BOISE ST COACH

Hunter,

I will support anyone but Pelini.

I just do not feel this is the high end job that some do.

We have major problems here. And it will be looked at by those coaches that are successful at smaller programs.

Who should we be after in your mind.

I think Reicht at Georgia is a great coach.

I think Tuberville, Rodrigquez, Spurrier, Tetford, Zook, Miles, Wilingham.

But I do not think a one of them would come here. Problems and the projected salary would keep them away.

What we might get, Kelley, but it will cost us.

Peterson at Bosie, but highly doubtfull, and will cost at least as much as Colorado paid Hawkins.

Grobe, but still not cheap.

Glenn wants to come here, has a strong background at all levels, could be very affordable.

Some one off the radar, VT defensive coordinator.

If we take Gill, it will be a long time before Tom can leave. I do not think he wants to baby sit for years.

The last and final to me is not even worth mentioning his name again. If we end up with that, I honelty am done with Nebraska football. Character and Morals are requirement one with me. He has neither.

So yes we may get a great coach, but I doubt that it is anyone of the top coaches in the country. It will be a shot in the dark.

We just fied a coach that showed loyalty. Graduated athletes, ran a clean program. Dealt with problems fairly. He is gone, rightfully so no question

We have booed our team/coach. Something very rare at Nebraska, just basically since our carosel started turning.

We have fans threating coaches lives.

And AD that state he felt in all his time here a losing season would get him fired and he is doing the hiring.

In the middle of frippen nowhere with less than desireable winters. No beach, no mountanins, high humidty.

We are going to be hard pressed to get a top coach to come here.

The stakes are too high now. We fired a 9-3 coach went in the toilet and now who ever comes here knows the patience level. Why would a successfull coach at another program come here. As far as fam support it would be a step down.

We will settle and I mean that derogatorily for a middle level coach. We are not in the hunt for anyone that is proven. Rodriquez would die laughing if asked I am sure. Meyer knows the level of our talent, he turned his dream job down due to talent level.

We truly have nothing to offer but our supoort and trust me the coaching community knows what it has been like the last couple of months.

The best we could hope for is Grobe, Johnson or Glenn, I would honestly be surprised if any accepted other than Glenn. But we have hurt our reputation the last two months.

Trust me they are not going to be knocking down the door, they were not the last time.

Yes is it would be a great job if the guy could come in and win instantly, a lot like SC I think. But the chances of that are slim to none.

Get ready to ride the merry go round guys. Where it stops no one knows.

Man! I hope you dont have any guns in the house. To say that NU is not desirable to a coach is definitely a

grandiose statement. If you are crrently a head coach at a top tier college now then your opinion would

be a valid one. But since your on this board I'm guessing your probably not. The sparkling facilities, deep

pockets Buffet as a booster, great fan base and national prominence, I think would be more than enough

incentive to coach at dear old NU. Sure expectations are high but anyone worth his coaching salt would

welcome a chance. You would also have a boss that would be sympathetic to your circumstances. These

are just a few reasons why I believe your statement and arguments to be a little dis-concerning.

But as the kids say now WHATEVER!!! :thumbs

We just fied a coach that showed loyalty. Graduated athletes, ran a clean program. Dealt with problems fairly. He is gone, rightfully so no question

We have booed our team/coach. Something very rare at Nebraska, just basically since our carosel started turning.

And AD that state he felt in all his time here a losing season would get him fired and he is doing the hiring.

In the middle of frippen nowhere with less than desireable winters. No beach, no mountanins, high humidty.

The stakes are too high now. We fired a 9-3 coach went in the toilet and now who ever comes here knows the patience level. Why would a successfull coach at another program come here. As far as fam support it would be a step down.

We will settle and I mean that derogatorily for a middle level coach. We are not in the hunt for anyone that is proven. Rodriquez would die laughing if asked I am sure. Meyer knows the level of our talent, he turned his dream job down due to talent level.

We truly have nothing to offer but our supoort and trust me the coaching community knows what it has been like the last couple of months.

The best we could hope for is Grobe, Johnson or Glenn, I would honestly be surprised if any accepted other than Glenn. But we have hurt our reputation the last two months.

Trust me they are not going to be knocking down the door, they were not the last time.

