Please stay Marlon

HANC

i bet you he stays for a couple reasons....

look at all of the running backs that will enter the draft...

Darren McFadden, maybe Felix Jones, Jamaal Charles, Alan Patrick, Mike Hart, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Jan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, etc. what im getting at is that there are many running backs but lucky doesnt have the numbbers as they do. i think hes just as talented as the rest of the list but he doesnt have the numbers so indeed he WILL STAY!!!!! :hellloooo:thumbs:woo

He won't make it in the NFL anyway.

He is NOT that good.

Yawn!

1000 rushing

700 receiving

That is terrible. :sarcasm

I think he will make it in the NFL --- but as an inside receiver not a RB. He has a shot at the league as a WR. He is not physical enough nor does he follow blocks well enough (or have YAC) to go as a RB. But his hands are good, speed and quickness are there (in the open field) and he can catch --- and as an inside receiver, his degree of physicalness will be sufficient.

I expect he will leave after this year.

Watch where he goes in the draft, if he gets drafted.

Where you get drafted means crap. Ask Terrell Davis. Ask Larry Phillips how getting drafted high worked for him. Marlon will get drafted and will make a NFL team. Crap Buckhalter has lasted how long in the league and Lucky is better right now then Buckhalter was it this point in his College career.

Darren McFadden, maybe Felix Jones, Jamaal Charles, Alan Patrick, Mike Hart, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Jan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, etc. what im getting at is that there are many running backs but lucky doesnt have the numbbers as they do. i think hes just as talented as the rest of the list but he doesnt have the numbers so indeed he WILL STAY!!!!! :hellloooo:thumbs:woo

These names are the reasons why B-Jax left last year if my memory serves me right. I hope he comes back....I really hope we stay with the passing type offense. Not necessarily the WCO, but the spread would be nice since we have the athletes NOW to run that. If the new coach brings in a running game, we don't have the types IMO.

Great Post.

It looks like a very deep draft class this year. I would think that is best reason for lucky to return next year.

I am NOT CALLING TO KEEP BC.......but, do you think that he really wants to stay and "learn" another system for 1 year, and risk injury....

He flourished in this system with the short passing game....a new coach with a running philosophy will probably only hurt his stock..... remember, it takes 4 years to get the kids to run "your" system....this line can't "Run" block very well...... his stock drops if he doesn't catch as many passes next year....... He can't be a "Feature" RB in the NFL who pounds the ball 20-25 times..

If BC is gone, my bet is Lucky is gone..

Agreed. He would be nuts to endure a senior season of the turmoil associated with a new staff. Get ready for four more years of "rebuilding" and a subsequent coach firing.

Good bye, Charmin Lucky. If Marlon makes an NFL team, he will be a 3rd down back at best.

Dead wrong. Lucky will be very successful in the NFL. He's durable, has great hands, good speed, and he's smart. He'll do just fine.

mark my words --- they will move him to a receiver position in the NFL. He will not be a RB. Or, as has been intimated above, he'll be a third back whose job it is to catch short passes.

Good bye, Charmin Lucky. If Marlon makes an NFL team, he will be a 3rd down back at best.

Dead wrong. Lucky will be very successful in the NFL. He's durable, has great hands, good speed, and he's smart. He'll do just fine.

mark my words --- they will move him to a receiver position in the NFL. He will not be a RB. Or, as has been intimated above, he'll be a third back whose job it is to catch short passes.

Brian Westbrook. :woo

One who pretty much never breaks a tackle, falls down at first contact.

Rushing for 1000 yards and has over 700 receiving yards. Other then that he always fell down on first contact. :wacko:

The guy had over 1700 freaking yards of total offense. What other NU back that had that many yards got put down as much as this guy? I'll give you a hint no of them. Some people will never be happy unless the RB is catching pitches on the option.