The "Hire A new Coach" Scramble Begins

#1 D is #1 D. OU won't be happy until brother Mike is back on the sidelines. Venebles D isn't that great at stopping the pass. I really don't care who the next coach here is as long as they bring a strong D with them. In another thread, I broke down statistically speaking how a championship team typically has a stronger D than offense. Even the old ball coach Spurrier had to bring in Bob Stoops in order to win a NC. You have concerns about Peline. Fine. I have concerns about Paul Johnson and some of the other names floating around here that don't have strong D's.

WAlly,

I have never liked the guy. I met him when he was working for Solich. He was trying to get Frank fired the whole time he was there. He is a friggen snake.

TO is a honest and intelligent man. If he buys Pelini, some one is pulling the strings other than Coach Osborne. Knowing Tom, I just do not think he will lower us to that level.

I have been a suporter of this program for many years, my family for four generations. A lot of the ag property in the southeast came from my grandfather. I want nothing for this program but the best. From what I have seen and know. Pelini is as far from it as we could ever go. Winning is not that important to me. Being respected for our actions and beliefs is far more important than our football team to me.

I have stated that the day Pelini becomes Head Coach of Nebraska I will sever all family ties with Nebraska. That is going against a family that has put hundreds of thousansds of dollrs in this program. But I will do it and I will noit look back for a second. There are things that are far more important to me.

If Miles bolts LSU for Michigan, he would have to pay $1.25 million to leave (per his contract). He went to Michigan & played for Bo Schembechler. It's the only gig (as far as a "dream job") I think he would take over his current place.

Miles going to Michigan isn't a done deal even if Miles decides to go. Apparently Carr will have some input on who the next head coach is and it's rumored there's a rift between Carr and Miles over some stuff Miles said about Carr several years ago.

Detroit Free Press

His defense is giving up lots of yards. Not many points, but giving up 200 plus rushing yards to Ole Miss is questionable to say the least. He has averaged doing that the last four or five games. I know Dorsey is out, but if your whole defense is built around one guy, you are not developing top talent like you should be.

Don't let me sugar coat it. I do not want Bo Peep anywhere near this program. He is not the answer in my mind. He will be far more problems than he could ever do good. He hurt this program when he left and did so for qutie awhile. I do not buy all the hog wash that is being said about him coming here. If TO has done any research on him he will know what happend on his departure and the year afterwards. You can not poison the water and come back later and tell everyone you did not mean it.

You are not hearing a great uproar about him leaving LSU and there were plenty of Oklahoman's that were not concerned about his leaving.

the Oklahomans weren't concerned because he was a co d coordinator,.

They still had Venables. They weren't concerned when Mangino, Leach or Mike Stoops left either.

Actually, Miles contract is a $1.5 million buyout if he goes to Michigan. Its only $750,000 for any other team. He will never leave LSU for any other team and LSU knew this. If you were Michigan, who is the hottest coach out there to pick up the pieces? Bueller, Bueller?

Miles is a Michigan guy and LSU knew when hiring him that he may bolt to Michigan. They knew that Carr was not going to be there very long after.

There are no other coaches that have taken over a team, kept them in the Top 20, and have Michigan ties.

Our program is similar to Michigan in history except that we are now bottom feeders in a possible coaching search. Michigan does not have that problem. Steve Peterson killed us on being were we are now. Michigan, however, can pull a Top 10 coach to guide their team.

I think MIles is just like Meyers.

He will look at the talent and his chances of winning against his hated rival, and stay right where he is. The only chance of him leaving is if LSU can keep an in house coach. So they don't have to replace all their coaches. Would miles take all with hmi? Or would the university have to pay off all the contracts and hire new ones. There is a lot more to it than 1.5 million.

I think MIles is just like Meyers.

He will look at the talent and his chances of winning against his hated rival, and stay right where he is. The only chance of him leaving is if LSU can keep an in house coach. So they don't have to replace all their coaches. Would miles take all with hmi? Or would the university have to pay off all the contracts and hire new ones. There is a lot more to it than 1.5 million.

Good point.

BTW I am right there with you brotha on your thoughts about Pelini.