Yes is it would be a great job if the guy could come in and win instantly, a lot like SC I think. But the chances of that are slim to none.

Man! I hope you dont have any guns in the house. To say that NU is not desirable to a coach is definitely a

grandiose statement. If you are crrently a head coach at a top tier college now then your opinion would

be a valid one. But since your on this board I'm guessing your probably not. The sparkling facilities, deep

pockets Buffet as a booster, great fan base and national prominence, I think would be more than enough

incentive to coach at dear old NU. Sure expectations are high but anyone worth his coaching salt would

welcome a chance. You would also have a boss that would be sympathetic to your circumstances. These

are just a few reasons why I believe your statement and arguments to be a little dis-concerning.

Boise St has no tradition yet.

The NU job would be a step up in prestige at a national program.

You don't get to see many WAC games as they are considered a lower conference than the Big 12.

Everyone I've talked to can't stand that idiotic blue carpet they play on.

How ghetto!

the wac conference is a good conference they can score points with just about any conference in the nation they have been scoreing points for years now i think the wac conference is a better conference then the pac 10 conference thats for sure theirs only 3 good teams every year in the pac 10 atleast the wac can show up and give teams a game

the wac conference is a good conference they can score points with just about any conference in the nation they have been scoreing points for years now i think the wac conference is a better conference then the pac 10 conference thats for sure theirs only 3 good teams every year in the pac 10 atleast the wac can show up and give teams a game

willitendto agrrewithyou tosomeextentbuti don'tknowforsure.......irritating isn't it. PUNCUATION!

Boise St has no tradition yet.

The NU job would be a step up in prestige at a national program.

You don't get to see many WAC games as they are considered a lower conference than the Big 12.

Everyone I've talked to can't stand that idiotic blue carpet they play on.

How ghetto!

Boise States national reputation undoubtedly exceeds Nebraskas --- this is a what have you done for me latley world. History matters little. In the past 5 years Boise State has won nearly 90% of its games, been to 5 straight bowls, has 5 straight conference championships, has been ranked every year, and has been to a BCS game. NU has won ca. 60% of its games, been w/o a bowl twice, has zero conference championships, has not been ranked but once at seasons end (maybe twice), and watches BCS games on TV.

Also, Boise State is a feature team on TV with regularity (the team they play is the other team). NU is often now, the other team when they are on TV. Boise has several signature wins and is considered the ultimate over-achiever whereas NU is a grand under-achiever.

NU has history. NU has facility. NU has a long-term fan base. But Boise State is vastly superior the program over the last five years and that is what matters to most. Now, Boise State is capped --- they, given their conference, can likely go no higher. At NU the possibilities are greater and the history greater. How Peterson sees all this who knows. Maybe $$$ will be the trump card.

Peterson would be great. But it is a pipe dream. Boise State is a much better place to be right now and if we wants a move up to a big conference program he should wait for a more competitive program to open up. Only insane $$$ will draw a proven coach here. The position, on its own merit, is not attractive. The NU coaching position at this time, in this context, is not a top 10, a top 20 or even probably a top 25 position. People will not be beating down the doors to come to a fringe top 40 program with fans who think (and thereby demand) the the program still be the top 3 program that it once was.

WOW!! Are you serious...Boise State better than Nebraska. Well, I guess if you like going undefeated and still not getting a sniff at a national title..or coaching in a conference no one takes seriously..or having limited facilities...or sharing your fan base with Idaho and Idaho ST. No, trust me...I was deployed in 2006 with an Aviation unit from Boise and our commander knows (albeit not well) there head coach. No one from Boise expects Peterson to stick around. Yes, I guess I could see him going to a PAC 10 school, perhaps UCLA, but not if Nebraska comes calling. I heard one Fox Analyst (Chris Landry) called Nebraska "a top ten coaching job". Now I don't know if I would go quite that far (but then again maybe I would). I guess by your way of thinking FL ST, Miami, and Notre Dame are "fringe top 40" programs also. Just because a team has a few tough years doesn't mean that the program is no longer attractive..especially with great facitlies, a great fan base, an AD that would be good to work for, and a lot of state money with no one to share with.

I like Peterson (but I do like others more...and not Bo or Gill) but I think he would definitely be interested. Plus he'd get a chance to knock off his old boss coaching in Colorado...great for the NU-CU Rivalry