On an even field

is the Michigan job better than the LSU gig that Miles already has??

I know the ties that Miles has to Michigan.

Take that away and answer the question. LSU or Michigan????

As Rome said last week, LSU is the better job (given recruiting advantages, etc, etc), but Michigan is the easier job (given you play a bunch of a pretty week bunch of Big 10 teams every year, rather than having to navigate the brutal SEC schedule, thus giving you an easier road to the National Championship game). All of that said, Miles is a Michigan man and that's his dream job. He's even got a "Michigan clause" in his contract. I can't imagine him not taking that job, if it's offered to him.

Les Miles is probably going to take the Michigan job, and it is probably the easier job right now anyway. The Big Ten is one of the weakest conferences right now, just barely ahead of the ACC and Big East (or Little East). So winning at Michigan in the Big 10 would be much easier than winning at LSU in the SEC.

Also eventhough Miles would have more talent to recruit down there in the south than he would up north, LSU has compete with a Urban Meyer at Florida, a Nick Saban at Alabama, Steve Spurrier at South Carolina, Mark Richt at Georgia, and a few other good teams. All these coaches are great recruiters and coaches, so there might not be enough talent to go around.

You always hear how in the SEC the team jsut beat eachother up every week, and how much faster they play in the SEC. So for Miles if he wants a challenge he shuold stay at LSU, but if he wants to win go to Michigan.

Miles has to essentially be cleared by Carr before he his hired and then he must agree to keep the current coaching staff at Michigan. Carr negotiated a 2 year contract deal for his entire coaching staff (this year and next year). Not too mention Miles would have to pay LSU $1.25mil and Michigan may not be interested in paying that money to get him. But stranger things have happened this year.

The coaches can be bought out.

It will cost Michigan a cool four to five million to get Miles there. I don't think they are interested in that and I don't think Miles is interested in the nightmare that are Michigan fans.

He has a good job now that he is succeeding in. The sky is the limit as far as pay. Should end up with NC this year. If he does, that will cost Michigan more if not signed before the game.

I don't think he is going anywhere and if he does, it will not be his smartest move.

Returning to or going to your supposed dream job rarely happnes. Common sense normally wins out. He has it great where he is. His family has been there for awhile. Hard to uproot a family if you do not have to.

As Rome said last week, LSU is the better job (given recruiting advantages, etc, etc), but Michigan is the easier job (given you play a bunch of a pretty week bunch of Big 10 teams every year, rather than having to navigate the brutal SEC schedule, thus giving you an easier road to the National Championship game). All of that said, Miles is a Michigan man and that's his dream job. He's even got a "Michigan clause" in his contract. I can't imagine him not taking that job, if it's offered to him.

Hope he's ready to pay up the $1.5 mil he would have to pay LSU to leave the contract for Michigan!! That is just amazing imo!

The coaches can be bought out.

It will cost Michigan a cool four to five million to get Miles there. I don't think they are interested in that and I don't think Miles is interested in the nightmare that are Michigan fans.

He has a good job now that he is succeeding in. The sky is the limit as far as pay. Should end up with NC this year. If he does, that will cost Michigan more if not signed before the game.

I don't think he is going anywhere and if he does, it will not be his smartest move.

Returning to or going to your supposed dream job rarely happnes. Common sense normally wins out. He has it great where he is. His family has been there for awhile. Hard to uproot a family if you do not have to.

agree. Miles isn't going anywhere for a long time.

Take away the Michigan connections then Les Miles does'nt get offered and he would'nt even think of going to Michigan. When he's already proving he can play for a National Championship where he is and get some of the best recruit in the area why would he leave?

No. LSU is superior.

I agree, LSU is probably the better job but as someone already pointed out, he could coach in the weaker Big 10 conference and win big or stay in the SEC where it's perceived to be the toughest conference right now.

No. LSU is superior.

I agree, LSU is probably the better job but as someone already pointed out, he could coach in the weaker Big 10 conference and win big or stay in the SEC where it's perceived to be the toughest conference right now.

No big ten championship game either to worry about. I heard a caller talking on a radio program yesterday. If you are like KU or MU in a conference with out a title game then your chances of playing and winning an NC is almost 50/50 from where they stand right now, but if you have the championship game, then the odds go to about 1 in 7 or 1 in 8 because it's an extra game, and could look bad on you even if you do win ugly or you could lose to a team that you finished ahead of in the conference. So instead of competing against eachother for the championship, KU and MU are competing against the contenders in the south as well just to get a shot at the NC.

You know, I really wish someone would explain this "Brutal SEC schedule" BS that I keep hearing. This year the SEC went 0-2 against northern BCS teams on the road. That tells me something right there.