That's weird - I have a friend who knows Bill and Valerie and has a daughter that is good friends with Cathryn. Valerie told my friend that Bill is going to take a year off and may do some TV work before he gets back into coaching. She said he had already been contacted by Fox Sports Net and they are talking about having Bill do some studio analysis.

Valerie also said that TO hasn't told Bill anything about who the next head coach will be, but she did say that Bill saw Tom driving off in the direction of Bob Devany's grave - and he had a shovel in his back seat.

:sarcasm

Ha ha, good one.

That's weird - I have a friend who knows Bill and Valerie and has a daughter that is good friends with Cathryn. Valerie told my friend that Bill is going to take a year off and may do some TV work before he gets back into coaching. She said he had already been contacted by Fox Sports Net and they are talking about having Bill do some studio analysis.

Valerie also said that TO hasn't told Bill anything about who the next head coach will be, but she did say that Bill saw Tom driving off in the direction of Bob Devany's grave - and he had a shovel in his back seat.

sounds about right, they have even recycled Parcells old wrinkled ass as an analyst too, funny how they all re emerge right before our very eyes.

Clearly Tom has gone to great lengths to make sure nothing leaks. Even if Callahan knows he's gone, I don't believe he has any clue as to who the next coach will be.

Completely agree. Osborne either hasn't 100% made up his mind, or he has and isn't telling anyone. He's not spilling the beans and then telling the press he really hasn't decided.

I would believe, but don't know for sure, that Callahan is probably getting some pretty strong signals from the "higher-ups" one way or another.

The thing is, one of these rumors will be correct, purely by chance, and someone will proclaim themselves to be the next Jeanne Dixon. If there wasn't the future of Nebraska football at stake, I'd love to see someone who hasn't even been mentioned as the coach, just so everyone will be wrong. Like maybe Cosgrove being elevated to head coach.

You had me until you said you had a friend. :)

:rollin:rollin

The thing is, one of these rumors will be correct, purely by chance, and someone will proclaim themselves to be the next Jeanne Dixon. If there wasn't the future of Nebraska football at stake, I'd love to see someone who hasn't even been mentioned as the coach, just so everyone will be wrong. Like maybe Cosgrove being elevated to head coach.

I would LOVE that. Just for the humor factor. Do you think he would keep Bill Callahan as his offensive coordinator? I sure hope so.

If Turner does get introduced as the next coach, I'm curious to see if the Pelini backers are going to throw a tantrum, or support him.

Tantrum!

(but a small one)

Don't hold your breathe till you turn blue please, I think someone would have to really think hard about giving you CPR!

Nice. :lol:

Mom doesn't have to tie the pork chop around my neck to get the dog to play with me anymore, though. That's progress. :thumbs

I have to confirm this. A friend of a friend confirms that Osborne was seen eating fish at an Italian restaurant. That has got to be a sign that Gill is the next HC. Its also another slap in the face of Pelini, as the restaurant was Pelini's Guest House in Alofi, Niue. When is Nebraska U going to give Pelini a break?

Someone said they were sick of the Rumermill. Well, STOP COMING HERE THEN!

and don't get on me for the caps... I WAS yelling!

I find the rumors hilarious... hey, I'm hard up for a laugh. :)

And IF Turner comes, who could really be against him? I mean, WE LOVE TURNER GILL in NEBRASKA!

even if you are a Pelini fan. :thumbs

I have to confirm this. A friend of a friend confirms that Osborne was seen eating fish at an Italian restaurant. That has got to be a sign that Gill is the next HC. Its also another slap in the face of Pelini, as the restaurant was Pelini's Guest House in Alofi, Niue. When is Nebraska U going to give Pelini a break?

FRAUD!!!! Fish at an Italian restaurant? FRAUD!!! :lol:

FRAUD!!!! Fish at an Italian restaurant? FRAUD!!! :lol:

:rollin