I can not wait until Friday. If anything, this Friday will likely be the day that these "rumors" are done!

I know I'm dedhoarse here, but it will nice to log onto HB and not see the latest rumor.

Of course I want our beloved Huskers to win, as with every game, but I think a large part of my anticipation is due to my need for closure.

Me today: :ahhhhhhhh

Me Friday night, regardless of the "decision", with closure: :cheers

not quite, me with Callahan staying :angry::wtf

Hunter.....I am sure the Alabama statement wasn't just refering to the 1 year Saban era...Alabama has been a revolving door since the "Bear" retired........ similar to "TO" stepping down..... I have made this comment 100 times.....programs and fans who don't show patience pay the price.... If OU doesn't get lucky with Stoops, they will still be mired in a 18 year drought (10 as it was).....10 is a lot more than 4 (BC)

I have a question for "restored order"......did you pin name come from "order restored" phrase, which came from the bC era.....how quickly the feather turns....

I am telling you, this hire better be great and lucky, because no one in husker nation has patience...... the glory days are over, and anyone who thinks we can jump right back does not have a clue about NCAA sports......not the MLB-NFL....can't buy a new team each year....called "rebuilding".....can only rebuild with time...

Osborne don't meet with the coaches until Saturday, we will not know anything until after he meets with the coaches...so even after the game Friday we are still sitting on pins and needles, unless the coaches use the post-game press conference to announce that they are quitting, which I doubt. We, the public, may not know anything until Monday, if there are any announcements to be made. I can't see them holding the biggest press conference this year on anything but a weekday so that all the right people will be there.

Brace yourselves big red nation for what I am about to say will make some of you very unhappy

After speaking with several former players who have spoken to TO regarding the head coaching position, there will be NO change. I was floored! The players said that osborne believes bill is a man of integrity and loyalty, and that this season was simply a fluke. A fluke? I think TO is a genius like all of husker nation. But r u serious?

And please I dont want to hear any of this "you just made that up crap" this is 100% accurate. I really wish it wasn't but the players i spoke to said that TO believed in second chances and that one poor season should not require a firing. However, they did say that there would be a couple of staff changes, assuming coz is quiting and that the D -line coach would be promoted to coordinator.

WHY!

It sounds very plausible and is a scenario I've said could happen. Just because Osborne is the AD everyone seems to think Oz is going to clean house and Husker Nation's love-fest with Pelini will come to fruition with his hiring.

Brace yourselves big red nation for what I am about to say will make some of you very unhappy

After speaking with several former players who have spoken to TO regarding the head coaching position, there will be NO change. I was floored! The players said that osborne believes bill is a man of integrity and loyalty, and that this season was simply a fluke. A fluke? I think TO is a genius like all of husker nation. But r u serious?

And please I dont want to hear any of this "you just made that up crap" this is 100% accurate. I really wish it wasn't but the players i spoke to said that TO believed in second chances and that one poor season should not require a firing. However, they did say that there would be a couple of staff changes, assuming coz is quiting and that the D -line coach would be promoted to coordinator.

WHY!

It sounds very plausible and is a scenario I've said could happen. Just because Osborne is the AD everyone seems to think Oz is going to clean house and Husker Nation's love-fest with Pelini will come to fruition with his hiring.

could be, could happen, but mostly sounds like bullsh#t to me.

WHY!

lmao..

Thanks for the laugh.

I hate to break it to you, but this isn't going to happen.

WHY!

lmao..

Thanks for the laugh.

Enlighten us then.

WHY!

could be, could happen, but mostly sounds like bullsh#t to me.

Everything in rumorville sounds like bullsh#t to me personally since no one has offered up one iota of proof other than to say their friends, uncles sisters boyfriends cousin twice removed who heard from the cleaning lady who can read Oz' etch-a-sketch said this and that. The fact remains no one other than Osborne himself knows what is going to happen. I don't care who heard what from whatever current player, former player or "bigtime" booster.

Absolutley not

The conversation took place this morning. But i will not give up the identites of the people i spoke with. Let me say this

-I find it funny that people say bill is a snake when we lose games but in the past when we won games people loved him. Now that we lose people tarnish his good name. He may have failed us, but we all know better than this. We should have class and not rip people we've never spoken to

-Callahan will be given 2 more years. Yes, I know. 2 more years, TO didnt say this directly but my sources said that a big 12 championship, not appearace would solidify his position for years to come.

-The players said that they sensed TO did not want Nebraska to become another Alabama funneling coaches in and out and they pointed to the current coach Saban, not getting any different results than Shula despite being paid big bucks.

Sorry man,this just isn't true. FWIW, I know 2 of the current player's on the team (1 a starter the other a top back-up). They have said that Billy C has (not in so many words) told them that he will not be back next year. That he was asked to resign and refused. That he will also not fire Coz or any of the current coaches. :)

WHY!

lmao..

Thanks for the laugh.

How do you know that? It sounds like the most probable scenario to me.

Didn't I just read something in the LJS quoting Todd Peterson as saying Callahan told the players that changes were coming? Maybe someone else can help me out here. Maybe this is throwing fuel on the fire but maybe its not. At this point in time this is all rumors.

This was on Fox Sports' website:

But Callahan has given the players notice that change could be coming, receiver Todd Peterson said.

"Basically, they've just told us that this is a business and it's about putting a product out on the field," Peterson said. "And when you put the product we've put out this year, eventually there are going to be some changes. Whether it will be this year, we don't know. We can't control that.

"They haven't talked about it too much because, obviously, it's not something we really want to hear."

Fox Sports