has lucky given any indication about the draft?

melscott62

I havent heard any indication. However, I think it would be a terrible mistake for him to come out. He hasn't shown enough to even be one of the top 10 backs in college. I think his smart choice would be to stick out college GET YOUR DEGREE FOR FREE. Then declare next year and if the NFL doesnt work out, which it doesnt for most you still got your edumacation for free and wont have student loans to payoff for the rest of your life and can still make something of yourself. Lucky you need to hedge your bets and stay in school.

Ask BJax if he should have stayed in school....

nope, at least he is making money in the NFL.. he had nothing more that he could of done this year.. he would of been splitting even more carries with a healthy lucky, add in castille and helu.. and the way that cally is, he wouldn't have made BJ the workhorse that he would of needed to be to improve his stock in the draft...

and as for lucky, i don't think he'll leave because he DOES have a lot to prove still.. especially after the article in the OWH(i think?) where he said that he was actually letting up a bit so that he didnt wear out during the season.. that isnt a good thing to pro scouts.. who wants someone who doesnt give his all the whole year? plus, theres not a lot of incentive outside of the nevada game to take him that high.. although, the NFL seems to be moving towards the more versatile pass-catching backs more so than the power runners, so who knows

Depends on our offense next season.

If we do the power running thing, he should probably bolt (And structure incentives in his contract to finnish school).

With a spread offense that's capable of throwing a few to the backs, he might be able to improve his stock.

Remember when leaving Nebraska early wasn't even a consideration?

am I the only one laughing at the irony of spelling associated with the topic of education in this thread? I'm not insulting anyone, I know they were just typo's....

as for lucky. if we could find someone who was creative(like our current AD) they could do a lot of stuff to mess people up. I would use him as a receiver when he is not in the game running the ball. I would run wr screens, reverses... so on. with all the big plays he makes, he's the type of guy that gets the other teams coaches attention when he is on the field. we can definitely use that to our advantage, both in play and as a decoy

Lucky has stated in an interview that his education is important to him, and I think he said that his decision would be based partly on what happens with the new coach and that whole situation. I think he would be drafted if he went pro, but if he wants to have a shot at being a superstar, he'd best stick around and see what he can do when our offensive line is whipped into shape next season.

X

am I the only one laughing at the irony of spelling associated with the topic of education in this thread? I'm not insulting anyone, I know they were just typo's....

as for lucky. if we could find someone who was creative(like our current AD) they could do a lot of stuff to mess people up. I would use him as a receiver when he is not in the game running the ball. I would run wr screens, reverses... so on. with all the big plays he makes, he's the type of guy that gets the other teams coaches attention when he is on the field. we can definitely use that to our advantage, both in play and as a decoy

If you are speaking of education being spelled "edumacation" it is a subtle joke. It was done on purpose to emphasize the importance of becoming educated and not just another dumb jock.

If you are speaking of education being spelled "edumacation" it is a subtle joke. It was done on purpose to emphasize the importance of becoming educated and not just another dumb jock.

that and "finnish" school. unless he referring to some college in Scandinavia. Like I said... I'm just teasing you guys.

With the Huskers likely running more of a spread next year, Marlon could really do some big things. His ability in the open field is outstanding, and he could be used in a variety of ways (maybe even taking shotgun snaps like McFadden?). He could easily be a first-day pick next year.

i agree, dumb ass cally never used lucky or purify with any imagination at all. he was so ate up with his damn x's and o's, he never looked at his personnel long enough to plug them in to different situations.

too bad.

With the Huskers likely running more of a spread next year, Marlon could really do some big things. His ability in the open field is outstanding, and he could be used in a variety of ways (maybe even taking shotgun snaps like McFadden?). He could easily be a first-day pick next year.

he plays well when you get him the ball out in the open field. that should have been the goal all year.....cally =

:asshat