Frost won the heismen?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7469010

"3. 1997 Nebraska Cornhuskers, Ahman Green and Joe Makovicka: Though Heisman-winning quarterback Scott Frost actually had more rushing yards than both Makovicka and back-up tailback Corell Buckhalter, this list is confined to running backs. That said, the tailback-fullback combo in Tom Osborne's 1997 squad was quite a handful. Green carried the ball 278 times for 1,877 yards and scored 22 touchdowns, while Makovicka converted just 105 attempts into 685 yards and nine scores. (Frost rushed for over 1,000 yards and scored 19 touchdowns that year.) This team shared a national championship with Michigan. That carries a lot of weight with me."

Actually, Charles Woodson should give that Heisman to Peyton Manning........ <_<

Wow !!!! You nailed it. I will never forget the look on Mannings' face when Woodson was announced. The Heisman has been a sham for several years and is based on ESPN and the Eastern Press popularity

Actually, Charles Woodson should give that Heisman to Peyton Manning........ <_<

Wow !!!! You nailed it. I will never forget the look on Mannings' face when Woodson was announced. The Heisman has been a sham for several years and is based on ESPN and the Eastern Press popularity

I may be wrong (I was only 13 or so at the time, so who knows how good my memory of that season is), but I think that Woodson did deserve the Heisman. His penchant for game-breaking plays and his excellence at cornerback merited his selection I thought. His team's national title? Not so much. Plus, I might be saying this because I couldn't stand Peyton when he was at UT. Hell, I couldn't stand him with the Colts either. That is, until his landbreaking performance on Saturday Night Live.

Check it out:

Simply Classic

There were far better defensive players before Woodson that should have been the "First" to win the Heisman. That dude won it because ESPN/ABC loved him that is it.

Look at Green's stats from that year and tell me if any other teams RB put up those numbers and helped his team go undefeated that they wouldn't have been at least in New York for the award. If not the winner.

I may be wrong (I was only 13 or so at the time, so who knows how good my memory of that season is), but I think that Woodson did deserve the Heisman. His penchant for game-breaking plays and his excellence at cornerback merited his selection I thought. His team's national title? Not so much. Plus, I might be saying this because I couldn't stand Peyton when he was at UT. Hell, I couldn't stand him with the Colts either. That is, until his landbreaking performance on Saturday Night Live.

Check it out:

Simply Classic

I love that clip!!!! :rollin:rollin:rollin "You "****ing suck!!!"