Next Season Scenarios

OK, thought this might be fun, then again, not sure where the fun starts or stops anymore.

Next season: no argument from anyone, i don't think, next year's schedule should be easier.

Worst dream:

Cally is retained, we go 6-6 or 7-5 and hear the same old coach speak as to why we didn't win more games, even though cally was excellent, AGAIN, in all areas. OMFG!

Best dream:

Cally or the new coach (take your pick now, don't be shy) takes the team to a 10-3 record

(sorry, this is MY best case scenario, your dream may be wetter..oops i mean better than mine) and we get a nice bowl berth and win the game and finish in the top 12 at the end of the season.

Try to keep this one a little lighter now, it could prove entertaining.

Happy Thanksgiving to All ;)

Hunter94

I'll take my best shot, without a lot of thought....

Worst case: finishing with a similar record, getting smoked at home by VT on ABC....if with BC, we here the same ol' song and dance and have to read all the same stuff on this board.... and TO losses credibility by retaining BC...... no bowl... and sell-out streak ends when KU beats NU for the 3rd time in 4 years...

....... finishing with the same scenario with a new coach.....Bo may say things to make the f'n hillbillies and throat-gate look like a Disney movie....or Gill brings in a 75th ranked recruiting class, etc...

Best case: I really can't disagree with Hunter.....10-3 and winning the North, very solid bowl game such as Holiday..... Beating VT soundly in Lincoln, KU in Lincoln, and MU in Lincoln.....Holding Tech's offense somewhere under 35 points and coming out of the OU game without a coaching "remark" or a player assaulting a "rough-neck"..... TO looks like a genius for keeping BC or bringing in the guy who helped this team back into the top 15....... We all buy/or dig out our "order restored" shirts... and finally, yes, we get the crap out of KSU, making Josh Freeman 0-3 vs our Huskers...... and having BC (probably unemployed) text message Josh..."UR stupid"..

Worst case: finishing with a similar record, getting smoked at home by VT on ABC....if with BC, we here the same ol' song and dance and have to read all the same stuff on this board.... and TO losses credibility by retaining BC...... no bowl... and sell-out streak ends when KU beats NU for the 3rd time in 4 years...

....... finishing with the same scenario with a new coach.....Bo may say things to make the f'n hillbillies and throat-gate look like a Disney movie....or Gill brings in a 75th ranked recruiting class, etc...

Best case: I really can't disagree with Hunter.....10-3 and winning the North, very solid bowl game such as Holiday..... Beating VT soundly in Lincoln, KU in Lincoln, and MU in Lincoln.....Holding Tech's offense somewhere under 35 points and coming out of the OU game without a coaching "remark" or a player assaulting a "rough-neck"..... TO looks like a genius for keeping BC or bringing in the guy who helped this team back into the top 15....... We all buy/or dig out our "order restored" shirts... and finally, yes, we get the crap out of KSU, making Josh Freeman 0-3 vs our Huskers...... and having BC (probably unemployed) text message Josh..."UR stupid"..

Worse case: Callahan is retained as coach... we have to suffer another year like this year

Best case: new coach, new attitude and a killer defense....

hanc, i love it.......although only the first post, undoubtedly going to be my favorite! great post, covers lots of bases. :clap

Worst Case Part I: No games on TV next year :blink:

Worst Case Part II: Callahan retained :huh::o:angry::steam:bang

Best Case Part I: Players & fans & recruits & boosters & alumni & former players embrace the new coaching staff and direction of the football team, and begin building unity, character, toughness, sportsmanship, dedication, motivation, and a "nobody can beat us" attitude through hard work.

Best Case Part II: The cornhusker rides the pikle again :nanalama (with GBRS)

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Worst Case:

Cally stays. Takes over as his own DC and puts together a 500 page book of different defensive schemes. The White Team wins the Spring Game.

Best Case:

New defensive minded HC comes on board with the understanding that if all goes well he will move up to AD in 5 years when T.O. calls it a career. Turner Gill comes in as OC with the understanding that he is being groomed as the next HC. Gill uses an updated option attack that averages 400 yds rushing and 200 passing. The new DC is going through a closet just before the spring game and finds a laundry bad full of Black Jerseys, the Black Shirts are reborn and pitch 4 shutouts during the season. We go 10-3 for the season. Win the 1st bowl game in the new Orange Bowl over South Carolina and our good friend "The Ole Ball Coach." I get to go to all the games with the C-Bear, who will be a freshman next year. She makes the Dean's List every semester and gets a scolarship that pays the difference between in-state and out-state tuition.

