Search Is On Fast Track

I'm sure it sounds fast but remember that Osborne tapped a professional search agency in Atlanta to gather names of possibilities. Go look at the Baker-Parker Associates website (I believe they are two separate companies now) They are a super high profile company dealing with presidents, CEOs, coaches, deans, etc. They have unlimited sources to gather who would be interested, and get all information and sort that all out as to who "fits the bill the best." They are involved in the decision but do all of the grunt work. I believe Steve P chose to do all of this on his own. Osborne also said he had talked to this search firm previously. Who knows how long ago that was but they can work very quickly too.

It is far fetched to say Osborne already knew who the coach was going to be before he even went on this trip. Keep in mind during his interview he said that previous experience at NU was a definite plus...not an absolute must, but most likely a plus for the candidate.

I don't think "Courtesy Interviews" are a good idea...if you don't have any intention of hiring someone, then it don't work out with who you did hire, the one you gave the "courtesy interview" to may not even want to apply for the job again.

If you have in mind who you really want to hire, that is the person you want to talk to....then if they say something that raises flags, then you talk to someone else to compare them to.

It would piss me off to go some place for an interview then find out they had no intention of hiring me.

Courtesy...no, that is more like a "FU interview"

I'm sure it sounds fast but remember that Osborne tapped a professional search agency in Atlanta to gather names of possibilities. Go look at the Baker-Parker Associates website (I believe they are two separate companies now) They are a super high profile company dealing with presidents, CEOs, coaches, deans, etc. They have unlimited sources to gather who would be interested, and get all information and sort that all out as to who "fits the bill the best." They are involved in the decision but do all of the grunt work. I believe Steve P chose to do all of this on his own. Osborne also said he had talked to this search firm previously. Who knows how long ago that was but they can work very quickly too.

It is far fetched to say Osborne already knew who the coach was going to be before he even went on this trip. Keep in mind during his interview he said that previous experience at NU was a definite plus...not an absolute must, but most likely a plus for the candidate.

Also remember that TO stated he hadn't talked to any coaches during the season, however that doesnt mean a search agency hadn't talked to possible candidates to find out their position. This in turn would give TO a short list of names that he could move quickly on.