Bo Pelini's salt water aquarium guy is a friend of mine...

One thing that's could be critical on this to make it happen...

one of the fish, named "Gill" (actually short for Gillman), apparently is a Jew Fish, and Pelini's wife is worried about not having an adequate Jewish community in Nebraska as a support system for this particular fish. Anti-semitism still exists, and examples like this just bring it to the forefront. I can understand her concerns as these coaches and families live inside a glass house - almost like an aquarium.

I don't think this is going to tank the deal by any stretch - we should be smooth sailing from here on, but in the process of filtering out some of this stuff there could well be something that surfaces that causes some waves.

One thing that's could be critical on this to make it happen...

one of the fish, named "Gill" (actually short for Gillman), apparently is a Jew Fish, and Pelini's wife is worried about not having an adequate Jewish community in Nebraska as a support system for this particular fish. Anti-semitism still exists, and examples like this just bring it to the forefront. I can understand her concerns as these coaches and families live inside a glass house - almost like an aquarium.

I don't think this is going to tank the deal by any stretch - we should be smooth sailing from here on, but in the process of filtering out some of this stuff there could well be something that surfaces that causes some waves.

:rollin:rollin:rollin

I think this thread is starting to "catch" on. There are many people who have "taken the bait" and posted on here.

Only because the guy that started this thing keeps bumping it back up to the top. :corndance

I will NEVER post in this thread. I don't want to promote this silliness one bit.

I think you may have a point. I can't believe that someone would make a coaching decision based on a Jew Fish, but stay tuned.

Just got a text message: They're likely going to leave the Jew Fish in New Orleans in an appropriate Jew-friendly setting. My aquarium friend is helping them locate an appropriate family right now (Sunday isn't a holy day for Jews). Apparently there is a Hebrew settlement in Orleans, although many in this community actually speak Yiddish.

Looking like Bo's N !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Do I assume correctly that all the issues about the aquarium got sorted out?

I guess, since there is no more fish they can stop off on in Kansas on the way here, and let Magino use the 400 gallon tank for a bath Tub, since it might be big enough.

And strong enough too. You wouldn't want 400 gallons of water and sh#t flowing everywhere.

Do I assume correctly that all the issues about the aquarium got sorted out?

I guess, since there is no more fish they can stop off on in Kansas on the way here, and let Magino use the 400 gallon tank for a bath Tub, since it might be big enough.

And strong enough too. You wouldn't want 400 gallons of water and sh#t flowing everywhere.

Yeah, that brings a whole new meaning to "Don't feed the Manatee".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...