The Search is Over!

My sources say that TO is not done interviewing yet........ my sources are not from "inside the athletic department",.....but they did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night :)

obiously, this whole post is wrong......just a bad attempt at humor :corndance

Look at departing flights. Remember that Gill postponed his end-of-year press conference because he's still out of town; so it would make sense that he went back to Florida to resume recruiting.

I guess all of this is pointless since we know for certain that Gill is getting interviewed. The only question is whether it has already happen yet.

The Gill interview happened Monday.

http://www.fanblogs.com/nebraska/007342.php

:thumbs

Here's the bottom line.

If GILL is named coach, we will be fine. He has great leadership qualities and the players will definitely rally behind him. However; he will need a wiz at OC and DC. If he has the right assistants, Gill may well lead us back to dominance. Gill is the steady-hand, the rock.

If PELINI is named coach, we will be fine. The defense will almost assuredly be back on track to dominance, and we will need a wiz at OC. He has shown a tendancy to be a bit emotionally volatile at times, but I still think the his emotionally charged coaching may be great, especially for our defense.. but there is a chance that it will blow up. Pelini is more risky IMO.

Either coach would be fine with me, they both have their strengths and their weaknesses. I think that Pelini would be the more risky hire, but we certainly wouldn't be giving up 40+ or 60+ or 70+ to anyone ever again. Gill is more of a steadying influence like TO was, and with the right assistants could lead us back to prominance.

So anti-Gill people and anti-Pelini people. Please, step back take a bit of an objective look, and you have to see the strengths and weaknesses of both candidates. The main concern here is going to be getting the right assistants in place.

Thank you for putting so eloquently what I was fixin' to say! :thumbs

http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/footbal...2005-gill.shtml

During the height of Nebraska football in the 1990s, with Gill serving as quarterbacks coach, the Cornhuskers had unprecedented success at both the quarterback position and as a team. Gill, rated one of the top ten recruiters in the nation in 2000 and 2001 by ESPN.com, played a vital role in Nebraska's three national titles, and mentored a string of record-breaking quarterbacks, from Tommie Frazier to Jamaal Lord to 2001 Heisman Trophy winner Eric Crouch.

Turner didn't just graduate from NE. He was a coach here. He was quarterbacks coach, then either oc or assistant head coach. Now head coach at Buffalo for two years.

He knows NE tradition and what we expect.

Who would his DC be though?

Maybe some of his existing staff: http://www.ubathletics.buffalo.edu/football/coaches/

Coaching Staff

Head Coach Turner Gill

Asst. Head Coach/ Quarterbacks Danny Barrett

Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Jimmy Williams

Offensive Line Allen Mogridge

Defensive Ends Coach Brian Mohnsen

Tight Ends Coach/Special Teams Coordinator Aaron Stamn

Running Backs Lee Chambers

Wide Receivers Coach Juan Taylor

Defensive Backs Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Matt House

Defensive Tackles Coach Toby Williams

Strength & Conditioning Coach Ryan Groneman