return with new DC.

I think Bo is a great choice for a short term solution. I have reservations about the long term and his temperment. I think we would tire of him in about 4 years. I love his style for an assistant coach, but have a few reservations about him being our HC. He just gives me a weird vibe. The cool thing is our cupboard is not bare. We will be back and in the hunt for the north next year regardless who is coach. Even if BC is allowed to return with new DC.

That is why you have a GREAT ex-coach to guide him his first two or three years.

GO BIG RED

GO TO

GO BO

GO BC (away that is)

I have a friend who is a regent, and when I asked him --- he said that regents wouldn't know any quicker than any of us.

Regents deal with the academic aspect of the colleges and are representative - they have NO PART IN ATHLETIC AFFAIRS....

So shut up with your ridiculous rumor.... :asshat

I have a friend who is a regent, and when I asked him --- he said that regents wouldn't know any quicker than any of us.

Regents deal with the academic aspect of the colleges and are representative - they have NO PART IN ATHLETIC AFFAIRS....

just so you realize... he didn't say his brother is a regent... he said he is a former regent.. and that this source is coming from inside the program.. not from the board of regents itself.. but yet, good try to attempt to shut it down... honestly.. there is no way to disprove this or prove this.. we will have to wait until the end of the year to find out for sure...

Look, this is a rumor forum for a reason. You don't have to accept what he says. I'm as skeptical as anyone. But cool it man, it's not that big a deal.

X

Thank you for your 'disclaimer'. I have no reason to doubt you and appreciate your candid thoughts.

If other posters think an announcement that will be made shortly after the sCUm game, win or lose, then this makes sense to me.

BTW, Bo Pellini would not be my choice for numerous reasons.

Just out of curiosity what are these reasons topeka?

I often am asked my opinion on tough questions and study the topic. I respond that if I was a debate student give me which side do I respond to. You are calling me out on why I posted Bo Pollini would not be my first choice for numerous reasons:

Never has has had head coaching experience at a major coaching level.

What are his creditionals in recruit's living rooms to get a stud to sign on the dotted line?

LSU is highly ranked but the defense is less than stellar (granted it is ranked better than 119th right now).

Calling out Head Coach Bill Snyder at KSU for running up the final score 5 years ago when Bo's defense could not stop the Cats from running up the middle time after time inside the hash marks? He would not endear himself or our program to the 'lets give him a break' fraternity.

His only game as 'Head Coach' at NU was taking someone else's team in a bowl game victory.

Why did he settle for a 'co-defensive' coordinator job at OU after leaving NU? IMHO, to give him a chance at redemption against NU when OU played us and #2 a bigger paycheck than an OC at a smaller program. And then I don't remember he had many any other offers from ANY OTHER SCHOOLS.

Pause:

But, putting on the debate hat, if he is our replacement coach, I'll defend him when attacked by my customers coast to coast. I just need to study his resume and build a defense for him. Nothing comes to mind right now other than his rah rah coaching type.

KSU has a rah rah guy now and I'm not impressed with his record right now.

On the other hand...I could defend if we hired him, I hope.

And sources tell me I should start doing my research. I'm sorry, this paragraph shouldn't get me moved to the 'rumors' link!

Don't forget the possible negative recruiting against NU (P. Dillard claim).

Paranoia about SP ruining his chances at Pitt.

Everyone is assuming he is the frontrunner, but before he is put in charge at NU, TO is going to check into this guys background with a fine-tooth comb. He has to have reservations about Bo going into this. I doubt it means much to TO that people on message boards want BP. Just being realistic. He will have to knock Tom's socks off in an interview to get the job. That's my opinion.

Whoa buddy... settle down and take a mydol. If you would have read my post you would have seen that I said his sources were not Regents, but were from within the program and from friends that still talk to old players.

So shut up with your ridiculous attacks... :asshat

Whoa buddy... settle down and take a mydol. If you would have read my post you would have seen that I said his sources were not Regents, but were from within the program and from friends that still talk to old players.

So shut up with your ridiculous attacks... :asshat

Yeah!!! :yeah

My neighbor is a state senator, and he said the same thing that Callahan's buyout will be roughly around $2.3 and the University has a $2 million limit on Pellini. Bo is willing to leave LSU depending on the conference title game. Most likely, he will not attend it --to jump start recruiting. If we are to attend a bowl game, he might or Watson will coach. Common sense would tell me that we would have to interview a few more candidates or suffer the wrath of Jesse Jackson etc... I think Jesse threatened us last time we searched for a coach. If it is all true and Bo is the next coach (ticking time bomb) I hope we can get Marvin Sanders to come back and be the DC. I think Bo is a great choice for a short term solution. I have reservations about the long term and his temperment. I think we would tire of him in about 4 years. I love his style for an assistant coach, but have a few reservations about him being our HC. He just gives me a weird vibe. The cool thing is our cupboard is not bare. We will be back and in the hunt for the north next year regardless who is coach. Even if BC is allowed to return with new DC.

Screw jesse jackson, al sharpton and all those racist ass', they have never even held a real job in life, they only get paid to screw with the white folks....I have no respect for them, and for damn sure would never take any threat they made seriously. :asshat