Blockbuster Trade!!!!

Dan_F_30

All times ET 6:20 p.m., from Peter Gammons

• The Tigers have won the Miguel Cabrera sweepstakes. Detroit will get Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis for six players -- Cameron Maybin, Andrew Miller, catcher Mike Rabelo and three minor league prospects.

They gave up a lot for him and Willis. I'm not too happy about this trade cuz it brings them into the AL Central where my Twins have to deal with them now....But with the young studs the Twins have it could be a competitive year!

That's HUGE for the Tigers. Although changing leagues doesnt always go smoothly for players, i.e., learning new pitchers, hitters, strike zone, etc.

NUpolo, are you saying the Dodgers got Andruw Jones? For 30 mil? That's crazy. He's a bit overrated IMO.

I beleive it was 2 years for $36 million. I guess at least it is a short contract but I think they still over paid for him.

Andruw Jones deal is one very expensive risk IMO. In his prime , ya . But in his twilight. NO WAY IMO.

Agreed. He is beginning to get old, has declining numbers, and will now play in a ballpark that is notoriously hard to hit for power in. Makes ZERO sense even without mentioning that there is already a CF on the roster making too much money, and have two bona fide outfield prospects that don't make 18 mil a year.

Andruw Jones deal is one very expensive risk IMO. In his prime , ya . But in his twilight. NO WAY IMO.

Agreed. He is beginning to get old, has declining numbers, and will now play in a ballpark that is notoriously hard to hit for power in. Makes ZERO sense even without mentioning that there is already a CF on the roster making too much money, and have two bona fide outfield prospects that don't make 18 mil a year.

Those are all ingredients for a GM to get fired.

Those are all ingredients for a GM to get fired.

Well, I'm sure signing Chan Ho Park ought to smooth the waters out.......Ned Colletti makes me want to punch my balls.