Did anyone find out what happened with Turner Gill?

Thanks. After I wrote that post, I found an article in the Omaha World Herald sports section this evening with Gill saying the same thing. Osborne said it was the hardest call he ever had to make but Gill was ok with it because he saw that he was needed at Buffalo and it just wasn't time for him to be a head coach anywhere else but where he is right now. Good Man, that Gill.

"There are only a handful of schools that I'd be interested in going to"

That would suck to be at a school where your HC had no fear of being open about saying, "Yeah, there are other jobs I'd leave this one for." I mean, it's not like they don't know that in Buffalo, but that sure sucks for them.

Thanks for the links. Good talent like Coach Gill wont stay at Buffalo too long. How crazy would it be to see Buffalo in a bowl game next year?

I'd be cheering just as hard for them as I would the Huskers. Unless of course they are playing the Huskers. Can't have anything but respect for Coach Gill.

"There are only a handful of schools that I'd be interested in going to"

That would suck to be at a school where your HC had no fear of being open about saying, "Yeah, there are other jobs I'd leave this one for." I mean, it's not like they don't know that in Buffalo, but that sure sucks for them.

I would think that most of the people in Buffalo know that since they are a Div 1 school they wouldn't be able to keep a really good coach for very long. Just my opinion.

According to one of the articles, Buffalo has a game at Missouri next year. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to road trip and root on Gill and the University of Buffalo.

Why does that not surprise me, that Missouri would have them on their OCS.

Have you seen are non-conference schedule for 2010??

We maybe the new K-State

According to one of the articles, Buffalo has a game at Missouri next year. Sounds like a perfect opportunity to road trip and root on Gill and the University of Buffalo.

We maybe the new K-State

Exactly. Let's not go poking fun at other schools' out of conference schedule.

We maybe the new K-State

Considering Ohio State, Hawaii, and KU had 3 of the weakest schedules in D1 and all 3 are playing in BCS bowl games and one in the NC game; I personally don't see this as a bad thing. I think the system is completely broken by putting them 3 in BCS bowl games, but as it is now the weaker the schedule the better.