The worst failure

Syzygyone

You have your opinions and I have mine. Neither of us are going to agree with the other or convince the other their opinion is better. The bottom line is we'll just to wait and see what happens cuz Osborne is the only one who truly knows what will happen after Friday.

As long as we can agree to be friends that's the key. Well, that we can agree to be friends and that I'm right. That's the REAL key. :)

Seriously - I wouldn't have quoted you in my little sig down there if I didn't get a kick out of your posts. You're all right in my book.

You have your opinions and I have mine. Neither of us are going to agree with the other or convince the other their opinion is better. The bottom line is we'll just to wait and see what happens cuz Osborne is the only one who truly knows what will happen after Friday.

As long as we can agree to be friends that's the key. Well, that we can agree to be friends and that I'm right. That's the REAL key. :)

Seriously - I wouldn't have quoted you in my little sig down there if I didn't get a kick out of your posts. You're all right in my book.

:thumbs:thumbs

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

First Pederson and then Callahan. They just never got it. The first time my son and I were able to walk onto the field at Memorial Stadium, see the championship stones along the tunnel walk, and see all the memoribilia in the west stadium is one of our most cherished times together. PUD and Cally just never got it.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

So you're being contrary just to be contrary? It's like saying "Everyone else is on this 2+2=4 bandwagon, so I'm saying it equals five!" Is that it?

It's like you don't know about the traditions of this program, how things were in the 70s, 80s and 90s, or how it was in the 60s when Devaney was building the program. What we are today so little resembles the Huskers of old that when I watch film of old games it literally brings tears to my eyes. Having an innate knowledge of those times, I don't grasp how someone can look at the state of the program as it is today and not see there is dire need for change.

I'm aware of the history and tradition. But I'm also aware of the fact there is nothing that is going to return Nebraska football to the dominance it once knew in years past. We're never going to be a team that resembles the Huskers of old. Just cuz Osborne is the AD doesn't guarantee we're going to start winning again immediately. Robsker hit the nail when he said NU fans have become spoiled after 4 decades of winning and now Husker Nation feels as if it's our right to win games.

Uh what? That makes no sense. Osborne would have fired Callahan first before he began his coaching search.

You can't tell me Osborne is going to fire Callahan and THEN go on a coaching search. Osborne (or his people) has put out feelers, I'm guessing, to judge interest from potential coaches. If the guy Osborne likes and trusts isn't going to be available or he's unable to get him, do you think Osborne is going to fire Callahan anyway and find someone else? Isn't that eerily similar to what Pederson did?

Not even close just look at the records. Osborne has stated that he has not decided so I don't see how he could have been putting out feelers unless you think he's been lying.

Robsker and you have both missed the point about Husker football. It's not about the wins and losses and it never has been, it's how the kids play the game. That's what everyone calling for Callahan to stay is missing in all of this. People focus on Callahan's win/loss record and that's just never, ever what this program has been about.

WOW....... I don’t think I could disagree more. Go ask Dr. Tom What life was like in his early days when he couldn't beat Oklahoma or when he lost 7 bowl games in a row, the days when he couldn't win the big games.

I'm sure his response wouldn't be "Life was great because the kids played with hart and fire."

Don’t you find it somewhat funny that the sellout streak started the same time the winning tradition started?

There is winning the Nebraska way, with honor and respect, but any way you slice it, its still winning not losing.

If the kids had gone out this season and left everything they had on the field and we were still 5-6 everyone would still be calling for BC to be fired. If they were 9-2 or 10-1 we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

Robsker and you have both missed the point about Husker football. It's not about the wins and losses and it never has been, it's how the kids play the game. That's what everyone calling for Callahan to stay is missing in all of this. People focus on Callahan's win/loss record and that's just never, ever what this program has been about.

WOW....... I don’t think I could disagree more. Go ask Dr. Tom What life was like in his early days when he couldn't beat Oklahoma or when he lost 7 bowl games in a row, the days when he couldn't win the big games.

I'm sure his response wouldn't be "Life was great because the kids played with hart and fire."

Don’t you find it somewhat funny that the sellout streak started the same time the winning tradition started?

There is winning the Nebraska way, with honor and respect, but any way you slice it, its still winning not losing.

If the kids had gone out this season and left everything they had on the field and we were still 5-6 everyone would still be calling for BC to be fired. If they were 9-2 or 10-1 we wouldn’t even be having this conversation.

I know I would still be asking for the firing but half of the posters here would be on Callahan side, so in some way your half right.

I don't know about that. We won the Ball State game, but a lot of people were wanting some heads to roll after that game.

You're right. We're both right in ways. The part I underlined is how I should have phrased that.

I agree that we would still be having the "fire BC" conversation in your last paragraph, but the tenor of the conversation would be completely different. And the fact that Callahan has never assimilated into the Husker Culture is still the same. He hasn't, and he hasn't tried.

You're right. We're both right in ways. The part I underlined is how I should have phrased that.

I agree that we would still be having the "fire BC" conversation in your last paragraph, but the tenor of the conversation would be completely different. And the fact that Callahan has never assimilated into the Husker Culture is still the same. He hasn't, and he hasn't tried.

it wasn't import to Ped either, so it wasn't import to his employee, cally........sh#t does run down hill.

it wasn't import to Ped either, so it wasn't import to his employee, cally........sh#t does run down hill.
That doesn't exonerate Callahan, it's just an excuse. I don't recall hearing even one time that Pederson forbade Callahan from reaching out to past parts of the program. Callahan cannot be given a free pass on this point no matter how anyone tries to pin it on Pederson. Not gonna happen.
That doesn't exonerate Callahan, it's just an excuse. I don't recall hearing even one time that Pederson forbade Callahan from reaching out to past parts of the program. Callahan cannot be given a free pass on this point no matter how anyone tries to pin it on Pederson. Not gonna happen.

see my earlier post below:

no, no, no. both Ped and Bill were up to their asses, TOGETHER, in how this program was dismantled......

first day on the job........

Pud: "OK, Bill, this stupid ass walk on program has got to go. We need to spend a lot more time on targeting big name kids from California and the like....i know you can spend your time better recruiting out west"

BC: "yeah, i agree Pud. Who the hell ever heard of an in state walk on program generating better players than we could recruit from the coast, with maybe a few exceptions? i will shrink this way down to a more manageable number so we can spend more time working with my complex playbook too."

Pud: "great. i will get those corny old pictures of ex players removed from the wall too. we need to jazz this place up a bit and get up to speed here. we also don't need any ex players hanging around on the sidelines during games like we used to do here."

BC: "sounds good to me. got to get back to work on my X's and O's..........later."

No, Callahan isn't a Husker. He never tried to become one, and that will help doom him.

If he had tried, I'm sure the Husker Nation would have welcomed him with open arms.

The next coach doesn't have to be a Husker, but he needs to embrace what being one is, and become one.

and i think if he would have done that and leveled with the fans about his shortcomings as a HC with a pledge to make some defensive changes, then sure, people here would have gave him more time.

the most disingenuious thing you can do is to insult a Nebraska fan. maybe not the most well schooled or traveled people in the world, but damn straight about being treated with some dignity and a respect for a tradtion that took 25 years to build and perserve!