Pipeline From The Athletic Dept.

Tom thinks Bo reminds him of Devaney in his early years and they seem to get along well.

Where have I heard that before <_<<_<

Wally,

If this all comes to fruition, you'll have my respect. If not, you get kicked in the ding-ding. Deal?

and it gets taped and posted to form via youtube.

I would like for that rumor to come true but, I keep reading that Tom Rathman is supposedly quite happy living in California and is quite happy coaching in the NFL.

Wife hates LA. This part may still be in discussion.

if the wife hates LA it is a good thing that rathman is coaching in oakland.

Opps. My bad. It was the possible conditioning coach that hates LA. Here is part of what I was told about TR.

"......who is RB coach for Lane Kniffen has been contacted by Bo Pellini......."

Sorry my reporting got mixed up.

Tom thinks Bo reminds him of Devaney in his early years and they seem to get along well.

Where have I heard that before <_<<_<

Wally,

If this all comes to fruition, you'll have my respect. If not, you get kicked in the ding-ding. Deal?

Ha ha ha. My friend thinks this is the true story. This is the only one he has told me so I trust him. Plus, I've known him for over 50 years and he has the contacts.

If this all falls into place it's going to be a fantastic Christmas present for Husker Nation!!!

Thank you Dr. Tom!

Here is a little more:

"Tom is possibly interested in keeping Watson as OC"

This came from Sipples story this morning:

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/2007/1...36658322728.txt

"Pelini said recently that, if he were to become a head coach anywhere, his team would run a spread option offense similar to Florida’s, “only better.” He’s never lacked confidence. Nebraska fans’ demanding expectations wouldn’t rattle him."

And we know Tom really likes Meyer's offense.

It all makes sense.

I would like for that rumor to come true but, I keep reading that Tom Rathman is supposedly quite happy living in California and is quite happy coaching in the NFL.

I am sure she does. TOO BAD HE f'ing COACHES IN OAKLAND.

p.s. I love your Pelini picture avatar.

Here is a little more:

"Pelini said recently that, if he were to become a head coach anywhere, his team would run a spread option offense similar to Florida’s, “only better.” He’s never lacked confidence. Nebraska fans’ demanding expectations wouldn’t rattle him."

It all makes sense.

I'm inclined to be optimistic about your rumors mostly because you don't come on here like that blowhard IBR and try to bait everyone into patting you on the back. Where has the guy been, anyway, since nothing happened about Callahan? Your attitute, on the other hand, seems about accurate for a person who really is in the know. What does it matter to you if people believe you or not? It'll either be confirmed in 8 days, or it won't. IBR's biggest problem was that he cried everytime someone said something to disparage his rumors.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I'm not a strong believer in rumors in general, but it puts my soul at ease to know that it's probable Callahan will be fired and Pelini might be the guy coming in.

X

I am sure she does. TOO BAD HE f'ing COACHES IN OAKLAND.

p.s. I love your Pelini picture avatar.

y'know, DJR, i don't know *what* you're gonna go if pelini becomes nebraska's headcoach.

i don't think the pelini thing is gonna happen, but if it does we may have to commit you.

Tom Osborne has finalized his actual plans: it turns out that they SAVED BOB DEVANEY'S BRAIN!

his brain been installed inside a 9ft robot that looks like Lil' Red and he will now be called the DEVANANATOR 5000 XL. the Devananator will have the same bouncing characteristics of Lil' Red but sound like a cylon when it talks. plus the Devananator will have the ablity to shoot hotdogs and t-shirts into the stands during halftime.

Bob Devaney will have his third national championship...FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!

Just when I think these rumors can't get more ridiculous

This one TOTALLY redeems them!

I for one welcome our new robotic overlord.

............wouldnt the HC take some time to choose his own assistants AFTER he is hired? ...........

The story I've been given is that certain people were agreed to by Bo and Tom. Many of the staff will be Bo's sole choice. Tom thinks Bo reminds him of Devaney in his early years and they seem to get along well. Anyway, they are working together to bring in a staff for Bo. Most of it will be decided after Bo is announced HC.

This isn't just another made up post. The information comes via an old friend with statewide influence and University connections. It could be a bunch of crap but I think my friend is well connected enough that it probably is factual. When the AD was cut lose he got word to me about it well before the press conference announcement.

Sorry, you'll have to wait at least 8 more days before you know for sure.

P.S. Don't judge me by my picture. I'm smarter than I look! :D

Will you still post if this doesn't come true? Not that I don't believe you since I'm sure your smart and all or is it because you have a Master Degree in BS? Either way Tom has a Doctorate so he trumps you IMO

Here is a little more:

It all makes sense.

Alright my fellow Husker Brutha from Anutha Mutha....your rumor (and I'm still going to refer to it as such until further notice) is starting to hold just a wee bit more credence than others that have been posted on here only. Looks like you might be sparing yourself a kick in the ding-ding but just in case, I just got back from the gym and workout the leg muscles just a tad more than usual :clap:thumbs:lol:

Tom Osborne has finalized his actual plans: it turns out that they SAVED BOB DEVANEY'S BRAIN!

his brain been installed inside a 9ft robot that looks like Lil' Red and he will now be called the DEVANANATOR 5000 XL. the Devananator will have the same bouncing characteristics of Lil' Red but sound like a cylon when it talks. plus the Devananator will have the ablity to shoot hotdogs and t-shirts into the stands during halftime.

Bob Devaney will have his third national championship...FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!!!

Cute. I needed the laugh.

:clap:corndance:nutz:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

:rollin:corndance:rollin:corndance:rollin:corndance:rollin:rollin

Does this mean T.O. becomes the offensive cordinator again?

............wouldnt the HC take some time to choose his own assistants AFTER he is hired? ...........

The story I've been given is that certain people were agreed to by Bo and Tom. Many of the staff will be Bo's sole choice. Tom thinks Bo reminds him of Devaney in his early years and they seem to get along well. Anyway, they are working together to bring in a staff for Bo. Most of it will be decided after Bo is announced HC.

This isn't just another made up post. The information comes via an old friend with statewide influence and University connections. It could be a bunch of crap but I think my friend is well connected enough that it probably is factual. When the AD was cut lose he got word to me about it well before the press conference announcement.

Sorry, you'll have to wait at least 8 more days before you know for sure.

P.S. Don't judge me by my picture. I'm smarter than I look! :D

I see what you are saying Wally. My main point was that it struck me odd that a potential head coach would agree to his assistants, without the authority to interview his personal preferences.

As much as I enjoy a good Pelini Circus thread, I will cut you some slack. I think you mean well. ;)