From Sipple's blog:

02:58:15 pm, Categories: -Football by Steve Sipple

Coaching rumor mill

Just picking up some scuttlebutt from down Texas way.

Feel free to pick it apart.

One Texas writer tells me A&M may be looking toward Jeff Tedford of Cal or perhaps Mike Bellotti of Oregon. Tedford may be feeling a little antsy after six years at the school because the school's administration hasn't delivered on some promises. Bellotti's Ducks are rolling after being picked by The Sporting News to finish sixth in the Pac-10.

Bill Byrne will pay big; he'd probably have to pay big to get Bellotti.

Chris Petersen of Boise State also is being mentioned for the A&M job, along with Bo Pelini (Bo's apparently down the list on the A&M rumor mill).

Also, keep an eye on Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak, an ex-Aggie player and assistant; Texans offensive coordinator/assistant head coach Mike Sherman, a former Aggie o-line coach; and Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville, a former A&M defensive coordinator.

How about this one: Rumblings of Mike Leach perhaps having interest in the probable opening at UCLA. Leach has been at Tech for eight years.

Or this one: Turner Gill to SMU? A Buffalo writer tells me there are such rumblings. By going to SMU, Gill would triple his salary at Buffalo (he's making about $185,000). Of course, don't rule Gill out of the Nebraska situation.

How about this one: Rumblings of Mike Leach perhaps having interest in the probable opening at UCLA. Leach has been at Tech for eight years.

I've heard this rumor from other places as well. Seems he's a west coast guy anyway. And considering his recent fine from the B12, TT may be more than willing to let him go to get him out of their hair

From Sipple's blog:

02:58:15 pm, Categories: -Football by Steve Sipple

Coaching rumor mill

Just picking up some scuttlebutt from down Texas way.

Feel free to pick it apart.

One Texas writer tells me A&M may be looking toward Jeff Tedford of Cal or perhaps Mike Bellotti of Oregon. Tedford may be feeling a little antsy after six years at the school because the school's administration hasn't delivered on some promises. Bellotti's Ducks are rolling after being picked by The Sporting News to finish sixth in the Pac-10.

Bill Byrne will pay big; he'd probably have to pay big to get Bellotti.

Chris Petersen of Boise State also is being mentioned for the A&M job, along with Bo Pelini (Bo's apparently down the list on the A&M rumor mill).

Also, keep an eye on Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak, an ex-Aggie player and assistant; Texans offensive coordinator/assistant head coach Mike Sherman, a former Aggie o-line coach; and Auburn head coach Tommy Tuberville, a former A&M defensive coordinator.

Or this one: Turner Gill to SMU? A Buffalo writer tells me there are such rumblings. By going to SMU, Gill would triple his salary at Buffalo (he's making about $185,000). Of course, don't rule Gill out of the Nebraska situation.

must be a slow news day.

I've heard this rumor from other places as well. Seems he's a west coast guy anyway. And considering his recent fine from the B12, TT may be more than willing to let him go to get him out of their hair

Look at where TT was before he arrived. I don't think that they want him 'out of their hair' because of something as little as that.

I do like the thought of him going to a place like UCLA. I'm betting he'd have a MUCH better chance of producing a title contender there.

My father in law says that Nebraska should go after Belotti with everything we got, nearly every time I talk to him. It's hard to say who would go and who wouldn't, because money talks. I have seen Leach as a possibility at UCLA because he received a law degree from Pepperdine and apparently is a fan of southern California(who isn't?).

No way does Belloti leave Oregon, he has been there for a long time, and would have had chances to leave if he wanted it.

The Mike Leach to UCLA is something I read from a national sports writer(though I cant remember which one). Looks like a good fit to me too.

I dont know why Tedford keeps coming up for some of these jobs, he has never won anything of note, and tends to not live up to expectations at Cal as it is.

junior, which coordinator? The only one with any reputation I am aware of is Venables, and for some reason I doubt he would be the guy

No way does Belloti leave Oregon, he has been there for a long time, and would have had chances to leave if he wanted it.

The Mike Leach to UCLA is something I read from a national sports writer(though I cant remember which one). Looks like a good fit to me too.

I dont know why Tedford keeps coming up for some of these jobs, he has never won anything of note, and tends to not live up to expectations at Cal as it is.

junior, which coordinator? The only one with any reputation I am aware of is Venables, and for some reason I doubt he would be the guy

actually...I am rather suprised his name hasn't surfaced at all during this whole thing...I think rhfuk7 (or something of that matter) brought it up a couple of weeks ago...but I haven't heard his named mentioned in any of the alleged soon to be openings...

Take it for what it's worth, but a news person in Lincoln told my brother there were rumblings that a coordinator within the Big 12 is being bantered about as our next HC.

The only ones that I can think of that would fit that would be Venables and Shawn Watson or maybe Missouri's offensive coordinator(his name is starting to get out there).

Take it for what it's worth, but a news person in Lincoln told my brother there were rumblings that a coordinator within the Big 12 is being bantered about as our next HC.

The only ones that I can think of that would fit that would be Venables and Shawn Watson or maybe Missouri's offensive coordinator(his name is starting to get out there).

we get the oc from missouri and i will hang myself from the 9th street overpass...nothing from missouri touches these huskers except the tigers asses as we kick em.

And I would be willing to bet it's Watson. I've thought about this (and posted it a couple of times) but his being on the sideline, I believe, has nothing to do with Callahan wanting him down there but maybe Osborne wanting to evaluate him and seeing how he interacts with the players and the players responding to him. The timing just seemed odd to me that after Osborne becomes AD, Watson is down on the sidelines. I can't believe Callahan would have volunteered giving up some of the lay calling duties. Watson also gives us some continuity between the coaching staff and players (and recruits). Not saying Watson would make a good HC, but I see him being named HC more than I can see anyone else being named HC.

Yep, you guessed it. It's Venables that's being bantered around right now. I was numb when BC was hired because I didn't think he was the right guy but was willing to give him a chance. If Venebles is hired, I'm afraid I will be numb once again. I just don't have a good or bad feeling for him. He is young, and he's been a part of a very good program and coordinator for a very good coach. However, there is still some lingering doubt in my mind about him especially after the OU fan posted here a while back about how the fans are growing weary of his passing D down there.