Seven Coaches to Consider

Yes, some critics will argue that Johnson’s run-oriented offense is not balanced enough to work at a school in a major conference.

To those critics, Johnson might tell them that his offense’s formation could just as easily produce a high-powered passing game if it had the right personnel.

“In fact, this could possibly be the best passing offense ever,” Johnson told the Union-Tribune. “Because when you run the option, it limits what (defenses) can do coverage-wise, and you can get all kinds of one-on-one matchups.”

So why does hardly anyone run the triple option?

“I think there’s a couple of reasons: One, I don’t think they understand it,” Johnson said. “I think they see it and hear ‘option’ and think that’s 3 yards and a cloud of dust, which couldn’t be further from the truth.

I'm liking this guy more and more the only problem is that he looks like a plumber.

I have no problem with anyone T.O. names as head coach as long as his intials are no longer BC.

This ain't a beauty contest! :)

I think Johnson could do great things at Nebraska.

I really like the sound of Brian Kelly. :thumbs

:yeah

He seems to be the only one that has a defense and can put up some points on offense. The rest are all defense or all offense. That's the problem we have now.

GBR!!!

If your turned off by Coaches being emotional on the sidelines then he's not your guy. The one game I saw his team play I thought he was Psychotic. Doubt he'll leave a team that he's buildt from the ground up.

Personally, I've really been hoping Bud Foster gets a long look. He's been a DC at a major program for several years, which to me is just as good 1-2 years as an HC at a mid-major. His defense is the backbone of a program that's always in the top 15, even when their offense hasn't been anything special. I wouldn't have any problem if he were hired.

Nice post, but I have a major problem with one of the facts, and a commentary on another...

Incorrect fact: Wake LOST the Orange Bowl last year to Louisville, and went in as the ACC Champion ranked 18th - a situation that someone like Hawaii would love to see this year (like if UConn beats WVU for the Big East Title). The high point of their season was shutting out Bobby Bowden at home for the first time ever. Grobe's team has as many as 20 5th year seniors and 4th year juniors on the two-deep this year, and they didn't even come close to the level of accomplishment they did last year. How do you not dominate with that level of talent?

My opinion: Auburn's defense was good in 2006, but we won the game last year in every category except the scoreboard. That says a lot for Zac and last year's squad, but...

Nice post, but I have a major problem with one of the facts, and a commentary on another...

Incorrect fact: Wake LOST the Orange Bowl last year to Louisville, and went in as the ACC Champion ranked 18th - a situation that someone like Hawaii would love to see this year (like if UConn beats WVU for the Big East Title). The high point of their season was shutting out Bobby Bowden at home for the first time ever. Grobe's team has as many as 20 5th year seniors and 4th year juniors on the two-deep this year, and they didn't even come close to the level of accomplishment they did last year. How do you not dominate with that level of talent?

My opinion: Auburn's defense was good in 2006, but we won the game last year in every category except the scoreboard. That says a lot for Zac and last year's squad, but...

I think you mean "level of experience". Having lots of 4th and 5th year players does not make them talented. And that's kind of the point - Grobe is winning at Wake Forest!!!! WF went to the Orange Bowl. Did you really see that happening? Sure he's not competing for a national title, but what do you think he'd do with the talent at NU?

I guess that's really the question we're asking about all the HC candidates - how do you think he'd do at NU?

He seems to be the only one that has a defense and can put up some points on offense. The rest are all defense or all offense. That's the problem we have now.

GBR!!!

If your turned off by Coaches being emotional on the sidelines then he's not your guy. The one game I saw his team play I thought he was Psychotic. Doubt he'll leave a team that he's buildt from the ground up.

Uhhhhhhhh...... Kelly didn't build Cincitucky's program. Mark Dantonio turned them around and left for Michigan State. Kelly did turn around Central Michigan though.

GBR!!!

Uhhhhhhhh...... Kelly didn't build Cincitucky's program. Mark Dantonio turned them around and left for Michigan State. Kelly did turn around Central Michigan though.

I would rather have a coach that is emotional on the sidelines. :thumbs