What is acceptable as HC at Nebraska

I figured with all this head coaching talk, it would be a good discussion of what YOU THE FAN would accept for a coach at Nebraska? Here's my list of what I would expect a coach to do here to keep the fans patient and consider him successful...

1. competes in ALMOST every game. (May have a blowout everyonce in a while, it happens!)

2. Wins at least 8-9 games a year, 7 or 6 wins can happen but not 3 - 4 years in a row. (Consistency is the key, as it was with TO)

3. Compete for Big 12 north every year. Not necessarily win but be in the conversation at least, or make a shake up by a big win.

4. If having a down year, compete in most the games. It could be because of mediocre players and talent but that's when coaching ability shines and give the players a chance to compete and win when they aren't expected to.

5. Never have players act like they don't care. Demand the best effort of all players at all times and preach that emotion and passion is key to this game (Which it is).

Those are my thoughts, I'd like to here any other stipulations for what you think makes a coach successful.

I figured with all this head coaching talk, it would be a good discussion of what YOU THE FAN would accept for a coach at Nebraska? Here's my list of what I would expect a coach to do here to keep the fans patient and consider him successful...

1. competes in ALMOST every game. (May have a blowout everyonce in a while, it happens!)

2. Wins at least 8-9 games a year, 7 or 6 wins can happen but not 3 - 4 years in a row. (Consistency is the key, as it was with TO)

3. Compete for Big 12 north every year. Not necessarily win but be in the conversation at least, or make a shake up by a big win.

4. If having a down year, compete in most the games. It could be because of mediocre players and talent but that's when coaching ability shines and give the players a chance to compete and win when they aren't expected to.

5. Never have players act like they don't care. Demand the best effort of all players at all times and preach that emotion and passion is key to this game (Which it is).

Those are my thoughts, I'd like to here any other stipulations for what you think makes a coach successful.

6. Takes accountability when he's wrong.

7. Gives credit where credit is due.

8. Has extra large onions.

9. Agrees to everything we say.

9. Agrees to everything we say.

I wish my girlfriend did that too...

I don't think nebraska has a reason to ever get blown out. I expect nebraska to win atleast 9-10 games a year.

That's the biggest thing for me. Consistency. I'm tired of all this defense sucks and offense does ok one week, then the next week offense isn't so good and defense is better. The players show a little bit of passion one week and then zero the next... Or giving up 76 FREAKING POINTS one week... and scoring 73 the next. I think you get the picture...

That's the biggest thing for me. Consistency. I'm tired of all this defense sucks and offense does ok one week, then the next week offense isn't so good and defense is better. The players show a little bit of passion one week and then zero the next... Or giving up 76 FREAKING POINTS one week... and scoring 73 the next. I think you get the picture...

I would like to get more pictures...of Tara Mueller.

I would like to get more pictures...of Tara Mueller.

You stay away! She's mine! :lol:

I guess... if you find any more I'll let you have them.

1. Obviously be able to evaluate and recruit personnel for HIS system, not what Rivals says.

2. Develop, teach fundamentals and motivate

3. Execution on both sides of the ball. Tired of watching the "D" take poor pursuit angles and whiff on open field tackles.

4. Leads by example, hard work, integrity, passion for the game, be responsible for your actions

5. Embrace the Cornhusker Legend

#3 Competing for Big 12 North. This year would have been tough considering KU is #4 and Mizzou is also top 10. I get what you're saying, but this has been a freak year in college football. I mean who would have thought NU would be as bad as they are? Who would have thought ND would only win 1 game this year? Who would have thought South Florida would have at one time been #2 in the country? Very bizarre year to say the least.

#3 Competing for Big 12 North. This year would have been tough considering KU is #4 and Mizzou is also top 10. I get what you're saying, but this has been a freak year in college football. I mean who would have thought NU would be as bad as they are? Who would have thought ND would only win 1 game this year? Who would have thought South Florida would have at one time been #2 in the country? Very bizarre year to say the least.

I agree with what you are saying, but then I said later in #3 to be in the conversation with a big win to shake up the standings possibly. And I'm saying this as a my qualifications that would keep Husker fans happy and content. If not winning it, which I didn't say win it every year, but compete or win a conference game against someone you shouldn't. JMO

I think one thing that we really need to find is a coach that wants to stay. I havent heard anyone say this but not all coachs are going to be like TO. I think if Bo comes here and turns us around he will go to the NFL ASAP. I might be wrong but we need someone who will stay for decades not just years. If you look back all of the power houses had long term coaches, and that holds true today, for the most part.