...T_O_B

Worst Case:

Cally stays. Takes over as his own DC and puts together a 500 page book of different defensive schemes. The White Team wins the Spring Game.

Best Case:

New defensive minded HC comes on board with the understanding that if all goes well he will move up to AD in 5 years when T.O. calls it a career. Turner Gill comes in as OC with the understanding that he is being groomed as the next HC. Gill uses an updated option attack that averages 400 yds rushing and 200 passing. The new DC is going through a closet just before the spring game and finds a laundry bad full of Black Jerseys, the Black Shirts are reborn and pitch 4 shutouts during the season. We go 10-3 for the season. Win the 1st bowl game in the new Orange Bowl over South Carolina and our good friend "The Ole Ball Coach." I get to go to all the games with the C-Bear, who will be a freshman next year. She makes the Dean's List every semester and gets a scolarship that pays the difference between in-state and out-state tuition.

...T_O_B

hey Santa? did you get all that? great post!

Worse case: Callahan is retained as coach... we have to suffer another year like this year

Best case: new coach, new attitude and a killer defense....

:restore:yeah:restore:yeah:restore:yeah:restore:yeah:restore

Worst Case Scenario: Callahan is fired, Osborne hires a guy that isn't ready for the pressure and implodes. The Huskers have the worst season in 55 years and we are even farther away from coming back to the top with no silver lining.

Best Case Scenario: Callahan gets rolling with a favorable schedule early with a reenergized defense and Joey friggin Ganz, knocks off VT in Lincoln and sets up a strong run through the season and another trip to KC where the demons are exercised and we are BCS bound. Osborne is justified in keeping Callahan, Callahan is justified by performing. Alabama situation is avoided.

Let me clarify before I get dogpiled by mouthbreathers. :dumdum :dumdum

Osborne giving Callahan another chance and Callahan being able to turn it around and prove that this year was a fluke by having a huge run next year is the best case scenario for the Nebraska program, its fans and for the sake of continuity. If Callahan is fired and another coach comes in and turns things around, it will be good in the short term, but the long term is still unknown(is the guy going to stick around, can he replicate the feat, is he doing things the right way to get back to the top). If Osborne hires another coach that leads the Big Red to nowhere real fast, he will tarnish his legacy and further solidify the Huskers tailspin into oblivion that he started the day he stepped down.

I'll try real hard to keep this short...

Worst dream:

We keep the whole staff, but they have a flukey season to beat all seasons...Maybe even win the MNC.

Contract extensions for EVERYBODY!!!, then the following 10 years we win no more than 5-7 games.

Best dream:

Buckeye 37 starts to innitiate sex. chuckleshuffle

Worst Case Scenario: Callahan is fired, Osborne hires a guy that isn't ready for the pressure and implodes. The Huskers have the worst season in 55 years and we are even farther away from coming back to the top with no silver lining.

Best Case Scenario: Callahan gets rolling with a favorable schedule early with a reenergized defense and Joey friggin Ganz, knocks off VT in Lincoln and sets up a strong run through the season and another trip to KC where the demons are exercised and we are BCS bound. Osborne is justified in keeping Callahan, Callahan is justified by performing. Alabama situation is avoided.

Osborne giving Callahan another chance and Callahan being able to turn it around and prove that this year was a fluke by having a huge run next year is the best case scenario for the Nebraska program, its fans and for the sake of continuity. If Callahan is fired and another coach comes in and turns things around, it will be good in the short term, but the long term is still unknown(is the guy going to stick around, can he replicate the feat, is he doing things the right way to get back to the top). If Osborne hires another coach that leads the Big Red to nowhere real fast, he will tarnish his legacy and further solidify the Huskers tailspin into oblivion that he started the day he stepped down.

No offense but have you considered that maybe just maybe that last year was the fluke season and 2004, 2005 and 2007 is the norm? Funny how Solich had one real bad year 7-7 but he was a hack but Callahan just having 3 fluke season out of four.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today

Just one mouth breeders opinion :o

No offense but have you considered that maybe just maybe that last year was the fluke season and 2004, 2005 and 2007 is the norm? Funny how Solich had one real bad year 7-7 but he was a hack but Callahan just having 3 fluke season out of four.

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today

Just one mouth breeders opinion :o

Well, 2 successive years of progress built up to this year and then it fell off the chart. Like I said, it may not be apparent to all, but it would be ideal if Callahan gets another shot and then turns it around to keep some sense of continuity to avoid an Alabama-like situation. Nick Saban can't even fix that mess. Some don't believe this, but it could actually get worse for the long term if a bad decision is made. If a good selection is made for a new coach, then it might be moot, but it is unknown at this point.