Just got back from Boulder and....

hskrdedhed

Just wanted to add my experience as well. Sat in Section 204 in folsom, several groups of Husker fans around us. A group of six showed up as game time approached mostly drunk but having a great ol time. As the game started they got a bit rowdy and started using profanity. I saw that some other people had brought their kids. Probably about 7-10 year olds. Any way. I decided to talk to the Husker fan's so I went up to the one swearing and told him that I'm glad they made the trip to support their team, and I hope they yelled as loud as they could, but please remember there are kids in the area. To their credit they apologized and quit using swear words for the rest of the game. We all got along great after that, they cheering loudly in the first half and us loudly in the second half. As the game was over we all talked about what an entertaining but darn cold game it was. As they left we wished them well and a safe trip and they returned the gesture. During the entire game, I witnessed none of the aforementioned poor behavior of CU fans, with the exception of a few snowballs out of the student section with quick action by the event staff to eject them. Even the cheer previously mentioned was exagerated. The cheer was clearly audible in my sections as rough em up, buff em up go CU! Not the previously mentioned "entire stadium" chanting otherwise. I'm certain that portions of the stadium may have indeed inserted their own choice words but NOT the entire stadium.

BIGREDIOWAN hit it on the head in one of his/her previous posts. WE ALL HAVE OUR SHARE OF LOSERS!

CU and NU alike.

The author of this thread likes to characterize CU fan's as hippies and drug users. Puhleeez! Hippies and dope heads don't even like football! They'd rather meditate and smoke pot! You might see em in Boulder, but you never see em at a game! So to try and use that argument is completely ridiculous.

Now I actually came on the forum today to congratulate you all for starting your coaching change and to tell you that the Big Twelve North needs the Huskers to return to form. As one CU fan I wish you all well in that regard.

BIGREDIOWAN your welcome at my tailgate anytime! :thumbs

What r u doing over on a Husker website anyway? Why dont u go back to the sCUm boards where u belong? BTW, I was just expressing my personal opinion, but really, I wish u guys the best of luck going 10-0. Don't see it happening though

Something tells me they'll have a 10 win season before we do.

Really? What tells you that? Colorado is too inconsistent to muster a 10-win season, IMO. Not that we havent been inconsistent, but whoever TO hires will be top notch & we will play more consistent football in the future

Well, we'll see. But I think CU has good athletes at many position and I expect Hawkins to turn out to be a decent coach. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it. And If I'm right , our next coach will be 2 years behind him in establishing a program.

Declaring that we will play more consistent football inthe future is an assumption. NU's next coach could fall flat on his face for all you know. CU looks like their staring to position themselves a little bit right now. We'll see what happens next year.

At any rate, CU having a 10 win year before us doesnt mean it'll happen next year. Just before we have one.. Keep in mind our guys will likely be learning another new system next year, so it's square one. I see NU as a 7-5 or 8-4 team for the next several years unless there's a run of extremely good luck

Just wanted to add my experience as well. Sat in Section 204 in folsom, several groups of Husker fans around us. A group of six showed up as game time approached mostly drunk but having a great ol time. As the game started they got a bit rowdy and started using profanity. I saw that some other people had brought their kids. Probably about 7-10 year olds. Any way. I decided to talk to the Husker fan's so I went up to the one swearing and told him that I'm glad they made the trip to support their team, and I hope they yelled as loud as they could, but please remember there are kids in the area. To their credit they apologized and quit using swear words for the rest of the game. We all got along great after that, they cheering loudly in the first half and us loudly in the second half. As the game was over we all talked about what an entertaining but darn cold game it was. As they left we wished them well and a safe trip and they returned the gesture. During the entire game, I witnessed none of the aforementioned poor behavior of CU fans, with the exception of a few snowballs out of the student section with quick action by the event staff to eject them. Even the cheer previously mentioned was exagerated. The cheer was clearly audible in my sections as rough em up, buff em up go CU! Not the previously mentioned "entire stadium" chanting otherwise. I'm certain that portions of the stadium may have indeed inserted their own choice words but NOT the entire stadium.

BIGREDIOWAN hit it on the head in one of his/her previous posts. WE ALL HAVE OUR SHARE OF LOSERS!

CU and NU alike.

The author of this thread likes to characterize CU fan's as hippies and drug users. Puhleeez! Hippies and dope heads don't even like football! They'd rather meditate and smoke pot! You might see em in Boulder, but you never see em at a game! So to try and use that argument is completely ridiculous.

Now I actually came on the forum today to congratulate you all for starting your coaching change and to tell you that the Big Twelve North needs the Huskers to return to form. As one CU fan I wish you all well in that regard.

