I would be surprised NOT to see Callahan as an OC at some NFL team next year. Maybe he takes the year off to spend time with his family... that's possible.

But that's where his future lies, IMO. I think he'll be really successful as an NFL OC.

I saw Callahan on that show on the sci fi network "the Tin Man"

He was one of the munchkins.

I heard on the radio(?) down here that if the Cheifs Offense continues to struggle that he may be a canidate for KC OC. I hope not, but also saw in various rumor postings that Gruden may hire him in Tampa as OC.

Thanks man!

That is hilarious about that commercial; That bank is probably keeping that commercial up in appreciation for the huge sum of money BC just deposited.

I am surprised as that commercial has not been running for about six weeks. Wonder if some cable station was re-running a show from September that still had some old commercials queued? Kind of like when you see a Christmas Sale commercial in the second week of January on SciFi...

IMO he is probably done as a HC. But his OC-cred is still definitely there. I think he'll get an OC job next season in the NFL.

:lol: I dont think no one is gonna hire his ass after what he did here in nebraska If im a owner of a nfl team im keeping him as far away from my team as i can dedhoarse

IMO he is probably done as a HC. But his OC-cred is still definitely there. I think he'll get an OC job next season in the NFL.

:lol: I dont think no one is gonna hire his ass after what he did here in nebraska If im a owner of a nfl team im keeping him as far away from my team as i can

I'm not a betting man, but if I was I would bet you're not correct. His philosophy and style of coaching are nearly ideal for the NFL, and I think he'll be called/talked to for open positions for 2008.

Callahan is a cancer to teams. He just needs to stay away for a while. I am a chiefs fan and I know what he did in Oakland, just coaching for Oakland is bad enough but ruining Husker football.

Bill, JUST SAY NO. :boxosoap

Yes, how dare he take them to a Super Bowl!?!?!? How HORRIFYING!!!

Seriously - don't bring up the dysfunctional schlock-fest that was that Oaktown locker room as evidence against Callahan. That was NOT his fault. That was a situation involving a bunch of over-paid prima donnas who felt they didn't need to be held accountable for their play on the field despite salaries greater than the entire earning power of Huskerboard's members combined. Was Callahan faultless in that situation? Doubtful. But was he the ONLY problem there? Not even close.

Cancer to teams? No way.

I was wondering what happened to Callahan myself. Was there any report on a final meeting with the players after he was let go? Was he seen leaving his offices? Did he make any public statement? Seemed to just disappear. Thought he would at least send out a statement or something...did I miss it?

I know BC and his staff wanted to win and tried greatly to do so while they were here. I am sure they will move to thier next positions/jobs just fine. I do wish them well and thanks for their efforts.

I don't see why you would even have a final meeting for the players with Callahan. If he's bitter, it just gives him a chance to cause some dissension. Even if he's not, it could lead to the players rationalizing what really wasn't a very good performance by them this year.

Likewise with a public statement. No need for one, what would it accomplish, for anyone, unless he felt that Osborne unfairly characterized the reasons for dismissal. Just walking away quietly is the professional thing to do, and that's exactly what Callahan has done.

I think everyone could use a bit of self-reflection to decide what they could've done better, and then look forward to the future, and don't keep looking back. "Everyone" includes the fans too.

I was wondering what happened to Callahan myself. Was there any report on a final meeting with the players after he was let go? Was he seen leaving his offices? Did he make any public statement? Seemed to just disappear. Thought he would at least send out a statement or something...did I miss it?

I know BC and his staff wanted to win and tried greatly to do so while they were here. I am sure they will move to thier next positions/jobs just fine. I do wish them well and thanks for their efforts.

I don't see why you would even have a final meeting for the players with Callahan. If he's bitter, it just gives him a chance to cause some dissension. Even if he's not, it could lead to the players rationalizing what really wasn't a very good performance by them this year.

Likewise with a public statement. No need for one, what would it accomplish, for anyone, unless he felt that Osborne unfairly characterized the reasons for dismissal. Just walking away quietly is the professional thing to do, and that's exactly what Callahan has done.

I think everyone could use a bit of self-reflection to decide what they could've done better, and then look forward to the future, and don't keep looking back. "Everyone" includes the fans too.

I can see your point with the players. As for making a public statement, I think he should have done this and gone out gracefully. Karl Dorrell just did it today at UCLA and even Pud made a nice statement...BC should have made a professional statement...would have brought closure to all of this in a good way. Maybe because he did not make a statement we can assume he is bitter? If that is the case, then that is somewhat sad.