Osborne hits recruiting trail

DaveH

Gee! Do you think Dr. Tom will be able to pass the NCAA exam? LOL! He is such a modest , class act! The entire state and fan base should be so grateful to have such a great man representing our state and team. I get the feeling that everything is gonna be all right just knowing that he is involved in this process. GBR!!!!

It's great having Osborne back involved. He's interviewing, he's recruiting, he's telling the players about going to class and working out, and keeping people calm. Amazing guy...

Seems like everyone can just relax, unplug their computers, and check back in a few days.

"I don't want to get into any specifics," Osborne said. "When the time comes, we'll make sure everything is laid out for you. There won't be any secrets."

So he said he will hit the recruiting trail on Thursday and Friday. So what does that mean, if anything, about the timeline for the coach search? Would he need to put the search on hold to go recruit for those days? Does he plan on having the search completed by that time? These were the first questions that popped into my head when I read TO's comments.

It's possible he'll be able to pitch the new coach to the recruits by then.

I heard Sean Calahan on the radio saying that he's going to specifically talking to in-state kids. Collins Okafor is one that has said he hasn't been contacted since the coaching shake-up and is starting to get concerned.

Tonight on Big Red Wrap up they interviewed Okafor. He shared that he had been to Stanford recently and to KU last weekend. KU interviewed him and offered him a scholarship. After the interview Sean Callahan said, 'Wow, that's something we didn't know! That's a concern there.' I'm sure he went back to Husker Illustrated and put that on the old website. When asked how he would feel if Osborne came to his house for a visit he laughed and said, 'It's Coach Osborne! My mom would be brewing up tea/coffee!'

For the Nebraska kids this is HUGE that a legend is coming to visit them at their homes! It's probably an even BIGGER deal to their parents! But how awesome is Dr. Tom!! This is why I have no worries as to who our new HC will be. Tom is a coaches coach. He knows what he's looking for. While we don't all agree on who will be chosen I think we pretty much agree that any of the people on the list would be a good hire for Nebraska. (By the way Steve Sipple (LJS) and Mitch Sherman (OWH) both picked Pelini!)

Can you IMAGINE Tom Fricken Osborne visiting your home and saying he wants you to go to NU? These kids should be in AWE. He's THE MAN for getting out and pounding the pavement for recruits. Rolls up his shirt sleeves and simply gets the job done. Steve Pederson ever do that as AD?

B

Your bet your sweet hiney that MOM and DAD will be in AWE even if the kid isn't! ;)

I was just thinking that the loud "Oh sh!t!!!" you just heard is the rest of the country finding out that Osborne is hitting the recruiting trail. But I think he'll stay close to Nebraska. I would think that Iowa will be the farthest he'll travel in the couple of days he set aside for recruiting.

If I'm a Nebraska high school kid and I receive a call from TO, it would go something like this:

Me: "Hello?"

TO: "Hello, son, this is Tom Osborne calling to encourage you to come play college ball at Nebraska."

-silence-

TO: "Hello?"

ME: "Sorry, I had to go throw up for a second."

:worship:corndance:corndance:worship