Not a rumor, but I would like your opinion

Should Cally stay? We all make good points on both sides of the argument, but give him more time. I say NO. He has alienated himself from alot of the fan base. He along with pederson helped bury the tradition in boxes with taking down of the past. His he a good coach, no question great offensive coach. Is he a good coach to be in charge of a program, no he isn't. He lost the support of the fan nation, the campus doesn't really care for him. What is next Danny Nee all over again. Are the players going to walk out on him and quit too? Can we take the chance? I think if he was on better standings with the fan ase and the university as a whole then give the man a chance. Let him pull the Frank card and overhaul his staff, turn over play calling to his assistants and run his team. Motivate him players and teach his coaches.

I just think that Bill needs to do something BIG in the next week to change the perception that people think about him. Warm up to the fans, media, and the university(TO first).

What does everyone else think?

Well in Callahan's defense, the fans never did get behind him, ever. Mostly it was because of Pederson and most fans did not make the distinction between the two. Not Coach's fault.

AND where is it written that the coach MUST be the fans best friend?

I think there were quite a bit of fans that supported him. Including myself. I think most were willing to give Callahan the time... and then the 5 game losing streak happened.

Well in Callahan's defense, the fans never did get behind him, ever. Mostly it was because of Pederson and most fans did not make the distinction between the two. Not Coach's fault.

I think there were quite a bit of fans that supported him. Including myself. I think most were willing to give Callahan the time... and then the 5 game losing streak happened.

I sorta liked him mainly because he wasn't Houston Nutt..But it went downhill fast...I almost said something.

XECFSYOLHFTROZB.20070717144508.jpg

I don't think that Callahan's relationship with the fans is the issue. The issue is the W-L record of the team. If the Huskers were 10-1 now instead of 5-6 more fans would probably be worried about him leaving NU as opposed to staying.

Sure, one can argue that if Callahan had a better relationship with the fans then they would be more tolerant of the woes this season. And some fans want to think that their enmity toward the man is justified for reasons that go beyond the W-L record. I just don't believe it works this way either at Nebraska or in the majority of programs.

Weiss at Notre Dame has been given some breathing space despite his 2-9 record. His safey net is based on strong seasons the last two or so years and not on a love affair between himself and the ND fans. Unfortunately for Callahan, he doesn't have a similar safety net at NU.

I agree Drowning.....I for one really supported him even through 2 losses in a row. Once we hit 5 losses in a row and he wasn't making any changes that's when I said forget it.

If Cally had fired Cos early on then I think he would have and should have been retained. However, he choose personal loyalty over what was good for the school and the team. He made his own decision to put the entire blame of what happened with the defense on his own shoulders. It all starts at the top and when he failed to react and make the changes he assumed full responsibility.

If Cally had fired Cos early on then I think he would have and should have been retained. However, he choose personal loyalty over what was good for the school and the team. He made his own decision to put the entire blame of what happened with the defense on his own shoulders. It all starts at the top and when he failed to react and make the changes he assumed full responsibility.

I agree. When he chose to be stubborn instead of making changes that was the last straw for me. ;)

This is absolutely not true. He was almost a Golden God here during the Spring of 2004 and through the pre-season. But with that loss to Southern Miss where it was obvious he was running the wrong scheme with the personnel he had, yet despite this he stubbornly refused to modify anything, that's when the bloom started falling off the rose. He was OK when we won in Pittsburgh, but then that absolutely ridiculous game against Texas Tech was really the beginning of the end. Follow that up with not one, not two but THREE consecutive years of making the same mistakes, and you have the reason for his demise here at Nebraska.

Make no mistake - we are a welcoming and friendly group, we Husker fans. Bill did this to himself.

:cheers:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Too little, too late.

Too much has been done by Ped/Cal that has been detrimental to the program.

The whole "this is a business, this is our product" mentality that has trickled down to the team is enough reason to say, "Good bye, good luck, don't call, don't write."

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

Happy TG everyone.

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Please don't drink and drive

I sorta liked him mainly because he wasn't Houston Nutt..But it went downhill fast...I almost said something.

XECFSYOLHFTROZB.20070717144508.jpg

OK Husker 37, who is this lovely, young woman? Or is it you?

...T_O_B

:yeah

I am going to take "both" sides of the fence with this one.... I almost started a topic on this.....

I have been on the fence for a long time here.....

Reasons to support BC:

1. I truly think Pud was the main reason people did not want to fully accept BC...they were mad at Pud

2. Most of his players support him....especially after his "initial"year....and his initial year was a change

and we all know how "humans" accept change.

3. He has done great charity work....raising thousands and thousands of $$ for breast cancer.

4. In year 2, he got NU back on tract a little and beat Michigan in Alamo...and order restored rang

throughout husker nation.... His team "played" for him...

5. In year 3, he won the North, and took a juco qb to the Big 12 player of the year....played on New

Years Day.....1st time in awhile.....Once agian.....I don't think playing on Jan. 1 is a failure

6. He still hasn't had a "great" QB in his system for any length at all..both he recruited flamed out.

What would a "stud" do after a red-shirt year and a year of playing time to get the system down.

* don't give me the garbage about "play-book"..... If Taylor can learn it in 2 years....c'mon..

7. In regards to this year.....STRUGGLED big time.....but if I remember this summer's post correctly,

many on this board were very, very worried about the schedule.....read yesterday in Omaha paper

that NU's strength of schedule is #5 in the country.... We knew the possibilities..

- Beat Wake on the road with "guts"

- Lost to then #1 and perennial power USC.....got caught up in hype

- Lost to #2 KU on the road and #4 MU on the road

- Lost to #9 Texas on the road , and actually had a great chance to win

- Absolutely blew "rival" KSU out of the water...

8. Unless you get lucky, with a Stoops, or have a hot-bed like Florida with Meyer..... all the experts think

a coach deserves 4-5 years to get program going.... We did win the North and 2 bowl games, with a

chance at a 3rd... during this "rebuilding" 4-5 period..... short of a NC, I am not real sure what could

have been expected.

Now to the OHTER SIDE OF MY FENCE

Reason to be anti-BC

1. I feel as if he had NO clue about Nebraska when he got here, and is extrememly arrogant.

2. Does not seem to respect TO at all...... I think BC even believes that he is "better" than TO

3. Has led NU to worst losses in history TT and KU....

4. Has not had the guts to fire staff, when obviously it was well warranted.

5. IMO, doesn't use his young talent wisely.....Paul, Culbert, Thenarse.....burned red-shirts for nothing

6. Alienated Husker nation during the past year, with all of his BS

7. Made some extremely "dumb" calls during important games...(but that is the case whenever a play

doesn't work, no matter what coach or team)

8. I think BC is ready to move on .... and escape the rabid, passionate fans on NU..... I actually think he

believed this would be easier than Oakland.....and he had no clue.

I am not looking for arguments or attacks, I am on the fence and just thought I would throw food for thought on the topic...... I am just really trying to root for my team no matter what, support TO, and patiently wait until Sat. - MOn.

BC is not a good HC...he might make a good OC somewhere...but not here. He has let the defense drop to a level that I thought I would never see at Nebraska. He needs to go....I don't want he around anymore to be second guessed like he would if he was even dropped to OC. I like Watson better than I do BC anyway...because of personality more than anything.