That is the question. Does Nebraska want to win or are they just appeasing the fans. Money has is the problem with getting a proven head coach.

We either need to step up and do it or just admit that we are only concerned with our sell out record, being adequate and on a rare occasion playing for the MNC.

The money is here if we decide we want to be players. From what Coach Osborne has been saying I am not convicned that is the idea. More along what Ohio State did. I know they are out there, but I would rather see Rodriguez or Reicht, Tuberville, Spurrier or that level running the sidelines. Turner does not fit into that picture no matter how Nebraskan we want someone to be.

We will know what our goals are after this coaching search. If they do not even ask or consider some of the top level coaches, we pretty much know it is about staying the course and hoping for a god send.

That is the question. Does Nebraska want to win or are they just appeasing the fans. Money has is the problem with getting a proven head coach.

We either need to step up and do it or just admit that we are only concerned with our sell out record, being adequate and on a rare occasion playing for the MNC.

The money is here if we decide we want to be players. From what Coach Osborne has been saying I am not convicned that is the idea. More along what Ohio State did. I know they are out there, but I would rather see Rodriguez or Reicht, Tuberville, Spurrier or that level running the sidelines. Turner does not fit into that picture no matter how Nebraskan we want someone to be.

We will know what our goals are after this coaching search. If they do not even ask or consider some of the top level coaches, we pretty much know it is about staying the course and hoping for a god send.

i agree, i don't think Os thinks it is necessary to spend the money. may hurt us in the long run, then again blind faith always has a chance, albeit not a good one.

Cowher is night and day from BC.

He would fit great into the Nebraska-mold of hard-nosed, highly-motivated football.

I have thought about him but never considered him a realistic option. But if he was interested in college-ball Neb would suit him to a T.

If he is actually interested it would be a crime not to interview him. I guarantee you boosters would come up with the extra $$ it might take to pull him.

Sorry, but I want a coach who isn't going to be tempted by every open NFL head coaching job.

I doubt that would be a major concern. Cowher seemed to be tiring of the NFL in his last season. He's one of the four nfl coaches I think would be interesting to watch here. Cowher, Schottenheimer, Parcells and Holmgren. Well, I would have added Joe Gibbs if he hadn't gone back to Redskins...aniehoo....

Not that I think we'd ever pursue any of them. Just that it would be interesting.