BIGREDIOWAN your welcome at my tailgate anytime! :thumbs

When did I say anything about drug using or hippies? One of your fellow CU cohorts brought that into this thread. The ones causing the problems are drunken frat boys , not pot smoking hippies. The hippies would just want to look at the pretty colors and hug each other.

Just heard from my friend who was also at the CU game and he also had a very bad experience. He was in section 202 with his wife who is 7 months pregnant. Behind them were a group on students both male and female. From what he said , they were spitting on he and his wife throughout the entire game , and the girls asked his wife what it was like knowing that her baby is going to be born retarded because they are Husker fans. He says he will never go back to a CU game in Boulder again. How do the parents of these CU students raise them? I just cant even believe it!

I've stayed out of the fray of this thread for this long because I don’t know anyone who went to Boulder this year, so I only had this to add…

From what I saw on TV and read about (or rather, didn’t read about) in the papers, this seems to have been a pretty decent game for visiting Huskers. For all the stories we’re hearing, none of them are too much worse than what I’ve heard from people in other stadiums around the country. So while some of these comments aren’t good, they’re more “normal” than in years past – that’s what I’m seeing.

The one specific thing I saw during the game was this: After the game, lots and lots of fans flooded the field. There was a big swirl of Huskers, Buffs, and Colorado fans all over the field. Despite this, it seemed amicable, and I have yet to hear of anyone mouthing off to a Husker player, or of any kind of altercation. Everyone seemed to be getting along well, with several handshakes/hugs between Huskers and Buffs.

I think this may start to be a rivalry if we can keep stuff like this going. Hawkins threw the glove down to his fans before the game, and for the most part it seems like they responded admirably.

Let’s show them a great time here in Lincoln next year. :thumbs

Just heard from my friend who was also at the CU game and he also had a very bad experience. He was in section 202 with his wife who is 7 months pregnant. Behind them were a group on students both male and female. From what he said , they were spitting on he and his wife throughout the entire game , and the girls asked his wife what it was like knowing that her baby is going to be born retarded because they are Husker fans. He says he will never go back to a CU game in Boulder again. How do the parents of these CU students raise them? I just cant even believe it!

Honestly man, I don't know what CU grad stole your job or your wife, but it's time to move on. The game happened almost 4 days ago now, you can let it go now. Your lame duck coach just got fired, and your program's messiah is out shopping for a new direction for Husker football, I think it'd be a little healthier to have your attention fixed on that process instead.

Don't worry, there'll be plenty of time for your stories in 2009, just save them for now.

:clap:clap

I've stayed out of the fray of this thread for this long because I don’t know anyone who went to Boulder this year, so I only had this to add…

From what I saw on TV and read about (or rather, didn’t read about) in the papers, this seems to have been a pretty decent game for visiting Huskers. For all the stories we’re hearing, none of them are too much worse than what I’ve heard from people in other stadiums around the country. So while some of these comments aren’t good, they’re more “normal” than in years past – that’s what I’m seeing.

The one specific thing I saw during the game was this: After the game, lots and lots of fans flooded the field. There was a big swirl of Huskers, Buffs, and Colorado fans all over the field. Despite this, it seemed amicable, and I have yet to hear of anyone mouthing off to a Husker player, or of any kind of altercation. Everyone seemed to be getting along well, with several handshakes/hugs between Huskers and Buffs.

I think this may start to be a rivalry if we can keep stuff like this going. Hawkins threw the glove down to his fans before the game, and for the most part it seems like they responded admirably.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:clap:clap

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

I'm down with that :clap:clap:clap

...T_O_B

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Provided they ditch the 'The REAL Blackshirts' undershirts by then.......

Another nice touch to the afternoon was foul mouthed female CU students. Another reason why Nebraska girls are better than CU girls.

What's the first reason? Those trademark Nebraska cankles? Child bearing hips? Flapjack boobies? Waist length hair? Asses shaped like manhole covers?

This is hard, there's so many awesome qualities to choose from! :thumbs

Our women would kick your women's @ss in football. LOL

Like said before all teams have there bad fans. I myself was at the 2003 iowa state - nebraska game where nebraska lost. I heard so much garbage comming from isu fans how isu was the new big red. When i heard that i bout lost it. I myself am very very reserved when it comes to winning games because i know how quickly you could be eating crow pie. Every time we beat the snot out of isu i never say anything to my inlaws. I never gloat or brag. Im just glad i dont half to hear them rub it in my face all year. When we beat teams i never brag because you never know when that underdog team is going to roll intown and kick ur a**.

No one is perfect. People get loaded up and do stupid things. I guess thats the chance you take when you go to any sporting event. Hell ive seen soccer moms go ape shi# over a block. The point is this. No one is going to be acting like saints and christians when its a rivlary game.

Ben